Nfl lockout over

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well that is good news I guess. Hopefully it will lead to more trades this thursday and give us all a better picture of rosters this year.

Thanks judge.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOVD_Xj5AEc]YouTube - ESPN Monday Night Football Intro[/ame]

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well ill be a monkeys uncle! Super fantastic the sun is shining, flowers are a blooming & football is just around the corner.

Skarecrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not to be the debbie downer but the owners will appeal and drag this out. I start celebrating once a new cba agreement is reached.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Will this allow free agents to sign or players to be traded?

I don't think so. If I understand it correctly Judge Nelson essentially found that the "decertification" is not a sham thus there is no union, thus the owners cannot treat the players collectively in any way: which means they cannot lawfully "lockout" the players.

GWheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think so. If I understand it correctly Judge Nelson essentially found that the "decertification" is not a sham thus there is no union, thus the owners cannot treat the players collectively in any way: which means they cannot lawfully "lockout" the players.
But since their not a union couldn't technically the owners fire or cut players since their is no CBA?

Ausnadian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But since their not a union couldn't technically the owners fire or cut players since their is no CBA?

Technically they could cut, however because there is nothing in place regarding trades and contracts for the 2011 season, they couldn't sign anyone or trade as of yet, if the appeal is thrown out, then the NFL will be forced by the law to have those working conditions established ASAP, which would then allow movement of players and contracts.

Ausnadian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best way to describe this is:

NFL Baby: Waah waa it's my toy

NFLPA Baby: Waah.. But we were playing together, I want it too, but if I can't play with it, I am going to disassemble it so you can't play with it either

NFL Baby: Then you can't play in my house anymore!

NFLPA Baby: *shouts* MMMmuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmm

NFLPA Mom: You *can* play in NFL Baby's house darling, run along now.

NFL Baby: Waa Waa Nooooo, I am going to my mom to appeal your mom's decision, and only if my mom can't overturn your mom, then you can play here again. Waa Waa

Skarecrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, since there is no player union, does that mean the owners don't even need to invite them when they figure out the cba? If they just figure out all the rules, salary cap, revenue sharing what not, and just hire the players as they want. I mean, what can the players do, they dont have a union anymore.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score

I think at this point it becomes an NLRB (National Labor Relations Board) issue, but I'm not certain how this all works.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score

NFLPA Baby: Waah.. But we were playing together, I want it too, but if I can't play with it, I am going to disassemble it so you can't play with it either

NFL Baby: Waa Waa Nooooo, I am going to my mom to appeal your mom's decision, and only if my mom can't overturn your mom, then you can play here again. Waa Waa
dead on

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
So, since there is no player union, does that mean the owners don't even need to invite them when they figure out the cba? If they just figure out all the rules, salary cap, revenue sharing what not, and just hire the players as they want. I mean, what can the players do, they don't have a union anymore.
The players still have contracts. The league wants a stay in the decision thus the appeal. The players want to work while their other lawsuits work their way through the courts. This same scenario existed back in the late 80's IIRC.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score

That sounds right to me, LOL!

I have a good feeling about this and I'm just going to roll with it!!! Let them appeal, they can appeal it all the way up to God if they want. This is a step in the right direction. My spider sense tells me a CBA agreement is coming soon!

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Will this allow free agents to sign or players to be traded?
Here's the rub. If the NFL does not challenge it they can trade and sign FA/Players, can trade players during the draft for draft picks. But, if they do that, they would blow their appeal. So what do they do? Is it to the teams benefits to wait until next week to appeal? Interesting legal aspect.

They could say that they were just going to work under the rules from last year and more than likely get away with it.

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do i get this feeling the NFL &/or the players union will do some really dumb things that end up tainting or diminshing footballs appeal?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
In all probability they will appeal. But can that appeal then be denied? How far can they take this as a legal process through appellate court? My question is, how long can they legally drag this out before they reach the end of their legal rope? The supreme court is the highest level, is this, we really don't want it to get that far. I'm thinking the judge is just going to keep ruling in favor of the players and the league is just going to keep appealing the judges verdict until they run out of appeals.... This could be the beginning of the end of the lockout or the beginning of a nightmare.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
according to a national writer that I spoke to tonight no one knows whats going on. No one. Not even the owners. The players agents are telling them to show up to work as soon as possible. I think players on twitter have said they are from the texts I have gotten from friends. The owners are filing their appeal in St Louis tomorrow due to what they feel is a favorable pro business court.

The writer also told me a story everyones favorite Packer, Brett Favre of course, and how after the SB (and rehab) he got done at 1am in 96 and decide to go to check out the party on Bourbon st. He came across this celebration gathered below a balcony. He looked up and saw Brett Favre, 2 beers in hand and 2 broads under his arms, leading the BEARS STILL SUCK chant. lol, thats priceless favre.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he also told me steve sabol isnt getting better and will be lucky to make it to the start of the season. :( and Dr. Z isnt getting any better. very sad.

Members online

Latest posts