Official Gameday Thread: Packers vs Seahawks

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good Lord, people... Week 1 loss against the SB champs at their place where they're 17-1 over the previous two seasons and suddenly we suck and the sky is falling.

Did everyone think we were going to be undefeated or something this year? If a guy thought we were going to be 15-1 this year then this would have been the game he would have picked for a loss.

I seriously don't know where this panic mentality comes from that losing AT Seattle suddenly means we're going to be lucky to win the division. It boggles the mind. It really is feast or famine with a lot of people here.

That was the toughest game we will play this year and we were in it until the 4th quarter.

Myndflyte

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good Lord, people... Week 1 loss against the SB champs at their place where they're 17-1 over the previous two seasons and suddenly we suck and the sky is falling.

Did everyone think we were going to be undefeated or something this year? If a guy thought we were going to be 15-1 this year then this would have been the game he would have picked for a loss.

I seriously don't know where this panic mentality comes from that losing AT Seattle suddenly means we're going to be lucky to win the division. It boggles the mind. It really is feast or famine with a lot of people here.

That was the toughest game we will play this year and we were in it until the 4th quarter.

Thanks for bringing in some rational thought. Yeah there were issues on both sides of the ball but you can't base an entire season on the first game against an elite team and essentially say there is no point in playing the rest of the season. It would be like reading the first page of a book and judging the remaining 200 pages on it.

D

Deleted member 6794

Well, according to a lot of posters here Seattle won't even make the playoffs this season. I wonder what they think about our chances after yesterday's game.

APGu28

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It's probably the fact that the Packers were manhandled. Rodgers looked off. Lacy looked off. Offensive Line is an injury away from falling apart. Running game looked as bad as ever. etc.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's probably the fact that the Packers were manhandled. Rodgers looked off. Lacy looked off. Offensive Line is an injury away from falling apart. Running game looked as bad as ever. etc.
So what? There's 15 more games to play and none of them will be tougher than the first one. I think on a different day, at Lambeau, we are certainly capable of beating them.

APGu28

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So what? There's 15 more games to play and none of them will be tougher than the first one. I think on a different day, at Lambeau, we are certainly capable of beating them.

Yes, it could be just one game. But it is still something Packers fans should be worried about.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Yes, it could be just one game. But it is still something Packers fans should be worried about.
Not concerned yet. Actually this game may have done us a favor. It showed in the first game where we need to focus on improving for both the coaches and the players against the team we will have to beat to get to the SB. the line was playing with a rookie center and pretty much a rookie replacement left tackle. Pass rush is good, secondary is good. Biggest issue is getting those front seven to be stout.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm never in the panic category, but what was concerning was our mistakes and errors. I don't mind getting beat by good teams, and I've already stated my admiration of Seattle. However, there is a lot to correct in the film room. We got beat for sure, but it would have been closer had we not beat ourselves as well.

I hope this game shook out the cobwebs.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I'm never in the panic category, but what was concerning was our mistakes and errors. I don't mind getting beat by good teams, and I've already stated my admiration of Seattle. However, there is a lot to correct in the film room. We got beat for sure, but it would have been closer had we not beat ourselves as well.

And the great thing about that are those are easily fixed.

D

Deleted member 6794

Not concerned yet. Actually this game may have done us a favor. It showed in the first game where we need to focus on improving for both the coaches and the players against the team we will have to beat to get to the SB.

Yeah, that worked out perfectly in the last two seasons as well.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Yeah, that worked out perfectly in the last two seasons as well.
This isn't the last two years and it's only game one. Thrown in the towel after only one game? Relax, footballs back, the dark days are over. January is a long way off and there's alot of great football to be played between now and then.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I got our anemic crappy score of 16 right. I just didn't think they'd get 36. Of course, 2 were the gift safety from Sherrod, and another 7 was a gift interception donation from Rodgers down deep in our own end.

Remember when Janis did well in camp and preseasons, but Rodgers had to call him out for running some stuff the wrong way? Not being on the same page as Rodgers was?

Well WTF is Rodgers excuse with Jordy then tonight?

Should have had a TD on that early drive where he rolled left from about the 6 yard line.

Then the simple slant in on the left side, led Jordy too far off his fingertips for the Int.

There was another one earlier I can't recall.
Oh yeah, that 3rd & 4 where Rodgers had broken the pocket and had almost run for 2 yards, and could have had the first down but rightly so, perhaps, didn't want to take a big hit. So he fired it at the last second to Jordy left sideline wide open, and fired it 6 yards over his head.

He played scared it looked like. Nightmares from the 8-sack first half game there 2 years ago perhaps.

Of course, after yet another OT injury to us, then the floodgates opened past Sherrod.

Brad Jones is atrocious and I thought his coverage ability was his one forte.

He should have had the gift interception but the TE outstrengthed him knocking it out.

Then he stopped a punt on a play Peppers and Matthews sandwich sacked Wilson in the first half with a lazy illegal contact.

And he extended another drive on a 3rd & long illegal contact late when the Packers had cut it to 13 and had a bit of offensive momentum. Had they forced that 3 & out there and gotten the good field position, the game might have tightened.

Sam Barrington should be starting vs the Jets.
This team needs more strength in the middle.

Also, expect Bulaga to be out for the year as happened to Sam Bradford. Some players, and teams, are just ****ingCursed. He is, and we are.

Is Chad Clifton still walking?
Or Mark Tauscher?
Breno Giaconimi?
Jamon Meredith?

And WTF with Lacy and the concussion? He was wearing the newest and best anti-concussion helmet.
I already hated Kam Chancellor before this game.

Oh well, better a concussion than a hit like took out Adrian Peterson's ACL.

I was surprised that Mike Pennel wasn't active for this game as Seattle obviously is a strong running team.

We won't have a harder game than this all season long.
And the rookie center passed his test.
Lacy hit Chancelor, and kept running! Chancelor tried to hold on and fell off. When Chancelor hit the ground, he look knocked the effOUT for about 7 or 8 seconds. Arm up in the air, taking a nap it looked to me. But minimum a KO'd boxer trying to get up at the 8 count.... How Lacy ended up with the concussion??? Seems the GB staff is actually looking out for their players...

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Panic? No. Disappointment? Considerable.

Packers are 9-11 over the last 20 games. Check.
Our "improved" defense got walked over just as it has for the last 2+ years. Check.
MM ineffective and questionable play-calling. Check.
ILBs some of the worst in the league, completely ineffective against Seattle's run attack. Check.
1st round draft picks not having an impact, leaving the Packers with less talent than anticipated. Check.

We've seen this same thing for the last 2 years. All the preseason hype about improvements to defense, talent, a simplification of defensive schemes. . . all of it got blown sky high in this game. TO minimize this as some posters are doing and simply to call it one game is to put your head in the sand.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This game was also a neck and neck battle until Sherrod went it. Fortunately, it appears Bulaga will be fine.

D

Deleted member 6794

Let me ask you a simple question. Did you expect the Packers to go undefeated this year or something?

Nobody expected the Packers to go undefeated, but for sure I didn't think we get dominated by the Seahawks as we did.

The defense hasn't improved at all ( if you take away Wilson's kneel downs at the end of the game the Seahawks averaged 6.1 yards per carry) and the offense looked scared.

Let me ask you one simple question, is there any reason that makes you think the Packers would have a chance when playing Seattle later in the season??? I don't see any.

Myndflyte

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let me ask you one simple question, is there any reason that makes you think the Packers would have a chance when playing Seattle later in the season??? I don't see any.

Sure they have a chance. The season is long and who knows what can change on both teams. I didn't think we'd get dominated that bad either but I think if we see Seattle again, I think it'll be a different game.

D

Deleted member 6794

Sure they have a chance. The season is long and who knows what can change on both teams. I didn't think we'd get dominated that bad either but I think if we see Seattle again, I think it'll be a different game.

The Packers had more than four months to get ready for that game (even practicing a lot of stuff inside the Hutson Center so nobody could see in advance they won't throw to the right side even once) and weren't able to come up with a succesful game plan.

Nothing that has happened with the team since the playoff loss to the Giants in 2011 lets me believe they will be able to make enough adjustments during the season to be able to beat a team like the Seahawks when it really counts.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody expected the Packers to go undefeated, but for sure I didn't think we get dominated by the Seahawks as we did.

The defense hasn't improved at all ( if you take away Wilson's kneel downs at the end of the game the Seahawks averaged 6.1 yards per carry) and the offense looked scared.

Yes. Before Bulaga went out, we were playing them neck-and-neck. They never really got to Rodgers until Sherrod went in the game. It was Sherrod's first time on the field in a real game since 2011.

I've been watching football too many decades to think a week 1 loss against the defending champ is any kind of sign of doom. Besides, I never said we were going to beat Seattle anyway. What I find amusing is those who think we have no chance at even making the playoffs based on this game. I supposed Denver has no chance at making the playoffs either after than $hit sandwich they put up back in February.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts