Official Packers @ Minnesota

H

HardRightEdge

For all the scoring pyrotechnics of the last 2 games, perhaps the most overlooked Packer stat this season is giveaway/takeaway.

The Packers are first in the league in fewest giveaways (thank you, Aaron Rodgers), and second in the league in takeaways, for a league leading +14.

Minnesota will need to be free of major mistakes and go +2 on giveaway/takeaway in the first half or so to make a game of it. Or combo a Patterson KO return with a +1 in the g/t.

Of course it is possible, but the probability is very low.

Reaction score
Their D OVERALL is BETTER than ours, at least on paper but Rodgers trumps that differential 5 times. For the Pack, it's all about the O Line in this game

I fully expect our D to make a long day on Bridgwater. They may as well have Joe Kapp under center.

I'll eat my hat if the Pack don't spank em'.
Yes, I'll eat half your hat with you.
We know the Vikings could just as easily be at .500 (or better) when looking at their games since we played at Lambeau. They've lost several close ones and homefield playing into probability, there is a chance they could hang in there and cause problems.
Sidenote: The factor I havn't seen mentioned in awhile? The GB defense is #2 in takeaways. #1 in the NFL in takeaway vs giveaways producing 3 more net takeaways than the #2 team..all this while our bench is getting 4th Qtr experience which depth is invaluable come playoffs. based on Arizona's schedule.. There is a distinct possibility this could be a conference game that decides the #1 seed. Call me optimistic, but I like our chances, particularly if Seattle wins this 1st matchup Sunday

Last edited:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Those expecting a blow-out today are going to be sorely disappointed.... I learned a long, long time ago to not talk crap during the week leading up to divisional games (except Bears games where I am given NO choice). Pack win, but it won't be quite as decisive and humiliating for the Vikes as we'd like to see.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
Those expecting a blow-out today are going to be sorely disappointed.... I learned a long, long time ago to not talk crap during the week leading up to divisional games (except Bears games where I am given NO choice). Pack win, but it won't be quite as decisive and humiliating for the Vikes as we'd like to see.
I for one didn't call for a blowout. And I've always wondered why people are superstitious. It matters not one bit what anyone says or thinks except of course the Green Bay Packers and the Minnesota Vikings and of course their respective coaches.

Those are the only people in the world whose words and thoughts matter for today's game.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I for one didn't call for a blowout. And I've always wondered why people are superstitious. It matters not one bit what anyone says or thinks except of course the Green Bay Packers and the Minnesota Vikings and of course their respective coaches.

Those are the only people in the world whose words and thoughts matter for today's game.

Not superstitious ... the sh*t talk always comes back to haunt the spewer. That's my point.

D

Dan115

I am superstitions in I try to do the same routine if we win--- A lose then change the routine.

D

Deleted member 6794

Packers inactives:
QB Scott Tolzien
CB Jarrett Bush
LB Nick Perry
LB Carl Bradford
C Garth Gerhart
WR Jeff Janis
TE Brandon Bostick

PackManDan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is going on with Janis?? Isn't he healthy? Why is he not being played at all? Is there something he did or didn't do that I don't know about?

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is going on with Janis?? Isn't he healthy? Why is he not being played at all? Is there something he did or didn't do that I don't know about?

Janis is a secret......shhhhhhhhh.
No but seriously. He is a weapon we dont need. So its good strategy to hold him in hiding. So when we do use him, his unreal top end speed will be a complete suprise.... I picked up the trend right away. Packers conservative nature, they put rookies on IR for any reason to hold them another year. They pack and stash and stockpile talent all over in creative ways.
Come playoffs. Janis will have 3 TDs before D-coaches figure out who he even is:) lol

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
Great game for Lacy. He was key. Very nice win.

EDIT: It looks like The Brady Bunch has the Kitty Kats handled with 1:53 to go.

Last edited:

Fozastuta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That win was as important as the 2 previous (50+). It might of been tight and a little uncomfortable at times, but that was game management at its best, it probably convinces me more that were building towards something in an odd way.

Old Guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, I'll eat half your hat with you.
We know the Vikings could just as easily be at .500 (or better) when looking at their games since we played at Lambeau. They've lost several close ones and homefield playing into probability, there is a chance they could hang in there and cause problems.
Sidenote: The factor I havn't seen mentioned in awhile? The GB defense is #2 in takeaways. #1 in the NFL in takeaway vs giveaways producing 3 more net takeaways than the #2 team..all this while our bench is getting 4th Qtr experience which depth is invaluable come playoffs. based on Arizona's schedule.. There is a distinct possibility this could be a conference game that decides the #1 seed. Call me optimistic, but I like our chances, particularly if Seattle wins this 1st matchup Sunday
Well, it wasn't quite a spanking, but it was a win. They need to come down off their high horses and get to work. The D was not good today.

Old Guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You sir, win the prognosticating award today!

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
Want some ketchup with that hat? ;)
What are you talkin' about? We won!

When I said spank I didn't necessarily mean a blowout, just a win. :tup:

;)

Old Guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Want some ketchup with that hat? ;)
Yeh, not quite a spanking. The O was sloppy with a lot of penalties. The D looked confused all day. The same play run for a touchdown and then a 2 pt conversion, and wide open, both times.....that is embarassing. Guys wide open all day....just lucky he was a rookie QB and missed them a lot. Brady won't.

Old Guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congratulations to the fans and to the Packers for winning a hard fought game! Your live chat patrons were really nice and as always, you guys run a real class site! Thanks and we'll see you guys next season!

~Val
So long, Val...Enjoy the walleyes! Wish I had some>

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts