Official Gameday Thread: Packers VS Falcons (Divisional Round)

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
navy wont allow it lol gotta give them 15 days advance notice on any days i want off

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
I'm going to call the Pops and see if he wants to make a nice little trek to Atlanta and possibly try to scrounge up some scalper tickets. Only issue is the money, I doubt they're going to go for anything under $200 a piece, especially selling to opposing fans. It'd be pretty awesome, though!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to call the Pops and see if he wants to make a nice little trek to Atlanta and possibly try to scrounge up some scalper tickets. Only issue is the money, I doubt they're going to go for anything under $200 a piece, especially selling to opposing fans. It'd be pretty awesome, though!

how far away? tickets always drop close to game time. try craigslist the day of the game.

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score

On stubhub right now, the lowest priced tickets are $115

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't wait for this rematch, I honestly prefer facing the Falcons over any other team... I want our team to beat the #1 Team in the NFC...I believe we will....IT'S SUPERBOWL OR DIE!!! BEEN SAYING IT ALL YEAR IN MY SIG!...ever since Barnett stated so preseason...SUPERBOWL OR DIE!...WOODSON BEEN SAYING IT!!! I EXPECT IT! I want it! I really believe we are going to get it...starks keep running productive, we are a tough out! love our chances!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO8w2MnugYw&feature=related]YouTube - Talking Packers With Charles Woodson[/ame]

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
shut down the run and we win this game. unfortunately, i don't think we're gonna win because i dont think we can shut down the run.

if there has been any weakness in our defense it would be our run defense. Turner is a big powerful back and he was more than a handful in the first match up. we didnt really stop him then, and i dont see us stopping him saturday.

If we dont turn the ball over we will compete all game, but in the end i think Atlanta's offense will be extremely tough to stop. specifically their run game which sets up their short efficient pass game.

Edit: Also, our run game against Atlanta was virtually non-existent. After Starks big game against the Eagles i am not entirely convinced we "have" a run game. Remember, Starks had a big game against the Niners then struggled mightly against Detroit. Our lack of a run game was a huge part in our inability to win our first match up.

This is because there were several points where we were presented with convertible third down situations, and the run game was stuffed. When we convert on third down and dont take dumb penalties, we win games.

Edit2: if anyone was looking for numbers here they are:

Turner: 23 carries, 110 yards, 4.8 per
Jackson: 10 carries, 26 yards, 2.6 per

Rodgers had more rush yards than Jackson did.

These numbers CAN NOT happen again if we have any chance to win this game.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think we had Cullen Jenkins when we faced the Falcons or Zombo...I think Cullen might be close to a 100%, I think we can stop the run...Dom Capers will figure it out...I hope Dom never leaves

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think jenkins got hurt early in that game. I like our D vs their O. We must get them off the field faster to give the packer O more chances to score. We were pretty much unstoppable in that game On O. Aarons fumble TGs 4th down ******** catch and the Fact the falcons had LONG drives on us is what cost us that game.

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
shut down the run and we win this game. unfortunately, i don't think we're gonna win because i dont think we can shut down the run.

if there has been any weakness in our defense it would be our run defense. Turner is a big powerful back and he was more than a handful in the first match up. we didnt really stop him then, and i dont see us stopping him saturday.

If we dont turn the ball over we will compete all game, but in the end i think Atlanta's offense will be extremely tough to stop. specifically their run game which sets up their short efficient pass game.

Edit: Also, our run game against Atlanta was virtually non-existent. After Starks big game against the Eagles i am not entirely convinced we "have" a run game. Remember, Starks had a big game against the Niners then struggled mightly against Detroit. Our lack of a run game was a huge part in our inability to win our first match up.

This is because there were several points where we were presented with convertible third down situations, and the run game was stuffed. When we convert on third down and dont take dumb penalties, we win games.

Edit2: if anyone was looking for numbers here they are:

Turner: 23 carries, 110 yards, 4.8 per
Jackson: 10 carries, 26 yards, 2.6 per

Rodgers had more rush yards than Jackson did.

These numbers CAN NOT happen again if we have any chance to win this game.

not to burst your bubble but we have starks, and he just ran for over 100 yards

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A look back. Basically, the Falcons got all the big breaks in this game. The gift fumbled sneak by Rodgers that cost us 7, or 3, points.
And the gift catch that Gonzalez was given on 4th down. That's also a turnover. And they still barely beat us. We are as good as they are, so whoever plays better and gets those lucky 1-3 breaks will win. Refs will be a factor as they often are.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY1n_l-20Vo]YouTube - NFL Packers/Falcons 11/28/10[/ame]

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think if we get a 2 score lead in this one, ATL will not be able to come back. Then don't just fall into prevent, must defend the check downs, cause that is 80% of Matt Ryan. Take their portion of the crowd out. I don't think MM is gonna be able to rely on a run game like he did last week though. We are going to have to exploit their secondary which isn't great.