My nightmare may become a reality

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carolina has one of the worst WR groups in the league. Bush isnt as bad as people make him out to be 6 or 7 years ago is what it seems people think he still plays at

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carolina has one of the worst WR groups in the league. Bush isnt as bad as people make him out to be 6 or 7 years ago is what it seems people think he still plays at

Haha yes he is, and the fact that they would rather take the starting safety in Hyde and move him to corner and go with a rook at safety shows you how much confidence the coaches do not have in the vet.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haha yes he is, and the fact that they would rather take the starting safety in Hyde and move him to corner and go with a rook at safety shows you how much confidence the coaches do not have in the vet.

counter argument would be look how they paid him and keep him yr after yr

Over the past 4 years what games did you have an issue with his performance? I know you cant say the SB...

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
counter argument would be look how they paid him and keep him yr after yr

Over the past 4 years what games did you have an issue with his performance? I know you cant say the SB...

They are paying him because he is an awesome special teams player and a good teammate. I love him on special teams, he's great. Our best player. But he is a terrible cornerback. Fortunately I can't say I've had much of an issue with him the past few years because the staff seems to have realized he shouldn't be on the field as a defensive back unless they are really depleted.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are paying him because he is an awesome special teams player and a good teammate. I love him on special teams, he's great. Our best player. But he is a terrible cornerback. Fortunately I can't say I've had much of an issue with him the past few years because the staff seems to have realized he shouldn't be on the field as a defensive back unless they are really depleted.

Seem to do fine in the SB

D

Deleted member 6794

He played for at least the entire 2nd half right?

He got an int in the SB or wasn't it an int?

He played 32 of 68 snaps in Super Bowl XLV and got an interception. Other than that Roethlisberger completed all other five passes thrown his way, one of them for a TD.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
He played 32 of 68 snaps in Super Bowl XLV and got an interception. Other than that Roethlisberger completed all other five passes thrown his way, one of them for a TD.

You really need to start using links to show these things..

Thanks

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Bush was that good he would be seeing a lot more snaps... Not injury related snaps. It's not by accident a lot if cbs get drafted to come to Green Bay.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

6 or 7 years ago Bush was our regular nickel. I highly doubt he is playing at a higher level now than what he is then. Defensively, anyway.

Bush is what he is. A good ST gunner and sure tackler who is a liability in coverage as a corner. He has value. Just not in coverage.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
6 or 7 years ago Bush was our regular nickel. I highly doubt he is playing at a higher level now than what he is then. Defensively, anyway.

Bush is what he is. A good ST gunner and sure tackler who is a liability in coverage as a corner. He has value. Just not in coverage.

in 2013 in 129 snaps he finished with a 2.8 pass coverage grade per PFF.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's understood that he is not a very good cornerback. What he IS is a beast on special teams and a great locker room guy. He is the kind of guy that you need on a championship team and I for one gave up on hating him a few years ago. Not every player on the team is going to be a stud but he is a stud on special teams and that can't be argued. I know ST is often overlooked (I am guilty of it sometimes) but having a salty veteran presence on that unit helps this team in ways that will never show up in the box score. I could possibly entertain the argument of his value if his being active were holding back some young stud from playing but it's not. Dude just shows up and brings his A game on ST and has a good enough understanding of the D to fill in for a few plays if need be. Trust me, I don't want to see JB lining up with another teams wideouts but as I will continue to argue he does bring a fair amount to the table and more than justifies his roster spot week in week out. You can't please everyone JB, just keep doing your thing.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
It was in response to your comment...

I know??? Not sure why your confused

In post #36, you didnt say it..So I made a comment on it..

Then you said it...But it losses it luster if you dont say it like you normally do

Members online

Latest posts