Official Packers @ Minnesota

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing frightens me about this game... our special teams.

The specials teams have been pretty good so far this year by Slocum standards... but the past two weeks starting to look like the special teams of years past. The only way we lose to the Vikes is if special teams totally kill us.
Eagles dynamic return game was kept in check the entire game. We had a punt returned for a TD. What's the problem? I'm not worried about our ST at all. This game won't be close.

Packers 41
Vikings 13

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only dumb Broncos fans penciled in a win. Those Rams have had arguably the toughest schedule so far. They knocked off the 49ers, the Seahawks, and the Broncos while losing to this list of top teams: Dallas, Philly, San Fran (split series), Kansas City, and Arizona. Those are all contending playoff teams. Their only two easy games were Vikings and Buccaneers. I'm not sure that the Packers would be better than 4-6 had we played that schedule!

Well, maybe not every fan but I think the majority of people were surprised and figured Denver would win. I saw at one place where 12 or 13 picks for the game were all Broncos, except one.....who I believe was Ditka. Haha

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eagles dynamic return game was kept in check the entire game. We had a punt returned for a TD. What's the problem? I'm not worried about our ST at all. This game won't be close.

Packers 41
Vikings 13

ok...I'm with you...but if the ST sucks and hurts us i'm never listening to you again.:D

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Only dumb Broncos fans penciled in a win. Those Rams have had arguably the toughest schedule so far. They knocked off the 49ers, the Seahawks, and the Broncos while losing to this list of top teams: Dallas, Philly, San Fran (split series), Kansas City, and Arizona. Those are all contending playoff teams. Their only two easy games were Vikings and Buccaneers. I'm not sure that the Packers would be better than 4-6 had we played that schedule!
Well they lost to the Vikings so I don't think the Rams think it was an easy game.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
W
lol...I got a kick out of that also. apparently it wasn't so easy huh?
What is interesting is that the most points scored against the Rams this year in any game was 34. Four teams did it, the Vikings, the Cowboys, Eagles and Chiefs. How often have 4 teams come up with the same winning score against a team in one year like that?

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
Even if AP comes back (Hopefully he won't) I think we will sink the Vikings ship.

Packers: 439
Vikings: 3
AP has not nor will he ever get the Viqueens one single inch closer to a championship.

I can't think of a scenario where the Pack doesn't whip em'.

439? Let's be realistic here and say 150. :laugh:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

In case some of you are wondering the NFL has suspended Adrian Peterson for at least the remainder of the season.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AP has not nor will he ever get the Viqueens one single inch closer to a championship.

What? He "has not gotten them a single inch closer"? I promise you, no matter what team Peterson would play for he WOULD "Get them a single inch closer to a championship". That Vikings team is 110% better with AP. Kind of an understatement but apparently not for some. :roflmao:

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
The NFL screwed up. They used the illegally leaked information from the grand jury. In the future expect to see anything and everything used to discipline players. The NFL no longer considers what goes on in the courtroom the standard for punishing players. It now considers public opinion the operating force.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFL screwed up. They used the illegally leaked information from the grand jury. In the future expect to see anything and everything used to discipline players. The NFL no longer considers what goes on in the courtroom the standard for punishing players. It now considers public opinion the operating force.

Sadly, that's getting to be how it is in the real world as well.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
The NFL did the right thing with Peterson.

What he did was just plain wrong but I just have a problem with the NFL as a moral authority.

This was a legal issue and AP was fined and the legal system was satisfied with that.

Why in the world does he have to go and grovel to the NFL?

The NFL has absolutely no moral authority.

If you or I did something like this, how would you feel if your boss TOLD you to come and explain yourself to him?

You would rightly feel that the matter was between you, your family and the Department of Children and Families or whatever they call it in Texas.

The NFL, like the NCAA is just a bit to high and mighty for my tastes.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're 2 and 3 on the road, easily could be 1 and 4. Vikes have a decent defense. If the home team shows up we win easily; if it's the road team it'll be a dogfight. I think MM has turned the team, and Rogers likes domes.

Packers 34
Yikes 17

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I am shocked and offended.
I can't believe you wrote that.
I mean really. Some people.
You think I was being unrealistic.
*Sulks away from computer*

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're 2 and 3 on the road, easily could be 1 and 4. Vikes have a decent defense. If the home team shows up we win easily; if it's the road team it'll be a dogfight. I think MM has turned the team, and Rogers likes domes.

Packers 34
Yikes 17
Aren't they playing outdoors in the Minnesota University stadium while the new indoor Vikings one gets built?

I think all games should be in the elements and on natural grass.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aren't they playing outdoors in the Minnesota University stadium while the new indoor Vikings one gets built?

I think all games should be in the elements and on natural grass.
Yes, totally forgot (a common thing these days). Still think the same about the outcome.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In case some of you are wondering the NFL has suspended Adrian Peterson for at least the remainder of the season.
Well, this will give AP a chance to reconnect with his kid as he said in his prepared statement that he wanted to do.
Now we will really see if he actually wrote that statement or if someone else did it for him.
Either way, now he really gets to live up to those words.
So if he actually reconnects with this boy in a positive way, then this suspension can't be bad at all now can it?
And it could have been worse for AP.
At least he didn't get a mouthful of leaves and his ******** and other parts beaten.
I always felt like there had to be some justice for the torture he did to his son either from the law or the NFL.
Since the law, to me, didn't deliver enough I feel that the NFL did. So I'm fine with this even though a ban from the game would have been better.

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The biggest advantage the Vikings had at home is now gone. The noise and turf of the inflatable toilet has now been replaced by just another outdoor stadium. I don't think it will be a blowout, but we're definitely going to be double digit favorites even on the road. Vikings have some talented players, but are still a year or two away from serious contention and Teddy isn't going to be the savior at least this season.

27-17 is my final score prediction.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the pack will have another great game. I think pack 45-10 vikes Lacey will have a good run Arid will throw t.d. dine will get the ball back a few times, it will be fun to watch.

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack win 21-17, MM doesn't have the heart to blow them out, plus you're shouldn't hit women(I know that is an insult to all women, comparing them to the vikes).

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any given Sunday! When will people learn? I talked to a couple over confident Broncos fans vs the Rams...oops.