Official 2022 week 1 pregame thread vs Vikings

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess the weather should be better inside the dome in Minnesota this week, helping the Packers offense.

You have to realize that out of the 10 players who played the most snaps on special teams during the preseason nine didn't end up making the roster. Therefore you shouldn't put too much stock into their performance in meaningless games.
Well ok. I hope there is improvement. I am sick and tired of ST losing games for the Packers.

D

Deleted member 6794

Agree but you still have the option of a checkdown, especially when there is room to run.

Once again, that's not the point of using play action in the first place.

Missed my point. Every pass play should be play action, freezing the LB's giving Cobb & TE better lanes on inside routes

Using play action on every single pass play isn't a recipe for success.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers elevated Micah Abernathy and Juwan Winfree from the practice squad for today's game at Minnesota.

It's interesting that they are entering the game with only two running backs.

D

Deleted member 6794

According to Ian Rapoport Bakhtiari, Jenkins and Lazard won't play vs. the Vikings today. Nijman will start at left tackle.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers don't expect Jenkins back by week 4 they should have either kept him on the PUP list or put him on injured reserve by now.
They probably figured he'd be ready sometime in the first month of the season. MY own personal expectations were by week 4 if everything went perfectly, more a week 6 return and we should still be pretty happy with that. as usual, fans thought he'd be playing week 1 and some are let down that he's not. You can't beat physiology. It was never going to happen week 1.

D

Deleted member 6794

They probably figured he'd be ready sometime in the first month of the season. MY own personal expectations were by week 4 if everything went perfectly, more a week 6 return and we should still be pretty happy with that. as usual, fans thought he'd be playing week 1 and some are let down that he's not. You can't beat physiology. It was never going to happen week 1.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not disappointed that Jenkins won't be able to play today. My point was that if he misses at least four weeks there was no reason to activate him in the first place.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I'm not disappointed that Jenkins won't be able to play today. My point was that if he misses at least four weeks there was no reason to activate him in the first place.
And so they are supposed to know now when he will be able to play. You are already playing Monday morning QB.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They probably wanted to start getting him ready with some activities besides rehab during that time and get some practice with the team so when he's ready, he's hitting the field ready. Not getting tossed to the fire or taking another week or 2 of team practices to get him field ready.

D

Deleted member 6794

And so they are supposed to know now when he will be able to play. You are already playing Monday morning QB.

I clearly stated that if the Packers didn't expect Jenkins back by week 4 before activating him it was a mistake.

If they were optimistic about his chances to return earlier but it doesn't work out that way there would have been no way for them knowing it.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers elevated Micah Abernathy and Juwan Winfree from the practice squad for today's game at Minnesota.

It's interesting that they are entering the game with only two running backs.
Based on that I am going to use Amari Rodgers as a salary saver in one of my fan duel line ups.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Bradshaw -- Holy triple decker sandwich ... push away from the buffet already. You're too old to be lugging all that weight around man.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bradshaw -- Holy triple decker sandwich ... push away from the buffet already. You're too old to be lugging all that weight around man.
I'm guessing he's on Prednisone (steroids) for a health-related issue.

You're right, though, he's gained a lot of weight since last season.

*** Edit *** He wrapped up radiation treatments (reason unknown) over the summer.

Last edited:

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
This going to be a good one.

I decided to be a naughty boy today and call out of work. ( For the record I havent called out in 7 months).
Dident want to miss the opener.

Members online

Latest posts