Official Game Day Thread: Ravens @ Packers 12/7: WIN 27 - 14

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have 3 big games coming up that will define our season. The 1st game is the against a GOOD Ravens team that is on fire right now. Their overtime win against the Steelers was big.

We need our hurt D to step up and stop the Ravens offense and let our QB take over and do the rest.

GO PACK GO!

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This will be an interesting game. Both need a W to keep themselves in the wildcard picture. Ray Rice vs. The Packs D will be the one match-up to look for to me. Flacco is definitely a solid QB, but Rice has been one of the Ravens key players.

I'm glad it's on ESPN so there will be lots of coverage of it leading up to the game that much more. Here's to hoping McCarthy sticks to the game plan he's been using these past three games. ST better step up their game so the defense are put in bad situations again. You'd think McCarthy would be working on that considering how bad our ST play has been recently.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This isn't a must-win game, playoff wise.

But confidence wise, it is.

So even though the Chicago game has much more implications towards the tie-breaker, but if we lose this game, I don't know if we'll be able to win the remaining games, and even if we do, if we'll be able to win the wildcard game.

So this is a primetime extremely important game.

As always, GO PACK GO!

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess I exaggerated, I just know the Pack can win if they focus. McCarthy has to really get on them this week, so we don't take anything for granted.

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Winter is settling in here now. It will be a cold Monday night game, so let's hope we focus on ball security and not give the Ravens any easy scores. Our time of possession has been a strong point this year. I'd like to see that continue.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems that the people on the ravens forums are giving the pack a lot of praise. Some of them are already giving us a win considering that we are a bigger threat than last week's steelers.

own3dhs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol im glad to hear the raven's fans are considering us a win. I think we can take the ravens because after all, they were barely able to beat the steelers last week and the steelers didnt have ben or troy

Bossfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The OL better protect Rodgers or the Pack is going to have another long night. I am really worried about this game. Rodgers could take a BIG beating...

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It sounds like the frozen tundra will be back as the game will fall in between two significant snowfalls here. Snow is forecast for tonight into most of Monday. It might be over by gametime but it will be windy and nasty, you can bet on that.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard somewhere in an article that even if it does Snow a lot, it won't stop McCarthy from calling the normal pass plays for Rodgers. I'm curious to see what will happen and if they stick to that.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah usually teams will run the ball in the snow but the Packers are quite different. I expect a lot of passing plays from them but then again Ahman Green has a lot of experience in this kind of weather so I look for him to take some carries in this game.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope Green gets some carries. He seems like one of the hardest workers on this team, he runs with force. If your in his way, he's just gonna lower his shoulders and bulldoze through you.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard somewhere in an article that even if it does Snow a lot, it won't stop McCarthy from calling the normal pass plays for Rodgers. I'm curious to see what will happen and if they stick to that.
I've heard that even in the snow McCarthy will "stick to the pass". That doesn't automatically translate to him calling the "normal" pass plays, but rather, in my understanding, of him calling for more quick slants and screens instead of a running play.

Take it like this, in the snow, teams usually run the ball 5-10 plays more. He'll run more, but on some of those runs he would sunstitute for the long pass, he'll call short passes, screens and slants.

GreenBayCracker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont really know where this game is going to go... Good old Ourteam could take the intangibles and run with the game easily, or we can be shut down by an obviously good defensive team. If Eddy Reed plays its a whole different ballgame.

thetrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it will be a tough game for both.the ravens need it more because the afc WC picture is more congested.i think the pack will get a WC regardless what happens tonight

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it will be a tough game for both.the ravens need it more because the afc WC picture is more congested.i think the pack will get a WC regardless what happens tonight

I wish I were as optimistic as you. Philadelphia is ahead of us and the Giants are breathing down our necks. I think we really need to win to get some breathing room.

thetrooper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i don't see Eagles and Giants both getting a WC.one will win the division though.cowboys are falling apart.so i think the packers will win a WC.they should win their next 4 games.even though one is againt the steelers.who knows what will happen tonight.maybe the packers will pull it out

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haha, Trent Dilfer said 2 general statements about the Pack. They are bad at blocking(obviously looking at all the sacks we've given up) and tackling. I don't really care about many analysts opinions, it was just funny he put those out there, so I'm assuming he's predicting the ravens to win.

Members online

Latest posts