• Melvin Gordon

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Aaron Rodgers

Votes: 12 70.6%

• Total voters

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers 6 TDs in a half or Gordons record 408 yards in 3 quarters?

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Other people at the same level have done what Rodgers did. Nobody has done what Gordon did.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Entire teams don't rush for 408 yds in a game, let alone a single player. But it is college, not the NFL so it's an apples and oranges comparison.

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Had Wisconsin played Iowa State he would've put up 500 yards, I mean ISU did allow Oklahoma to put up 760 total yards.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Gordo set a record for his level. Rodgers tied a record but again he basically played only half a game and some change. I go with Gordon.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Entire teams don't rush for 408 yds in a game, let alone a single player. But it is college, not the NFL so it's an apples and oranges comparison.

Certainly. But tell that to the thread starter - all we can do is answer the question that was asked. :)

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I have to say Aaron Rodgers as I did not see the Badger game as I was watching the Bama game. But I seen the highlights on ESPN that Melvin Gordon looked beast though. Looks like someone that could complement Lacy if TT picks him.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to say Aaron Rodgers as I did not see the Badger game as I was watching the Bama game. But I seen the highlights on ESPN that Melvin Gordon looked beast though. Looks like someone that could complement Lacy if TT picks him.

Will be gone before the last pick in the 1st round

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
IMO it’s Gordon. Consider how long college football has been around. Consider how many great RBs and great teams have played college football. In all that time and even with all the all-time fantastic RBs that have played college football, no one has done what Melvin Gordon did. And he gained those 408 yards on 25 carries. In three quarters.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a Packers/Pro football forum.
So why is a college player being brought up here?
This should be under the "College Football" part of the forum.

And I dunno what it is about it but college football makes it look a hell of a lot easier.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Melvin Gordon. The guy set the all-time record and blew away LaDanian Tomlinson's record. LT did it against UTEP and needed 43 rushing attempts. Gordon did it against a very good Cornhusker defense in only 25 attempts. That's 16.3 yards vs 9.4 yards.

I'm not taking anything away from Rodgers as I respect what he did immensely. However, in comparison he beat up on a the Chicago Cubs - not a top defense.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
BTW, the Badgers now have several all-time records: Gordon with the single game rushing mark, Ron Dayne with the career rushing mark (6,397 yards), and Montee Ball with the career rushing TDs mark (77) and career TDs (83). Gordon is also on pace to have the highest yards per carry record. All a tribute to Barry Alvarez IMO.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO it’s Gordon. Consider how long college football has been around. Consider how many great RBs and great teams have played college football. In all that time and even with all the all-time fantastic RBs that have played college football, no one has done what Melvin Gordon did. And he gained those 408 yards on 25 carries. In three quarters.

It took LT what 40 carries to set the record at 405 yards against UTEP? Consider that talent comparison.

Latest posts