Nick Perry

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I stopped reading after your 2nd sentence. The issue doesn't only apply to this week when Shields and Randall were out. It was evident opening weekend. It has happened routinely happened on a regular basis in the past.

You cannot take this week's injury situation and apply it broadly across past games where it wasn't the case. You have no argument.
What else is also evident is you didn't realize our starting safety has missed games along with shields and I think everyone except may HaHa has missed a fair amount of time back there. You should have kept reading

jrock645

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What else is also evident is you didn't realize our starting safety has missed games along with shields and I think everyone except may HaHa has missed a fair amount of time back there. You should have kept reading

I don't live in Shouldville, sir.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't live in Shouldville, sir.
Maybe you should start? His argument did have basis, you just didn't know it. Who's fault is that?

We have been minus 2 of 4 starters in the defensive backfield pretty much all year, not just the last game. If you didn't know that, it's not because you don't live in Shouldville, it seems to don't watch the real games either?

jrock645

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe you should start? His argument did have basis, you just didn't know it. Who's fault is that?

We have been minus 2 of 4 starters in the defensive backfield pretty much all year, not just the last game. If you didn't know that, it's not because you don't live in Shouldville, it seems to don't watch the real games either?

There's that "should" word again...

Maybe you "should" go live there, since you like that word so much. I don't and won't engage in such chicanery.

Directions for getting to Shouldville, regardless of your beginning location, always involves "making a left." Back in the 90's, telling someone to "make a left" had a special meaning to it. I would encourage you to make many lefts on your way to Shouldville. I hope you enjoy your stay, full of meals of Russian sausage and communist activity.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perry is beastmode this year. I was telling folks don't sleep on him.

OP
OP
B

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am of the opinion Perry needs to be the best player approached about an extension. He is a key to our defense right now. He and Daniels are building block guys

jrock645

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good to see Perry turn the corner, so to speak. Hopefully he sustains this kinda play.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
He always "could" play [is there a couldville?] He just wasn't healthy on a consistent basis to practice and use what he was taught. This year he and Jones seem to be healthy and the light went on.

OP
OP
B

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is the injury history with Perry a little overblown? He 15 games in 2014 and 14 games in 2015 and hasnt missed a game yet this year. He obviously played through an injury last year but he still played. I am not saying it is a concern but he has played a lot of games the last couple years

The question I keep asking myself is what OLBs would want to start next year with and for me Perry is number one ahead of Clay.

jrock645

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is the injury history with Perry a little overblown? He 15 games in 2014 and 14 games in 2015 and hasnt missed a game yet this year. He obviously played through an injury last year but he still played. I am not saying it is a concern but he has played a lot of games the last couple years

The question I keep asking myself is what OLBs would want to start next year with and for me Perry is number one ahead of Clay.

Well, it's not simply about injuries. He missed a lot of time early, and obviously his development suffered. Didn't seem he was gonna amount to that much with as quiet as he was the first couple years or so. Maybe he's turned the corner, we'll see.

OP
OP
B

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, it's not simply about injuries. He missed a lot of time early, and obviously his development suffered. Didn't seem he was gonna amount to that much with as quiet as he was the first couple years or so. Maybe he's turned the corner, we'll see.

Considering his last 6 to 8 games I think it is safe to say he has turned a corner. Not sure why it would be viewed as anything but. It isn't like he is just getting good sack numbers which can be a fluke but he has been great against the run too. He is finally bought into being an olb and it shows.

I would get olb in a 3-4 is one of the hardest positions to learn if you didn't play a 3-4 in college. You are asked to do so much more than get sacks

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I stopped reading after your 2nd sentence. The issue doesn't only apply to this week when Shields and Randall were out. It was evident opening weekend. It has happened routinely happened on a regular basis in the past.

You cannot take this week's injury situation and apply it broadly across past games where it wasn't the case. You have no argument.

Good to know you commented on an incomplete reading. I should probably point out that Capers' defense was pretty good last season so that would count as "in the past" I would think. As would the year the Packer's defense lead them to their most recent Super Bowl. Or do we only consider "in the past" to be periods of time that support your argument?

OP
OP
B

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good to know you commented on an incomplete reading. I should probably point out that Capers' defense was pretty good last season so that would count as "in the past" I would think. As would the year the Packer's defense lead them to their most recent Super Bowl. Or do we only consider "in the past" to be periods of time that support your argument?

Fans vastly underrate what the defense did down the stretch last year when the offense was struggling. Obviously the Cardinals game ended poorly but the defense was our strong point much of the year

jrock645

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Considering his last 6 to 8 games I think it is safe to say he has turned a corner. Not sure why it would be viewed as anything but. It isn't like he is just getting good sack numbers which can be a fluke but he has been great against the run too. He is finally bought into being an olb and it shows.

I would get olb in a 3-4 is one of the hardest positions to learn if you didn't play a 3-4 in college. You are asked to do so much more than get sacks

Actually I think the sacks and improvement as a pass rusher is the impressive part. He's been solid against the run since the beginning, setting the edge was where he hung his hat. Developing into a viable pass rusher was the big jump to make. He seems to be doing that. Like I said, hope it's not just flash in the pan stuff.

jrock645

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The pass defense was terrible in 09, 11, 12 and 13.

Exactly what period of time supports your argument.

Oh wait, you don't have an argument. I remember that now.

Go away and keep my name out of your mouth. I'm not going to tell you again.

OP
OP
B

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually I think the sacks and improvement as a pass rusher is the impressive part. He's been solid against the run since the beginning, setting the edge was where he hung his hat. Developing into a viable pass rusher was the big jump to make. He seems to be doing that. Like I said, hope it's not just flash in the pan stuff.

I meant more just his isn't getting garbage time sacks to pad stats. He has been consistently getting pressure while like you said he always sets the edge so well. So I just don't see why he would regress again

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The pass defense was terrible in 09, 11, 12 and 13.

Exactly what period of time supports your argument.

Oh wait, you don't have an argument. I remember that now.

Go away and keep my name out of your mouth. I'm not going to tell you again.

Since I specifically pointed out two time periods in which the defense was good I will assume you didn't read this post either? And I can assure you that at no point have I placed a rendering of your name in my mouth. Unless I could make one out of cheesecake....then I would probably do so.

Latest posts