Official Lions studs and duds

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs was the 2nd half team. I'm hoping this is the spark this team needed. Rodgers and Rodgers.
Crockett, J. Ryan, and many of the rookies pumping some life back to this team.

Duds, receivers. These guys cannot get open if their life depended on it, play calling again is terrible. 3rd and shorts and they can't convert.
Offensive line pretty bad again. They'll use the excuse of injuries. But even starters have struggled as of late

Love to see your explanation of how a play caller is supposed to adjust to the o line and WRs (most players on the fields) being a dud.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love to see your explanation of how a play caller is supposed to adjust to the o line and WRs (most players on the fields) being a dud.

What I tried to say is several times its 3rd and short and they run the ball to the outside Making a guy run 10 yards to the side to gain 1 on a pretty obvious run play to me is a bad play call.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
What I tried to say is several times its 3rd and short and they run the ball to the outside Making a guy run 10 yards to the side to gain 1 on a pretty obvious run play to me is a bad play call.

part of that falls on AR--he can switch the side...So dont blame it all on Tom

Sometimes the play is wrong one because it doesnt work.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

They were also horribly blocked plays. A run play up the middle gets stuffed too with that same execution.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They were also horribly blocked plays. A run play up the middle gets stuffed too with that same execution.
I think I'll take my chances with a big guy like Lacy running north behind Kuhn and bringing in a TE, than having him bounce out.

We are all on a high right now because of the final play. But let's not forget that the Lions pretty much outplayed us. I do still give blame to Rodgers on being off on several throws that were over or under thrown and receivers inabilities to get open even with time. I will also credit the coaching staff on giving the young guys a chance. I think that pumped some new life into this team. You can see Crockett getting emotional after runs, J. Ryan making great plays. We asked for change and we are getting it, that I do give credit as well. But I'm definitely not sold on our play calling on offense.

Last edited:
OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

3rd play of game Starks to outside gained 4..

Watching it now

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Problem is, people will, for the rest of the year talk about how the Packers were "given" a game by the refs. You will hear over and over again. It won't go away. Just like the Fail mary in Seattle.
Lions fans for sure, and perhaps Viking fans if they don't win the division.:rolleyes:

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both Rodgers'....it's about time one of these close finishes went GB's way!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Studs: Defense for keeping us in the game. It would have been very easy for the defense to say "here we go again, the offense has nothing, game over", but they stuck it out.

Despite not have quality play from the ILB position for most of the year (besides Matthews) the Defense is starting to come into its own. The youthful secondary is meshing well, the D-line for the most part is doing its job and Peppers is still playing like Peppers (except lining up off sides) with high impact plays. One can only hope Ryan might be the answer at ILB and this defense will just keep getting better.

Cheese Meister

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The reactions of the NFL game day crew while watching the Hail Mary play is priceless!

Was it a face mask? In real time, yes. Not only did ARog turn his head, but his helmet was clearly askew, which confirmed the correct call. In slow mo, well, picky picky.

Besides, after what happened in the Seattle Fail Mary, it's about time we get an exciting game ending.

I think this last play will go down as one of the great last minute plays.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another thing that i believe is the coaches job is to get players in positions to make plays. If we notice that certain things are not workings bf our guys are not getting open, our Oline is having trouble blocking, then create plays that allow you to get rid of the ball quicker, some cross routes, etc...

This team has been getting itself behind games. Making themselves one dimensional. They wait till the 2nd half, 4th quarter to play. It's the coaches job to get the intensity right from the beginning. It's obvious they can make plays if they are coming back in games.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't intend to go into a long analysis here; the team hung together, faced adversity and found a way to come out with a much needed W.
The fans euphoria and renewed hope for the season is understandable. But I hope the team doesn't see it quite the same way, as there are still plenty of issues here, and still more problems then solutions. Thrilled with the win, but on the whole, I don't think the team or the season has done any 180's here.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They didn't wait till the 4th quarter to start trying. They were running plays all game to try and get something to happen, but none of them were working

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They didn't wait till the 4th quarter to start trying. They were running plays all game to try and get something to happen, but none of them were working

Yeah, I saw somethings different, too. But as Mondio said , they weren't working.

MichiganSportsTalk

Lions fan for longer than I can remember
Reaction score
I'll agree it wasn't a facemask, but at real speed that's going to get called every time.

I personally wouldn't be as mad about it if the flag were thrown by the ref who was standing right in front of the play instead of the back ref who only had a view of the back of Rodgers' head. The guy who was looking right at it threw no flag, and said nothing to the guy who had no clear view of the penalty he just called.

That being said, the Lions are the one who blew a 20 point lead, not the refs.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packer forum? As long as you kiss a** your thoughts will be welcome! To many homers in this forum. Take some criticism. Rubes!

The most HONEST opinion I've ever heard on here lol. That's exactly what goes on all the time. You're either a homer or you're to negative. There's no gray.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts