Official Pack vs Niners

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would prefer they destroy Kaep. His act is so tired and its time to settle up with him. Lets hope he is as awful as he was yesterday.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
3rd game in a row that you could say is a "revenge" game of sorts. I don't think the 9ers will be able to stop rodgers, and the D will play well for 2-3 quarters which is plenty.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3rd game in a row that you could say is a "revenge" game of sorts. I don't think the 9ers will be able to stop rodgers, and the D will play well for 2-3 quarters which is plenty.

I think Rodgers has an axe to grind with them

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Vs. the 49ers and Kaep:

Keep Mulumba on the bench. He can't contain a jelly sandwich.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that this will be like the Packers road game against the Vikings last year. McCarthy will change things around and run the ball more than the previous three weeks. It will be a lower scoring game but still a convincing victory.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
It will be SOOOOOOO nice to get the Niner monkey off our backs (no offense to GreenandGold's avatar). We beat Seattle earlier, getting a victory in SF will be poetic.

I still fear the pistol formation and a scrambling QB however, that is still our weakness, so hopefully the higher-performing defense is ready for them.

Contain that and find a way to disrupt them getting into a rhythm akin to the 4th quarter in KC game and this game is ours.

Go 4-0, then return home to host the Rams and Chargers, enter the bye at 6-0 then emerge to take on Manning and the mules and Carolina on the road, then get ready to sweep the division.

I can dig it.

Reggie White Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers for some reason dating back to the 90's when they were horrible indoors, have been immobilized by mobile quarterbacks (Vick-who beat them in Lambeau under 20 degrees for the first time ever, Kap, and that Wilson guy) the Packers surprise run defense has improved from last year although Charles was efficient. Packers should get faster on the outside and learn to tackle just a tad better and they can win this game and stop Kap who doesn't seem himself from years past.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kap running on them worries me a little. But the Pack has shown that they can be discipline enough to contain those running for QBs. Our front guys are much more talented now than last time Kap ran wild on us. They will make Kap try and beat them on the air, which will result in a few turnovers.

The way this offense is playing, I just don't really see anyone slowing it down any time soon. The only ones that can stop us is ourselves with dropped balls or bad play calls. Which I think Clements has done a much better job than Mccarthy. Rodgers is out for blood this year too, this guy is just ridiculously good

757Niner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No need for your fanbase to worry. I predict you'll put at least 40 on us.....by halftime. We have a myriad of personnel and schematic issues. There's no way I see us scoring enough points or stoping Rodgers at all. This is not the same Niners under Harbaugh. We're a work in progress and just not a very good team right now. Haven't watched the film from the Cards game yet. Really, I'm afraid to. But Mangini hasn't kept the continuity from Fangio's scheme like he promised during the offseason. At least not through the first 2 games. And offensively, we have a QB that looked completely lost and baffled against the blitz versus the Cards. Too many issues to overcome a good team...Packers in a cakewalk.

Last edited:

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get worried when I see so many people declaring this as an easy game. If it isn't then we will get, "what happened!?" from some people due to expectations. On the road with a desperate team can sometimes get you. I can see why it could be seen that we are going to walk in and dominate, but I also can see why we could struggle. It's impossible to have a flawless game every game, so a mistake here and there can always cost us. With that being said, as long as we play on the level that we have been playing on, I see us winning. Let's get to 4-0.

Packers: 34
49ers:21

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's what worries me about this

1. We just got done playing and beating 2 good teams at home in great fashion about as good as you could've asked for. Now we gotta go on the road and maintain that level of play to a high degree, that's going to be tough.

2. Even though the 9ers had two bad games in Pitt and Arizona, don't think for a minute that their players are giving up yet, that is not the case at all. Coming home to play us in front of their fans I fully expect they want to give them something good to watch.

3. We gotta stop Carlos Hyde, he's not a guy we've faced yet so we don't entirely know where we're going there. If our D does do that and force Kaep to throw about 40 plus times a game, I think we win, but if they get Hyde rolling early, this could be tough for our D.

4. I know this not the Harbaugh Niners and I don't even think they'll make the playoffs this year, but I'm still taking them very seriously. Our O-line needs to be up to par this game because I fully expect Tomsula to try going after Rodgers hard this game with his blitzes.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
And offensively, you have a QB that looked completely lost and baffled against the blitz versus the Cards.
No, no. YOU have "a QB that looked completely lost and baffled against the blitz ..." :D

Seriously considering the state of the 49ers I think the Packers could get a win without playing their best ball. Of course I hope we don't find out. The Packers should have a little extra motivation.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
The thread is quite hilarious to read!
I love this one: theduke85 writes, "Anyway, as for an actual score prediction: I'm guessing we'll start hot, and Hayne will return a kickoff for a touchdown to put us ahead. Then Rodgers will turn into Godgers and eviscerate us. Packers win 62-3." The 49ers are so bad they only get three points for a KOR for a TD! :D

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love this one: theduke85 writes, "Anyway, as for an actual score prediction: I'm guessing we'll start hot, and Hayne will return a kickoff for a touchdown to put us ahead. Then Rodgers will turn into Godgers and eviscerate us. Packers win 62-3." The 49ers are so bad they only get three points for a KOR for a TD! :D

Yup, that cracked me up too. Hope we don't get over confident. 4-0 is quite realistic. Touch wood!

Members online

Latest posts