My nightmare may become a reality

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With injuries to some guys there is a big chance that we could see a lot of Jarrett Bush and Brad Jones on the field together. Talk about scary! This defense is already marginal at best but if those two have to play a lot God help us all. I think with the way Shields went down he's probably going to be out a long time..Tramon will probably miss next game for sure and with our training staff we may not see him back until December. Lattimore worries me because we have horrible luck with neck injuries smh. I hope he's ok and I hope Barrington can take Brad Jones off the field I can't watch this guy play football. He's easily the worst starting ilb in the NFL if Lattimore can't go.

I anticipate Capers sliding Hyde over to the outside with House while Hayward stays in the slot. I'm ok with that because HaHa Richardson can hopefully steal a lot of pt from Burnett.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With injuries to some guys there is a big chance that we could see a lot of Jarrett Bush and Brad Jones on the field together. Talk about scary! This defense is already marginal at best but if those two have to play a lot God help us all. I think with the way Shields went down he's probably going to be out a long time..Tramon will probably miss next game for sure and with our training staff we may not see him back until December. Lattimore worries me because we have horrible luck with neck injuries smh. I hope he's ok and I hope Barrington can take Brad Jones off the field I can't watch this guy play football. He's easily the worst starting ilb in the NFL if Lattimore can't go.

I anticipate Capers sliding Hyde over to the outside with House while Hayward stays in the slot. I'm ok with that because HaHa Richardson can hopefully steal a lot of pt from Burnett.

I think, none of us to my knowledge having any medical expertise, that it's premature to say that Shields misses significant time. Though there were comparisons to Cruz's injury yesterday, it was apparent that Cruz's was more significant. Should get some MRI's done today and we'll see what they say.

I agree that if Lattimore misses time, Barrington should start. Or Bradford. Or trying Perry inside. Basically, anything that doesn't involve Brad Jones being on the field.

Last edited:
Reaction score
We've been fortunate so far overall injury wise. Let's pray that momentum carries into some expeditious healing for those guys mentioned above..,

Reaction score
I wonder if Davante could play LB? At least he wouldn't drop an INT or get D face mask penalty on 3rd down

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're pretty deep at CB, so as long as one of those guys can come back and play we can make it okay. ILB is tougher though. What's up with Barrington again?

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barrington has a hamstring injury I believe. Its been a while so he might be ok by now. I want Hubbard up on the roster if Lattimore can't go.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bush is a great special teams player but he is not an NFL caliber cornerback. He got picked on a couple of times by Tannehill yesterday and he was barely in the game. He had his one great moment in the Super Bowl with the INT, but I want that to be my last memory of his as a CB, not him getting shredded during the 2014 season.

Reaction score
I had a nightmare last night also involving The Pack.
In my dream Brad Jones was introduced as the starting QB and he ran out of the entryway and tackles a referee
I'm not sure what to make out of that?

Last edited:
OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think, none of us to my knowledge having any medical expertise, that it's premature to say that Shields misses significant time. Though there were comparisons to Cruz's injury yesterday, it was apparent that Cruz's was more significant. Should get some MRI's done today and we'll see what they say.

I had the same thing happen to me as Shields. I didn't get hit or land awkwardly or anything like that and ended up with a torn meniscus

What, you're switching teams and becoming a Vikings fan? :laugh:

I said nightmare not mid-life crisis haha

Last edited by a moderator:

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pitched this trade scenario (deadline is 10/28/14) on another forum...
Cleveland just lost their starting OC and another DE. We don't have an OC to trade but would Nick Perry (back at DE) for a Browns ILB (Christian Kirksey or Tank Carder) make sense? They're desperately short on DL's and I'm desperate to NOT see Brad Jones wiffing on tackles and/or making stupid penalties.

I love the potential of Hubbard in '15 but he's an OLB, wouldn't help in '14 as we've already got Perry, Neal, Elliot and Bradford backing-up CM3 and Peppers.

I'd rather see House, Hayward and Hyde at CB and Burnett, Ha Ha and Richardson at S than see Bush in on any dime packages ... Would also help (even a little) on run D with Richardson's size.

Reaction score
Bush is a great special teams player but he is not an NFL caliber cornerback. He got picked on a couple of times by Tannehill yesterday and he was barely in the game. He had his one great moment in the Super Bowl with the INT, but I want that to be my last memory of his as a CB, not him getting shredded during the 2014 season.
It's never good seeing a starter spin out of control but this is as an opportunity to check our depth chart and see who's hungry

D

Deleted member 6794

Pitched this trade scenario (deadline is 10/28/14) on another forum...
Cleveland just lost their starting OC and another DE. We don't have an OC to trade but would Nick Perry (back at DE) for a Browns ILB (Christian Kirksey or Tank Carder) make sense? They're desperately short on DL's and I'm desperate to NOT see Brad Jones wiffing on tackles and/or making stupid penalties.

First of all trades like that don´t happen often in the NFL. Nevertheless I don´t think that trade would make any sense for the Packers. While Perry has mostly been a disappointment considering he´s a first round pick Thompson would have to get way more in return than either Kirksey (who according to PFF is one of the worst ILBs in the league; sorry, I don´t like their grades but I don´t have time to watch every Browns game) or Carder, who is a special teams player only.

I don´t want to see Brad Jones on the field either, but if Lattimore can´t go I hope Barrington will be able to fill in for him. On a side note, I want Capers to come up with some packages to have Jones´ helmet on the field though, that thing seems to have a knack for the ball.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think your dreams could become a little sweeter. According to the news I've been reading none of the injuries to Shields, Williams or Lattimore aren't season ending and they haven't even been ruled out for this week's game.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think your dreams could become a little sweeter. According to the news I've been reading none of the injuries to Shields, Williams or Lattimore are season ending and they haven't even been ruled out for this week's game.

I hope they all play but I doubt it...

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Burnett is one of the leagues leading tacklers. I'm not a huge fan either but he really has not played horribly and in fact, has been very good in spots.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Burnett is one of the leagues leading tacklers. I'm not a huge fan either but he really has not played horribly and in fact, has been very good in spots.

Having a safety making a lot of tackles tells me a lot about our front and lbs.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Having a safety making a lot of tackles tells me a lot about our front and lbs.
I know that's usually the case and maybe plays a role here...but...take a look at the game replays...he's been pretty good so far tackling and making plays.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not too concerned with House or Hayward- I think they'll do fine. But if either of them goes down, depth becomes a major issue at the position.
There doesn't seem to be any way to keep Brad Jones off the field, does there?

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm not too concerned with House or Hayward- I think they'll do fine. But if either of them goes down, depth becomes a major issue at the position.
There doesn't seem to be any way to keep Brad Jones off the field, does there?

Lattimore is listed as questionable, so there's a chance he'll be able to play. At corner, if Tramon can't play, I wouldn't be surprised if Hyde will line up as the second outside corner with Hayward staying in the slot and Clinton-Dix starting at safety.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lattimore is listed as questionable, so there's a chance he'll be able to play. At corner, if Tramon can't play, I wouldn't be surprised if Hyde will line up as the second outside corner with Hayward staying in the slot and Clinton-Dix starting at safety.

The versatility of the guys in the secondary is a major strength that not many teams have.

Members online

Latest posts