Official Pack vs Niners

757Niner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think saying the 49er's OL made Kaepernick vs. the Packers makes sense. A great OL can spring a RB/QB so he’s not touched for 4-5 yards or so, but beyond that the success belongs to the RB/QB. If you’re a ********* go back and watch the Packers get out-schemed, LBs and DBs bounce off of - or attempt to arm tackle - Kaepernick, or take bad angles. And a dual threat QB has an advantage running the ball.

Even though they lost, I thought the wild card loss to the 9ers at Lambeau showed the Packers had overtaken the 49ers. Remember the Packers ended up with 15 players on IR in 2013, including Bulaga, Finley, and Hayward. For that playoff game Matthews was inactive, and Shields and Neal went out with injuries on first series. Even so, the Packers were a dropped INT by Hyde (with 4 minutes left in a tied game at the 49er 34 yard line) away from winning.My questions for 757Niner: If it were up to you, would you cut Kaepernick at seasons end, or would you put up with his inconsistency? How do you view the state of 49er fans generally? Although they appeared in the Super Bowl two seasons ago, it’s been just over 20 years since they won their 5th title. How will the fan base react if last season’s 8-8 becomes the beginning of a rebuilding period, particularly if they do part ways with Kaepernick?

Ok, I'm going to get kind of long-winded here so bare with me..

Let me first say this. Kap was hand-picked by Jim Harbaugh. He is the QB he coveted and Baalke went and got him. Baalke liked Dalton. He wanted a guy who could thrive more from the pocket. So ultimately, Baalke isn't tied to Kap as many may believe.

Do I personally believe we should move on after this year? Not really. I mean what are the alternatives to Kap? A retread QB who's never been good enough to be the franchise guy anywhere else? No thanks. A rookie who may turn out to not be half as good, yet you throw him in the fire early because you don't have any viable alternative? I'll pass. Kap on most days is still better than average. In some ways, I think he needed a O-Line as awful as ours and a horrendous game like the one versus the Cards to FURTHER cement to himself that he still has a LONG way to go. As fan, you hope that keeps that flame of desire to improve on his craft and be the ultimate QB he can, burning hotter than ever. You continue to believe the best is yet to come and that he learns from this experience and it makes him a better QB in the end

But I defintely don't think he should be handed the keys like he has since he became a starter. I defintely think we should spend a 3rd or 4th round pick on a QB with a great upside. Let Kap feel a little uneasy about his job status and to also convey that being pretty good will never be good enough.

As far as the fanbase, let me preface this by saying I think the general fan is VERY misguided in their assertions about how a organization operates. Jed York, via theYork family owns my bebeloved 49ers. Its HIS team. Like any owner, he has the luxury to do what he deems necessary for the best intrest of his business. He's not the first owner to part way with a successful coach. He won't be the last. And to the degree that Harbaugh's scucess is measured really depends on the type of fan you talk to. I will always have great respect and admiration fo Harbaugh for resurrecting the franchise that I love. But it was ABUNDANTLY clear that he and his philosophy towards football would never change. And in a league were constant change and development are paramount, you will be behind the 8-Ball if you continue to re-hash the same thing, thinking the results will be different. We would continue to be 'just not good enough' under Harbaugh. I didn't see his vision of football taking us to the ultimate goal. His first two years were phenomenal but basically a team built on a great defense and a awesome running game. But his last two years, instead building on that foundation and adding to it, he seemed to get stagnate and not have answers to the league sort of catching on to his scheme. I'd much rather Jed/Baalke blow it up, trying to find their version of Belichick(not saying Tomsula is)than to be comfortable with the status quo and just being "good enough" to be a contender but never great enough to hold the Lombardi when its all said and done. I have no issue about Harbaugh leaving. I predicted it would happen well before it did. It remains to be see if Tomsula was the right man to replace him.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Packers inactives:

Brett Hundley
Davante Adams
Demetri Goodson
Morgan Burnett
Jake Ryan
Lane Taylor
Bryan Bulaga

joe_eureka

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Comments welcome! It seems to me that McCarthy and company are using the clock much earlier and better than ever. When the Pack has a solid lead in mid to late 3rd quarter the offense slows things down, running more using shorter passes to burn the clock! Not seeing a prevent defense to allow other team into the game.

Robert Mason

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Comments welcome! It seems to me that McCarthy and company are using the clock much earlier and better than ever. When the Pack has a solid lead in mid to late 3rd quarter the offense slows things down, running more using shorter passes to burn the clock! Not seeing a prevent defense to allow other team into the game.

I thought it was a prevent defense against the Chiefs when it was 31-7 or a confused defense ?

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What the heck is going on here? Refs are missing call after call. Cobb is getting hammered, grabbed, held, on every play. No call. Lousy spots for the Packers and generous spots for the 49ers. Packers offense isn't playing well, but it's hard when your receivers are getting manhandled on every route.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
What the heck is going on here? Refs are missing call after call. Cobb is getting hammered, grabbed, held, on every play. No call. Lousy spots for the Packers and generous spots for the 49ers. Packers offense isn't playing well, but it's hard when your receivers are getting manhandled on every route.
The officiating was not the best either way. I will let it go as a wash as to who got what call or non-call.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never got the hate on them
I think they're better than they were, maybe it was just me, but I think there was still a heavy bias when Favre was still here against GB by those 2. Mostly Troy, but Buck just followed his lead. But I think they're pretty good these days. They still irritate me at times, but most announcers do so I don't hold it against them :)

But the 9er's came to play on defense today. Lots of fight in the group.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The officiating was not the best either way. I will let it go as a wash as to who got what call or non-call.
I agree, they mostly just let them play, and I'll take that over the alternative any day.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they're better than they were, maybe it was just me, but I think there was still a heavy bias when Favre was still here against GB by those 2. Mostly Troy, but Buck just followed his lead. But I think they're pretty good these days. They still irritate me at times, but most announcers do so I don't hold it against them :)

But the 9er's came to play on defense today. Lots of fight in the group.
Literally every team has a segment of fans that think buck and Troy have a grudge against their team. It's ridiculous to think imo. They are both very professional and some fans seem to think the telecast should sound like the packers radio broadcast.

I can't stand gruden on mnf only bc I'm sick of hearing "I love this guy" 19 times a game.

Sky King

Reaction score
Yesterday, Buck stated that the Packers were the most dangerous team in the NFL. Aikman stated that Aaron Rodgers is playing QB at the highest level he's ever seen. Imagine how much more flattering those comments would be if they weren't so biased against the Packers. :rolleyes:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
people hear what they want, packer fans aren't any different.

anyway, it was a big win against a struggling, but still dangerous team. That defense is still for real. it was hot, they had to fight thru it, on a short week and on the road and won by a couple scores. That's not easy to do in this league.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I underestimated all the factors that made this a tough game.
But it's good to know the team can handle adversity and win handily on a day they weren't at their best.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
What the heck is going on here? Refs are missing call after call. Lousy spots for the Packers and generous spots for the 49ers.

Glad I wasn't the only one noticing that, I must have rewound at least 10 plays wondering how the refs came up with the spot that they did, many of them costing us a first down or giving the 9'ers one. It's been a pet peeve of mine for years and you would think with technology and someone up in the booth, the correct spotting of the ball would be automatic after each play and not require coaches to have to challenge them. Would hate to see the game slowed down anymore then it already is, but at least get the ball spotted correctly when it could mean a first down.