Official Packers @ Minnesota

Old Guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But, seriously....the egos can go down as they looked just good enough to beat a poor team. That won't cut it next week. Looking forward to the game and to see where this Packer team really is.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But, seriously....the egos can go down as they looked just good enough to beat a poor team. That won't cut it next week. Looking forward to the game and to see where this Packer team really is.

They're 8-3 after 11 games. More than enough games to know where this team is at.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
We're very good. One of the 4 or 5 best teams in the league.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Take the win but hold your nose rather than a celebration on this one. I suppose every good team gets one of these from time to time. At least the Packers got some humbling without the added damage of a loss- and with some help get to move into first place.

The defense looked like its pre-bye self. Luckily their qb has downfield accuracy issues or he could have really torched us. They had receivers running open far too much without a Packer defend in sight. Communication issues and blown coverages again.

The offense stopped itself by having 3 big plays deep into opposition territory called back by foolish blocking penalties. Turn those three drives into score and the Pack could have been looking at 40 today.

Maybe it'll prove to be for the good to get some comeuppance before New England next week. One thing's for sure; put on another effort like this one then and it'll be the Packers getting 50 put on them.

Reaction score
Well, it wasn't quite a spanking, but it was a win. They need to come down off their high horses and get to work. The D was not good today.
I agree
Turnover ratio was key here.but honestly as I said MN is a .500 quality team with talent trying to figure it all out and with homefield they can pose a threat to many teams
reality is our D played C- grade football added with too many penalties (Neal) that kept then in the game while Bridgewater n Co. played B grade offense.
I think MN played B grade against a difficult opponent. GB played C grade overall. Their rookie RB looked good.. MN is a couple of playmakers from being wildcard status

Old Guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They're 8-3 after 11 games. More than enough games to know where this team is at.
I'm not so sure.....We have beaten a lot of teams with losing records. Quality win at Miami in the last minute and a blowout of Philly at home does not tell me as much. Maybe it is because of this Jeckle and Hyde (No pun intended) defense that I thought looked so bad today against a rookie QB. I would love to be more enthusiastic but recent playoff history has me saying I'm not sure where this team is at. That's why I am looking more at next week's game/
We're very good. One of the 4 or 5 best teams in the league.

Reaction score
Take the win but hold your nose rather than a celebration on this one. I suppose every good team gets one of these from time to time. At least the Packers got some humbling without the added damage of a loss- and with some help get to move into first place.

The defense looked like its pre-bye self. Luckily their qb has downfield accuracy issues or he could have really torched us. They had receivers running open far too much without a Packer defend in sight. Communication issues and blown coverages again.

The offense stopped itself by having 3 big plays deep into opposition territory called back by foolish blocking penalties. Turn those three drives into score and the Pack could have been looking at 40 today.

Maybe it'll prove to be for the good to get some comeuppance before New England next week. One thing's for sure; put on another effort like this one then and it'll be the Packers getting 50 put on them.
It may have been a win but it was ugly, particularly officiating and us hurting ourselves with penalties.. That alone kept them in the game. We just took a step backwards IMO with that W.
Good news: we are the #1 net takeaway/giveaway team in the NFL. That's not a coincidence either. We need to continue forcing the QB to scramble and hurry. Eliminate those consecutive blown coverages and penalties alone and we win 31-17

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
It may have been a win but it was ugly, particularly officiating and us hurting ourselves with penalties.. That alone kept them in the game. We just took a step backwards IMO with that W.
Good news: we are the #1 net takeaway/giveaway team in the NFL. That's not a coincidence either. We need to continue forcing the QB to scramble and hurry.
I agree it was not a pretty sight but on the bright side, the O line looked good and consequently Lacy looked like a million bucks.

Old Guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree it was not a pretty sight but on the bright side, the O line looked good and consequently Lacy looked like a million bucks.
I'll agree on Lacy. Add Lacy to the list of guys who did not feel well yet go out and have good games. Ran well against the Vikes both games.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Divisional games often are the worst to use to judge. Every year a team down on their luck has their Super Bowl vs the top team in their division. It helps them that they get two games a year and usually know tendencies better than a team that sees us once every 4 years and has to go off of video.

Minnesota has a very good defense and is going to be a good team soon. And this would be the proverbial trap game.

Next week will be a good indicator of where we and the Pats are at this point in the season. However, there will still be nearly 1/3 of the season to go, so regardless of what happens, much can change for either team by the time playoffs come around.

nlferts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While the final score may not have been what Packers fans were expecting, I wouldn't be too concerned. This was a clear trap game and I'm sure most of our guys were looking forward to the New England match-up. A win is a win and at the end of the day, Green Bay is 8-3 and atop the division.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but the 'weak schedule' argument is the oldest, most recycled argument every single year.

We've beaten Miami and Philly. Detroit has beaten us and Miami. Philly has beaten the Colts and that's about it. Dallas has beaten Seattle and that's about it. The majority of playoff contenders have beaten pretty much all of the bad teams on their schedule and some of the good. It's how the bad teams got their record and the good teams got theirs. Most don't have more than 2-3 wins against the better teams in the league.

searmh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
at no point last night did i feel we were going to lose the game, we were a bit flat on both sides of the ball thanks to a very good MN defence. Lacy was very good and too many penalties helped their offence. Divisional games should never be blow outs, and we should expect MN, DT and CH to step up against us as we should against them. I expect more spark against NE next sunday and boy its gonna be a great game.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
at no point last night did i feel we were going to lose the game, we were a bit flat on both sides of the ball thanks to a very good MN defence. Lacy was very good and too many penalties helped their offence. Divisional games should never be blow outs, and we should expect MN, DT and CH to step up against us as we should against them. I expect more spark against NE next sunday and boy its gonna be a great game.
It was kind of pathetic when Charles Johnson scored. It looked like Williams and Burnett kind of gave up on the play. At least that was my impression.