1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

My nightmare may become a reality

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by rodell330, Oct 13, 2014.

1. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,297
    With injuries to some guys there is a big chance that we could see a lot of Jarrett Bush and Brad Jones on the field together. Talk about scary! This defense is already marginal at best but if those two have to play a lot God help us all. I think with the way Shields went down he's probably going to be out a long time..Tramon will probably miss next game for sure and with our training staff we may not see him back until December. Lattimore worries me because we have horrible luck with neck injuries smh. I hope he's ok and I hope Barrington can take Brad Jones off the field I can't watch this guy play football. He's easily the worst starting ilb in the NFL if Lattimore can't go.

I anticipate Capers sliding Hyde over to the outside with House while Hayward stays in the slot. I'm ok with that because HaHa Richardson can hopefully steal a lot of pt from Burnett.

2. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,175
    I think, none of us to my knowledge having any medical expertise, that it's premature to say that Shields misses significant time. Though there were comparisons to Cruz's injury yesterday, it was apparent that Cruz's was more significant. Should get some MRI's done today and we'll see what they say.

I agree that if Lattimore misses time, Barrington should start. Or Bradford. Or trying Perry inside. Basically, anything that doesn't involve Brad Jones being on the field.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 6
  3. Twiddlemylobes

Twiddlemylobes Fat Tuesday Orleans

Ratings:
    +522
    We've been fortunate so far overall injury wise. Let's pray that momentum carries into some expeditious healing for those guys mentioned above..,

• Like Like x 1
  4. Twiddlemylobes

Ratings:
    +522
    I wonder if Davante could play LB? At least he wouldn't drop an INT or get D face mask penalty on 3rd down

5. 60six

60six DIE HARD

Ratings:
    +65

lol.......Adams the WR??

6. Einstein McFly

Einstein McFly Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +267
    We're pretty deep at CB, so as long as one of those guys can come back and play we can make it okay. ILB is tougher though. What's up with Barrington again?

7. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +4,176
    He's Hawk's backup.

8. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,075
    Barrington has a hamstring injury I believe. Its been a while so he might be ok by now. I want Hubbard up on the roster if Lattimore can't go.

9. red4tribe

red4tribe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +437
    Bush is a great special teams player but he is not an NFL caliber cornerback. He got picked on a couple of times by Tannehill yesterday and he was barely in the game. He had his one great moment in the Super Bowl with the INT, but I want that to be my last memory of his as a CB, not him getting shredded during the 2014 season.

10. Twiddlemylobes

Ratings:
    +522
    Abso lutely. I'm getting desperate here

11. Twiddlemylobes

Ratings:
    +522
    I had a nightmare last night also involving The Pack.
    In my dream Brad Jones was introduced as the starting QB and he ran out of the entryway and tackles a referee
    I'm not sure what to make out of that?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  12. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +1,005
    What, you're switching teams and becoming a Vikings fan? :laugh:

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,297

I had the same thing happen to me as Shields. I didn't get hit or land awkwardly or anything like that and ended up with a torn meniscus

I said nightmare not mid-life crisis haha

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2014
  14. Pkrjones

Pkrjones Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +328
    Pitched this trade scenario (deadline is 10/28/14) on another forum...
    Cleveland just lost their starting OC and another DE. We don't have an OC to trade but would Nick Perry (back at DE) for a Browns ILB (Christian Kirksey or Tank Carder) make sense? They're desperately short on DL's and I'm desperate to NOT see Brad Jones wiffing on tackles and/or making stupid penalties.

I love the potential of Hubbard in '15 but he's an OLB, wouldn't help in '14 as we've already got Perry, Neal, Elliot and Bradford backing-up CM3 and Peppers.

I'd rather see House, Hayward and Hyde at CB and Burnett, Ha Ha and Richardson at S than see Bush in on any dime packages ... Would also help (even a little) on run D with Richardson's size.

15. Twiddlemylobes

Ratings:
    +522
    Id love to see Bradford and Elliott getting some reps in

16. Twiddlemylobes

Ratings:
    +522
    It's never good seeing a starter spin out of control but this is as an opportunity to check our depth chart and see who's hungry

17. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,658
    First of all trades like that don´t happen often in the NFL. Nevertheless I don´t think that trade would make any sense for the Packers. While Perry has mostly been a disappointment considering he´s a first round pick Thompson would have to get way more in return than either Kirksey (who according to PFF is one of the worst ILBs in the league; sorry, I don´t like their grades but I don´t have time to watch every Browns game) or Carder, who is a special teams player only.

I don´t want to see Brad Jones on the field either, but if Lattimore can´t go I hope Barrington will be able to fill in for him. On a side note, I want Capers to come up with some packages to have Jones´ helmet on the field though, that thing seems to have a knack for the ball.

18. Packerlifer

Packerlifer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +518

I think your dreams could become a little sweeter. According to the news I've been reading none of the injuries to Shields, Williams or Lattimore aren't season ending and they haven't even been ruled out for this week's game.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  19. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,297
    I hope they all play but I doubt it...

20. NOMOFO

NOMOFO Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +394
    Burnett is one of the leagues leading tacklers. I'm not a huge fan either but he really has not played horribly and in fact, has been very good in spots.

21. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,297
    Having a safety making a lot of tackles tells me a lot about our front and lbs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. NOMOFO

NOMOFO Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +394
    I know that's usually the case and maybe plays a role here...but...take a look at the game replays...he's been pretty good so far tackling and making plays.

23. PackerDNA

PackerDNA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +942
    I'm not too concerned with House or Hayward- I think they'll do fine. But if either of them goes down, depth becomes a major issue at the position.
    There doesn't seem to be any way to keep Brad Jones off the field, does there?

24. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,658
    Lattimore is listed as questionable, so there's a chance he'll be able to play. At corner, if Tramon can't play, I wouldn't be surprised if Hyde will line up as the second outside corner with Hayward staying in the slot and Clinton-Dix starting at safety.

25. PackerDNA

PackerDNA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +942

The versatility of the guys in the secondary is a major strength that not many teams have.

• Agree Agree x 1