Minnesota's Jekyl Can't Hyde

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
3 weeks in a row, they score all those points in the FIRST HALF and then blow it in the second half.

They have scored 54 total points in the first half this season

And only 6 points in the second half.

They had San Diego beat, and let them come back
They had Tampa Bay beat, and let them come back
Then they had the 2-0 Super Detroit Lions down by 20, and let them come alllll the way back and actually pull out a come from behind win.

They do so good in the first half and then blow it in the second half.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
It really is hilarious. The biggest stat to me is their yardage numbers in the 2nd half. It is mind-bogglingly bad.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
They play so good in the first half, then blow it in the second half.

Hey everybody, do you ever remember the LIONS coming back from 20 to 0 to actually win????? I always remember them falling short, or almost winning.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
The Lions do appear semi-legit though. They've played two of the bottom 5 or 6 teams in the league but have looked very impressive at certain points in each game. The win at a good Tampa team is a solid one as well. The thing that scares me about them is their tight ends: Scheffler and Pettigrew. We have struggled against tight ends in our first few games.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
No doubt Detroit means business this year.

I'm worried to death about them, and they are young, they are only going to keep getting better and their not a washed up fantasy football roster like the Redskins are.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting thing about that game, Frazier had 4th and 1 and elected to go for it with Ryan Longwell on the bench waiting to kick a FG. Then they ran the ball off guard and got stuffed. They were up by 3 at the time. LOL Looks like another CHILLY situation at the helm for the Stinkings.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Interesting thing about that game, Frazier had 4th and 1 and elected to go for it with Ryan Longwell on the bench waiting to kick a FG. Then they ran the ball off guard and got stuffed. They were up by 3 at the time. LOL Looks like another CHILLY situation at the helm for the Stinkings.

The dumb part about the 4th down call was that they gave it to Gerhart when the have the best RB in the NFL in the backfield. I agreed with the call because Minnesota needed a touchdown and they were having all kinds of trouble with Detroit's offense.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
What I don't understand is how well they run the ball in the first half, then second half they want to throw, throw throw and they should have learned their lesson YEARS ago that washed up quarterbacks in the twilight of their careers are not the right answer if you want to pass the ball. Sure they had some good ones over time (Moon, Cunnigham, Favre) but they never lasted more than 2 years.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
What I don't understand is how well they run the ball in the first half, then second half they want to throw, throw throw and they should have learned their lesson YEARS ago that washed up quarterbacks in the twilight of their careers are not the right answer if you want to pass the ball. Sure they had some good ones over time (Moon, Cunnigham, Favre) but they never lasted more than 2 years.

I don't think McNabb is the problem for them though. Playcalling and offensive line play are much bigger issues.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love to see the Vikings suffer, but I wanted them to win today because the Lions are our competition this year, not the Grape Apes.
The Vikings have blown 13, 17, and now 20-point leads, to lose all 3 games. It's amazing. Imagine that. Ouch.

If you are a Vikings fan, your head has to be spinning when you realize that in the three losses suffered by the Vikings to the Chargers, the Bucs and the Lions, they have outscored the opposition 54-7 in the first half and then have been outscored 64-6 in the second half. The Vikings still have not scored a second-half touchdown.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I love to see the Vikings suffer, but I wanted them to win today because the Lions are our competition this year, not the Grape Apes.
The Vikings have blown 13, 17, and now 20-point leads, to lose all 3 games. It's amazing. Imagine that. Ouch.

If you are a Vikings fan, your head has to be spinning when you realize that in the three losses suffered by the Vikings to the Chargers, the Bucs and the Lions, they have outscored the opposition 54-7 in the first half and then have been outscored 64-6 in the second half. The Vikings still have not scored a second-half touchdown.
Which really sucks. I have to blame the coaches. How and the can you come out and claim, not that they have, that the other teams are making halftime adjustments that are that significant? I don't get it. I think Frazier does not have the put the foot on the throat and step on it when he has the other team down mentality. You have to play like you are 6 points behind every time you get the ball. And the call on 4-1, what the hell? You fake to Gerhart and give it to Peterson who could have jumped over the whole damn pile.

I have to admit, the game wasn't on down here so I did not get to see it. Had it been, my son would have learned some new words. My time at Sea World getting splashed by a killer whale was better spent.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE.
Especially considering the last 2 were at HOME where the fake noise is piped in and it's louder than crap.

Two different teams?
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
Which really sucks. I have to blame the coaches. How and the can you come out and claim, not that they have, that the other teams are making halftime adjustments that are that significant? I don't get it. I think Frazier does not have the put the foot on the throat and step on it when he has the other team down mentality. You have to play like you are 6 points behind every time you get the ball. And the call on 4-1, what the hell? You fake to Gerhart and give it to Peterson who could have jumped over the whole damn pile.

I have to admit, the game wasn't on down here so I did not get to see it. Had it been, my son would have learned some new words. My time at Sea World getting splashed by a killer whale was better spent.
Raptor, you seem like such an intelligent individual. I wish we could lure you over to the good side. ;)

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE.
Especially considering the last 2 were at HOME where the fake noise is piped in and it's louder than crap.

Two different teams?
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

That picture just made my night, it should be made into a wallpaper and pasted all over one of their forums.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That picture just made my night, it should be made into a wallpaper and pasted all over one of their forums.

Hey, keep us posted with links to wherever, if you do that.
Most of my best friends are from up there, Viking fans, and they care so much I can't rib them.
But the rest of them DESERVE it!!!

Members online

Latest posts