Official Gameday Thread: Packers vs Seahawks

D

Deleted member 6794

Let Hans, Franz and Aaron pump you up for tonight´s game:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers 28 Seattle 23
Rodgers 20 for 28 for 295 yards and 2 td's
Lacy 18 rushes for 121 yards and a 45 yard td run
Nelson 6 recepts for 85 yards
Cobb 7 recepts for 101 yards
Rogers 4 recepts for 55 yards and a td

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Watching the sports networks this morning. It seems the Pack are big underdogs in their eyes. I guess Vegas had the Hawks by 5 as of this AM. I kind of like when the Packers are the underdogs. I'd love to see a lot of commentators and "Snoop" eat crow. LOL

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry Seahawks, this will be a bad start into the season for you and no Fail Mary will help you out this time. 34-24 Packers !

PackManDan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I'm not as confident as every one else? I would love for the Packers to win but I think it will end up being 24-17 Seahawks. I hope I'm wrong though.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every season is different. If the Super Bowl would've been closer, I don't think we would be as big of underdogs. We would still be underdogs, but that Super Bowl is fresh on everyone's mind. But we aren't the Broncos and this isn't the 2013 season. This will be a tough test on the road with a loud crowd, but I still think we can pull this off. Packers win 31-27. But no matter the outcome, I think this could be our first game of 2 this season.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
If the Super Bowl would've been closer, I don't think we would be as big of underdogs.
I'm not sure if its still the case, but home teams used to get 3 points for home field advantage. Because the Seahawks probably have the best or one of the very best home field advantages they'd certainly get that three points. The Vegas line is 6 points, so the Packers aren't big underdogs IMO.
But no matter the outcome, I think this could be our first game of 2 this season.
Huh?

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure if its still the case, but home teams used to get 3 points for home field advantage. Because the Seahawks probably have the best or one of the very best home field advantages they'd certainly get that three points. The Vegas line and it's 6 points, so the Packers aren't big underdogs IMO. Huh?

I wasn't referring to the Vegas line as much as fan talk on various social media platforms, etc.
I think we will meet again in the postseason. Maybe I didn't word that right. Too excited about tonight. ;)

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm counting on one thing to win this game and it's our 2nd year horse Eddie Lacy...his presence will keep the 'Hawks on their heels
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I wasn't referring to the Vegas line as much as fan talk on various social media platforms, etc.
I wouldn't know about various social media platforms, but I participate in a NFL pool hosted by yahoo. Not sure how many participants there are in all the pools hosted by yahoo, but last I checked only 83% of them chose the Seahawks to win straight up! ;)

Tokadub

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok time to put my "money" or my reputation as a new analyst here on the line. I predict Seahawks win 37-16, the margin would be smaller if it wasn't in Seattle.

I have Aaron Rodgers ranked as my #1 QB in the league so I'm not a hater I like your team.

But I also have Wilson ranked as the #5 QB after last season and I expect him to rise this year.

Two amazing QB's tonight should make this a great game, but I just think the crowd advantage for Seattle will be too great for even Aaron Rodgers tonight.

RockyRaccoon

Day Tripper
Reaction score
My brother asked for my prediction last night. I gave him an admittedly over-optimistic and homerish 23-17 Packers victory.

My gut, however, was telling me we will lose what will be a very close game (though I could see a late turnover lead to a ~10-point margin).

But then, this morning, as I was falling in and out of sleep, just before I finally rose for the day, I had a dream: It was the pregame show this Sunday, and along the news ticker at the bottom of the screen I saw it:

Packers 35 Seahawks 10

So we've got that going for us, which is nice. :whistling: ;)

In all seriousness, my gut is still telling me we will lose a nail-biter. I'll call it 27-23 Seahawks, with Eddie Lacy having a big game, but Rodgers not so much.

Here's hoping my dreams are better fortune-tellers than my gut. :)