Official 2022 week 1 pregame thread vs Vikings

D

Deleted member 6794

Honestly, Lazard is actually the one I am worried the least about. I've never considered him a number one guy and always looked on him as depth. I didn't expect the rookie WRs to play a huge role to start the season, but from what I saw of Doubs in meaningless games, he seemed solid. Two veteran guys in Cobb and Walkins mixed with some rookies doesn't seem the end of the world. It's not optimal by any means and the core group of WRs doesn't give me a warm fuzzy to begin with. Out of that list of injuries though, Lazard being the only DNP doesn't seem concerning. GPG!

Lazard is one of the most talented receivers on a team lacking talent at the position. Therefore I'm worried if he ends up being inactive on Sunday.

I recognize that most of those guys aren’t in the team, but I also recognize that a STs unit needs to play together to make it all mesh. I haven’t seen any of these combinations so far this preseason work well at all.

I’m not guessing they’re just going to all step on the field as a new unit and be good. Maybe by week 4 or 5 but as far as I could tell they’re still very much a work in progress.

My point was that the special team units we will see starting on Sunday have hardly played together during the preseason. Therefore I suggest not putting too much stock into them struggling during meaningless games.

With that being said I agree that I don't expect them to develop into solid units in a heartbeat.

And yes, I was at last year's opener in Jacksonville against the Saints, and I'm still scratching my head.

Please stay away from George Strait Stadium as far as possible on Sunday ;)

D

Deleted member 6794

Here's Thursday's injury report. Nothing changed compared to Wednesday aside of Lewis getting a day off.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last time I was at George Strait Stadium, I tailgated with Jordy’s farther but Rodgers broke his collarbone.

I had a ticket to this game but I decided no too.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
hmmm....interesting..
Boy, ya know what? I have a feeling, deep in my bowels, that neither Jenkins or Bahk play on Sunday - I don't know why I have that feeling, perhaps because I had Mexican food for lunch and Italian food for dinner yesterday. It would be nice to see them both healthy and playing because this is going to be one of those "line of scrimmage" games. Packers are going to have to depend on their two back offense for the first two or three games in my opinion.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Boy, ya know what? I have a feeling, deep in my bowels, that neither Jenkins or Bahk play on Sunday - I don't know why I have that feeling, perhaps because I had Mexican food for lunch and Italian food for dinner yesterday. It would be nice to see them both healthy and playing because this is going to be one of those "line of scrimmage" games. Packers are going to have to depend on their two back offense for the first two or three games in my opinion.
I'm guessing it's because the Packers have a history of being conservative with injuries.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last time I was at George Strait Stadium, I tailgated with Jordy’s farther but Rodgers broke his collarbone.

Now Anthony Barr is on the Cowboy's PUP list, his career heading in a downward direction.

Rodgers coming off a second straight MVP season.

Karma baby.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Are we really going to just ignore the farther thing. I'm not trying to be the spelling police or anything. In fact nothing could be father from the truth.

OK I wont bring it up. :D :D :D :D :D

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Are we really going to just ignore the farther thing.
Yes because the rules
Spelling Mistakes and Typos:
If anyone here ever has an issue with how someone types, spells, or using the wrong word, for instance:

Receiving core and not receiving corp (we had to lay this out perfectly because some posters were confused)

Please do not point out the mistakes in the forum. Send that person a pm please. You're going to open up a whole mess that no one wants to deal with. Be respectful of the person and not embarrass them in front of their fellow Packer and NFL fans.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Both Lazard and Bakh didn't practice today. I don't have a great feeling about either of them playing.

Reaction score
Both Lazard and Bakh didn't practice today. I don't have a great feeling about either of them playing.
Everyone is so tight lipped recently about injury status, it's almost like there is a directive to not divulge anything. I don't really like MN knowing who they are lining up against also, so I agree I'd just not say anything.
The Staff could just be precautionary because both players have had limited participation recently. It might have been planned all along to integrate those 2 players gradually.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers have listed Lazard as doubtful for Sunday's game at Minnesota. Bakhtiari and Jenkins are questionable to play.

Reaction score
The Packers have listed Lazard as doubtful for Sunday's game at Minnesota. Bakhtiari and Jenkins are questionable to play.
Well I’ve got several questions for them and sounds like they are prepared. They are very Questionable. :cool:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I have absolutely zero expectations for this game. Absolutely nothing will surprise me or change how I feel about the Packers this season, including even if they get blown out.

Week one is weird.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watson is off of the injury list!! I'm getting really excited to see this offense in action Sunday afternoon. Watkins on one side, Watson/Doubs on the other with Cobb/Rodgers in the slot. Play-action all day to Jones or Dillon and this should be a fun day. I'm changing my prediction to Packers 37 - Vikes 20.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The reasoning behind using play action isn't to throw the ball to the running backs.
Missed my point. Every pass play should be play action, freezing the LB's giving Cobb & TE better lanes on inside routes. I fully expect our RB's to get respect when running which makes play action work.

Last edited:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Missed my point. Every pass play should be play action, freezing the LB's giving Cobb & TE better lanes on inside routes. I fully intend for our RB's to get respect when running which makes play action work.
The problem with running all play action when you are going to pass is that you are always blocking as if it is a run play and when the defenders don't buy it, and it is a pass; then they have a much easier time getting to the QB. The point of running play action only sometimes is to fool the pass rushers and linebackers. Which is why it usually works best on obvious running plays.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Missed my point. Every pass play should be play action, freezing the LB's giving Cobb & TE better lanes on inside routes. I fully expect our RB's to get respect when running which makes play action work.
Yeah that play action will be real convincing on 3rd&14. I get the point but you also take the RB out of go routes and limit them to wheel routes and checkdowns.

Reaction score
Sammy and Doubs is my belief as our 2 perimeter guys with Cobb underneath. Our TE and RB will get leaned on a bit more

I have a suspicion that one of Doubs or Watson will have a good day and be the talk of the town

I thought J'aire Alexander said the most amazing thing in an interview yesterday. This is NOT verbatim.
He told Doubs regarding playing tomorrow
Doubs, NOONE in this league will be any better than the battles you've had with me so far, so go out and perform like you did with me.

I love J'aire because even though he's got that cocky swagger, he backs it up with his God given, on-field performance. That guy is amazing at motivating others and its just in his DNA.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts