Official Lions studs and duds

Sky King

Reaction score
Studs: Richard Rodgers. The last guy I would have expected to put-up the numbers he did tonight, especially the last 60+ yards. But he richly deserves the credit he's due. Boffo! Injuries. I'm shocked that nobody sprained their ankle on the coin flip.

Duds: Fortunately, the offense got lucky on the last two plays but mostly they played not-so-well.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You should be. Because the next time it might be going against your team. That one call could down the road change the outcome of who goes to the playoffs or the seeding. But as long as the Packer benefit, screw it. Right. This isn't just about this game. This is about the **** poor job the refs are doing week in and week out. It's making the game BS.

I'll agree it wasn't a facemask, but at real speed that's going to get called every time.

pvegas

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Rodgers^2, Crockett, Cobb, Starks in the screen game, Peppers, last 3 quarters D in general. Also the HEIGHT of that throw.
Duds: Oline, Mathsay.

Rodgers ^2 : Never Say Never Moment of the Year? Arod won it the past two years?

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I'll agree it wasn't a facemask, but at real speed that's going to get called every time.
Problem is, people will, for the rest of the year talk about how the Packers were "given" a game by the refs. You will hear over and over again. It won't go away. Just like the Fail mary in Seattle.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Duds. The Refs. The poor penalty calling is getting to be to much. If they don't do something about it soon people are going to stop watching. Don't take this the wrong way. But when a bad penalty called or un-called ends up deciding the outcome of a game it's a problem.

you must be talking about the missed PI on the lions coverage of Abby right before the Stanford Band play? I have to agree with you, that non-call almost cost the Packers the game!

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Duds. The Refs. The poor penalty calling is getting to be to much. If they don't do something about it soon people are going to stop watching. Don't take this the wrong way. But when a bad penalty called or un-called ends up deciding the outcome of a game it's a problem.

Specific?

Mike Carey (during broadcast) and Dean Blandino both said the "face mask" was right call ---

Dean Blandino ‏@DeanBlandino 54m54 minutes ago

Hand up to the mask, quick grab with finger and head gets turned. At full speed official is going to make that call almost every time.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You should be. Because the next time it might be going against your team. That one call could down the road change the outcome of who goes to the playoffs or the seeding. But as long as the Packer benefit, screw it. Right. This isn't just about this game. This is about the **** poor job the refs are doing week in and week out. It's making the game BS.

LOL havent you seen the calls we didnt get?

Fail mary

Arizona NON facemask

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Duds: anyone who gets on a Packer fan site and starts complaining about officiating effecting the outcome of this game immediately following the game.

Packers907

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rule 12, Section 2, Article 15

Horse-Collar Tackle. No player shall grab the inside collar of the back or the side of the shoulder pads or jersey pads orjersey, and pull the runner toward the ground.

Penalty: For a Horse-Collar Tackle: Loss of 15 yards and an automatic first down.

Even if the facemask wasn't "grabbed," this definitely happened. I watched the call over and over and over. You can see the fingers curl inside the pads.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haha yeah, let's be mad about a 50-50 judgment call not going our way and not at the fact they couldn't defend a prayer 65 yard heave down the field. Makes sense.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Rule 12, Section 2, Article 15

Horse-Collar Tackle. No player shall grab the inside collar of the back or the side of the shoulder pads or jersey pads orjersey, and pull the runner toward the ground.

Penalty: For a Horse-Collar Tackle: Loss of 15 yards and an automatic first down.

Even if the facemask wasn't "grabbed," this definitely happened. I watched the call over and over and over. You can see the fingers curl inside the pads.
they didnt call a horse collar, so this doesnt count

Sky King

Reaction score
Problem is, people will, for the rest of the year talk about how the Packers were "given" a game by the refs. You will hear over and over again. It won't go away. Just like the Fail mary in Seattle.
Maybe if it had happened on the last play of the game you might get some bites with that cast but that's not the case at all. The Lions still had a chance to win the game with a 60 yard buffer giving their team an almost insurmountable advantage and they still couldn't hold their lead. The worst the refs did was to provide the Packers with just one chance to make a ridiculously improbable TD, even when everyone with a pulse knew exactly what was coming.

I'll certainly concede that it may be spun your way in Minnesota. However, the last play will have to be totally ignored for that narrative to be in the least bit plausible. It's okay to admit that you, too, may have believed that the Packers had virtually no chance to win the game just before the last snap was made. Now, that would be plausible.

Packers907

Cheesehead
Reaction score
they didnt call a horse collar, so this doesnt count

They didn't, but to all those that swear that the facemask didn't happen you can justify that a horsecollar took place. But either one works. Either one would have given the same outcome.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs was the 2nd half team. I'm hoping this is the spark this team needed. Rodgers and Rodgers.
Crockett, J. Ryan, and many of the rookies pumping some life back to this team.

Duds, receivers. These guys cannot get open if their life depended on it, play calling again is terrible. 3rd and shorts and they can't convert.
Offensive line pretty bad again. They'll use the excuse of injuries. But even starters have struggled as of late

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you must be talking about the missed PI on the lions coverage of Abby right before the Stanford Band play? I have to agree with you, that non-call almost cost the Packers the game!

To me it looked like Abby knew he had no shot at the ball so he grabbed the defender looking to draw a flag. Good non-call to me.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
They didn't, but to all those that swear that the facemask didn't happen you can justify that a horsecollar took place

okay...that i can see..

But I go by the refs

Dean Blandino ‏@DeanBlandino 54m54 minutes ago

Hand up to the mask, quick grab with finger and head gets turned. At full speed official is going to make that call almost every time.

He even said if it was a reviewable play he can see it being a facemask

Finger caught in bottom bar, and head turns

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The non Abby pi call

Defender turned played the ball and wr slowed down..

Correct call

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Studs was the 2nd half team. I'm hoping this is the spark this team needed. Rodgers and Rodgers.
Crockett, J. Ryan, and many of the rookies pumping some life back to this team.

Duds, receivers. These guys cannot get open if their life depended on it, play calling again is terrible. 3rd and shorts and they can't convert.
Offensive line pretty bad again. They'll use the excuse of injuries. But even starters have struggled as of late

After Adams Td, the Pack had the ball driving down... Adams got plenty separation, on left side, AR under threw it and was incomplete..

If AR throws higher Adams should catch it for another TD

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I also think for a flash the O'line came up with there biggest play of the night I think it was Sitton that made that big block that let A-rod launch that ICBM to R Rodgers

DC_Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
Richie Rodgers, Jake Ryan, Aaron Rodgers, Rollins, Karma, Kuhn's braveheart speech, 3rd and 8 TD Catch version of D. Adams, 4th and 1 version of R. Cobb.

Duds:
Crosby, Masthay, Majority of other versions of Adams and Cobb (High expectations overall for them both, but they played better than last game). Easy TD to Ebron. (Playing him in fantasy fb)

And In the Mud:
O-Line - I don't want to pick on them too much, considering the injuries and how the Lions D-Line is underrated, but tough game. A few screen plays were just a block or two away.

Lacy - Can you really say anything when a running back, who needs carries to get going, only gets 5 carries. Additionally, it was obvious we were running when we brought him in. Lions stack the box. Then we pull lineman who get blown out, making Lacy go East - West when he is a North - South runner. On the bright side, he will be well rested for the next game.

Twitter handles #phantomcall #blowncall = cry me a river

Members online

Latest posts