Official Rodgers Injury Thread

AZpackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep Wallace was Godawful last night.....but we have to play the cards we are dealt as fans.......we must cheer for him now.....he deserves that much.......

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been called a troll forever. The two things I've trolled about is the inexcusable replacement of our backup QB 6 days before opening day, and the fact that TT was handed the best Oline in the NFL(arguably), tore it apart and never replaced it, putting the crown jewels of the NFL (BF, AR)
TT trading Farve was a good decision, if he didn't where would we be? I bet Rodgers would be paying elsewhere, Farve would have finally retired in 2011, and who would be our QB? Harrell, Coleman some one else, we'd be in a serious re-building stage we wouldn't have won the Super Bowl in 2010 would McCarty still be the coach? With Rodgers we're secure at starting QB for the next 5-7 years.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think our real issue here is our lack of pass protection and lack of pass rush.

Also, if we could have stopped the bears on that fourth and inches, again, our chances of winning go up.
Lack of pass protection: Unlike the 49ers who continue to have every single starter, including THREE 1st rounders, healthy and starting every week, we are missing both of our 1st round OTs always in Bulaga and Sherrod. 1st rounders are usually 1st rounders for a good reason.

Lack of pass rush: Clay Matthews, our D MVP and 1st round pick, been out awhile, hurt.
His bookend, Nick Perry, another 1st round pick, been out awhile, again. Hurt.
Replacement starter OLB Andy Mulumba also went out yesterday with a knee.
There's your pass rush.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
with our remaining schedule.......I would take 3 weeks........ but from what I have been reading mid December might be more likely. Can we get in the playoffs at 9-7 and do some damage with what we hope will finally be a healthy team?

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can we get in the playoffs at 9-7 and do some damage with what we hope will finally be a healthy team?
Very unlikely, Right now we're 8th in conference standings withe the bears and Panthers ahead, right behind are the Cardinals, Eagles, and skins. We'd have to have at lest 10 wins, the last NFC team to make the playoffs as a wildcard with a 9-7 record was the skins in '07. Sure if we're in the AFC that record could get us in.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been called a troll forever. The two things I've trolled about is the inexcusable replacement of our backup QB 6 days before opening day, and the fact that TT was handed the best Oline in the NFL(arguably), tore it apart and never replaced it, putting the crown jewels of the NFL (BF, AR) at risk. Lang going down shows the paper thinness of the latter, AR going down shows that insanity of the former.

I've trolled about one more thing, that being that MM and TT would be flipping burgers without AR. Now we'll see.

EVERYTHING This man just said!

AZpackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM just said it is a "week to week" thing with Rodgers injury. The Doctors seem more optimistic than the prognosis last night....you can read what you want into that.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
That and what I find interesting is how every post I've seen for Air-Run when he had to step in for BrINT in the Dallas game has always been positive. Yet the Packers lost.
It's always tough for a back up to go in there cold to pick up where the superstar left off.

I'm willing to give TT, MM, ZZ, CC, JJ, LL and any other double initials that are with the Pack a break and to give Senneca Wallace a chance.

To add: Then again, there were all those Favre ball lickers that were quick to denounce Rodgers and were calling for their overrated boy to return when he left.
Are all football fans this fickle or just certain Packers ones?

Only difference I see here, however, is that Dallas was on a hot streak that year (and so were we). We battled for the #1 seed in the NFC, where as yesterday it was a 4-3 division rival with their QB sidelined. Aaron losing to Dallas was not shocking since Lord Favre was self destructing before he was sidelined with an injury.
A MUST LISTEN !!! Aaron Rodgers tuesday radio interview following his injury !

POST # 119 , this thread !

I started tearing up listening to him, he's so passionate it hurts :(

Circa1919

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm willing to give Wallace a chance, given our playoff hopes are said and done. Not many backup quarterbacks are perfect the first regular season game they play. Even McCown struggled but because he had several games to play he now has enough of a flow to aid the Bears in beating us.

I just hate, hate losing against the Bears. I'm surrounded by Chicago-philes.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lack of pass protection: Unlike the 49ers who continue to have every single starter, including THREE 1st rounders, healthy and starting every week, we are missing both of our 1st round OTs always in Bulaga and Sherrod. 1st rounders are usually 1st rounders for a good reason.

Lack of pass rush: Clay Matthews, our D MVP and 1st round pick, been out awhile, hurt.
His bookend, Nick Perry, another 1st round pick, been out awhile, again. Hurt.
Replacement starter OLB Andy Mulumba also went out yesterday with a knee.
There's your pass rush.
Agree. We are wounded and more so than any team I think. Can anyone say they have lost the likes of a Bulaga, Perry, Matthews, now Rodgers, Cobb, Jones(2) and Finley for extended time. These are the foundation for our team!!! Tell me which team would be 5-3 given these circumstances.

Having said that I will make no excuses for poor tackling on defense , and the poor pass protection I saw from the right side of our OL last night.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I can't wait to see Wallace running away from the Eagles D. Ha, hahahahahahaha! Skol Cheeseheads.

Well, I can't wait to see your 1st string QB, whatever his name is, running from...

Wait... Never mind... I don't waste my time watching the hapless Vikings' games. Boring. Nor do I visit their fan forums. But, it's great to see that you are enjoying yourself...I guess...

:tdown:

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Well if he is out 3 weeks. The next 3 games "CAN" be a cakewalk (Providing the D shows up) Eagles,Giants,Vikings.

If Mathews comes backs that will be a blessing. The Giants seem beatable this season. Eli is having a down year.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
ESPN radio reported that team doctors said the time frame is 3 - 6 weeks for return. With the way the Packers have been getting busted up and not returning on time, I would lean more with the 6+ weeks time frame.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
ESPN radio reported that team doctors said the time frame is 3 - 6 weeks for return. With the way the Packers have been getting busted up and not returning on time, I would lean more with the 6+ weeks time frame.
Agree on this, especially because an "average" Clavicle fracture seems to need at least 6 to 8 weeks to heal. So 3 weeks may sound too optimistic. We'll have to wait and see.....

Defense92

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope every person associated with the Vikings org dies in a fire. get out of here you @$$.

He's just displaying the expected attitude of a 1-7 team, Gary Jenkin$ new team. He doesn't have anything to talk about on his own team's forum, other than Ponder throwing the ball at Jenkin$ feet, or Jenkin$ miraculous catches of five yards, so the guy needs to come here out of boredom.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Ok this is getting ridiculous..You heard ESPN saying up to 6 weeks...

This says 3 weeks and it is an ESPN article

http://www.630wpro.com/common/more....ticle=C4CCF8C3465711E3B51EFEFDADE6840A&mode=2

ESPN: Packers Quarterback Aaron Rodgers Could Miss 3 Weeks

It goes to show no one knows..

When MM says it is going to be week to week and he feels better AFTER talking to the doctors , that is what we should be listening to

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you have to go with the week to week timeline. He can probably play right now if they shot him up but the risk of re-injury is huge. I think they will just continue to look at it through x-rays and scans and as soon as they see new bone forming in the area of the crack they will consider letting him go. I am guessing that they will accelerate his return as much as they can without risking re-injury. I get the next man up (let the backups get proficient while you try to be 100 percent) but this is the one position this doesn't apply to. I would guess that he could return for the Vikings game but........they are scared to death of the lions game with their dirty d-line play.

Circa1919

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Eagles and Vikings are beatable without Rodgers if the D can step up. The Lions are what scare me. You never know when Matthew Stafford can look like a rookie or a quarterbacking genius.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts