Minnesota Football Team?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Don't you worry sir, it was noted

Now Mr Dantes, are we gonnae have an issue here like. better awa n bile yer heid afore I send big Tony ower tae gie ye a skelp.
ken fit a mean?

Why don't you go eat some oatmeal made with blood or something.

I had to look up "skelp." Good to know.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i like the way you just type random letters. it takes my focus off of the posts that i do understand. :roflmao:
Would you like a translation?
Why don't you go eat some oatmeal made with blood or something.

I had to look up "skelp." Good to know.
I do like a bit of black pudding, or blood pudding as I think most here would call it, but gives me horrendous heartburn in my old age

and every days a learning day

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I DID say I understood the Redskin controversy, I just cannot see where the Viking logo was offensive. I even read recently that up until the 1960s, Australian Aboriginies came under the flora and fauna act of Australia, tecnically classing them as animals ! , now THAT is disgusting.
The Minnesota Maori's...I think we got a winner.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn`t this political correctness gone mad ? I get the fury about the "Redskins" debacle, even though I couldn`t for the life of me understand quite how it was offensive but, the Viking logo ? How can that be remotely offensive to anybody ? Seriously stupid.
I'm going to take a wild shot in the dark here and guess that I'm probably the most liberal member of this board, and this politically correct "woke" crap makes me want to vomit too. This ridiculous obsession with launching a full-scale crusade against anything and everything that shows the least little sign that it might somehow be an injustice to someone, somewhere, in some halfassed way is enough to make me tear my hair out. We don't have enough things in our society that are worth fighting about as it is?

I can understand something like "Redskins", I can probably understand racial stereotypes like Chief Wahoo and Chief Knock-a-homa or whatever, I can maybe understand the "tomahawk chop" (even if I don't agree with those last two), but this Viking thing is ridiculous. It's just going out of your way to find reasons to start a fight. Hell, I'm still mad about "cancelling" the North Dakota Fighting Sioux. What's next, we boycott Notre Dame because they're discriminating against the Irish? Enough already, leave this **** alone and stick to things that actually matter.

God damn, it's hard to be a liberal sometimes, when you can't stand 90% of the people whose side you're supposedly on. What ever happened to the common sense in this country?

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean, I'm in an interracial marriage myself, and we live in the South. Believe me, I'm not exactly insensitive to racial issues, or naive about them. There's a good reason my wife told me she wanted a small pistol for her birthday a couple of years ago, and why I carry when we're out in public, and it ain't because we're paranoid. I do get it.

But when you choose hills like this to die on, all you do is **** people off who might otherwise be interested in hearing some of the other things you have to say, and make it easy for people who are in the middle of the road to dismiss you out of hand. More than ever before, this is a time in our country to be looking for common ground, things we can all agree on - not more reasons to fling bananas at one another.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to take a wild shot in the dark here and guess that I'm probably the most liberal member of this board, and this politically correct "woke" crap makes me want to vomit too. This ridiculous obsession with launching a full-scale crusade against anything and everything that shows the least little sign that it might somehow be an injustice to someone, somewhere, in some halfassed way is enough to make me tear my hair out. We don't have enough things in our society that are worth fighting about as it is?

I can understand something like "Redskins", I can probably understand racial stereotypes like Chief Wahoo and Chief Knock-a-homa or whatever, I can maybe understand the "tomahawk chop" (even if I don't agree with those last two), but this Viking thing is ridiculous. It's just going out of your way to find reasons to start a fight. Hell, I'm still mad about "cancelling" the North Dakota Fighting Sioux. What's next, we boycott Notre Dame because they're discriminating against the Irish? Enough already, leave this **** alone and stick to things that actually matter.

God damn, it's hard to be a liberal sometimes, when you can't stand 90% of the people whose side you're supposedly on. What ever happened to the common sense in this country?
If people actually knew where these names came from and that there were Native players people could appreciate the history. But then I’m sure they would argue about the exploitation and such. So yeah, anything in the past is marred by association to racism, nationalism, etc.

Last edited:

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If people actually knew where these names came from and that there were Native players people could appreciate the history. But then I’m sure they would argue about the exploitation and such. So yeah, anything in the past is marred by association to racism, nationalism, etc.

And don't even get me started on "cultural appropriation," cuz I'll be permabanned in 5 minutes. If Bob Marley can wear a flannel shirt, I can wear friggin' dreadlocks, mon.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
No one has satisfactorily explained the difference between "cultural appropriation" and appreciating and adopting other cultures in a multi-ethnic society.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

Brother… if this woke stuff makes you sick and you conceal carry, let me tell you, you are not the most liberal member of this forum.

But I hope your bride gets her pistol and never has to use it!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
There's a good reason my wife told me she wanted a small pistol for her birthday a couple of years ago, and why I carry when we're out in public, and it ain't because we're paranoid.
I do hope you make the effort to take the safety courses and get to the range a few times a year to practice. The people you need the weapon for aren't going to wait for her to google "how to load my pistol."

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Geez you'd think in the politically correct capital of the world this would have been fixed by now.

FWIW I hate this stuff. How many people are really, really offended? These are mascots, not political statements. It's silly, IMO.
Slightly different subject but relevant here. Some years ago, the city I live in in the UK, which has a BIG asian community decided to do away with Christmas celebration, and call it Winter festival because it might offend the Muslims etc. People in the city were furious, including the Muslim/Asian community. It seems some middleclass white people in office decided to take offence on THIER behalf as it MIGHT offend them.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Don't you worry sir, it was noted

Now Mr Dantes, are we gonnae have an issue here like. better awa n bile yer heid afore I send big Tony ower tae gie ye a skelp.
ken fit a mean?
I say old chap, are you slightly upset ? :D

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
No one has satisfactorily explained the difference between "cultural appropriation" and appreciating and adopting other cultures in a multi-ethnic society.

The difference is in whether or not you are liked by the one commenting on it.

That might not be satisfactory, but that's what it is. It's purposefully vague so that it can be used as a club when desired, but ignored when convenient.

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean, I'm in an interracial marriage myself, and we live in the South. Believe me, I'm not exactly insensitive to racial issues, or naive about them.
i am also in an interracial marriage. but i live in probably the most liberal state in the u.s. - california. i don't even bother to vote any more because you always know who's going to win before the election. but my wife and i have been to wisconsin a few times to visit family and i was keenly aware of people staring and giving dirty looks. not from my family, mind you. there's been other interracial relationships in my family. but just being out in public together.

still, i don't think i'd ever buy a gun though. i don't have anything against private gun ownership. i believe firmly in the right to do so. it just isn't for me.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find it amazing that we have people believing that owning weapons, and carrying them every where is just fine, but driving a car requires vehicle licensing, driver's licensing, and insurance. We should be applying those three mandates on those that own guns, you'd think. If we did, we might be able to keep a fairly substantial number of illegally owned guns off the street, or at least be able to identify who shouldn't have them.

I'm one of the people out here who has used a weapon to defend his country, and worked in law enforcement. Whether or not anyone does, or doesn't agree with me doesn't matter. It's just my own perspective.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find it amazing that we have people believing that owning weapons, and carrying them every where is just fine, but driving a car requires vehicle licensing, driver's licensing, and insurance. We should be applying those three mandates on those that own guns, you'd think. If we did, we might be able to keep a fairly substantial number of illegally owned guns off the street, or at least be able to identify who shouldn't have them.

I'm one of the people out here who has used a weapon to defend his country, and worked in law enforcement. Whether or not anyone does, or doesn't agree with me doesn't matter. It's just my own perspective.
Illegally being the key word. One can require a license for the gun, a license for the owner, and whatever the insurance aspect would be, but why would the bad guys bother, if they don't now? And, for that matter, the reason I carry uninsured motorists insurance is...

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Illegally being the key word. One can require a license for the gun, a license for the owner, and whatever the insurance aspect would be, but why would the bad guys bother, if they don't now? And, for that matter, the reason I carry uninsured motorists insurance is...
Licenses mean carrying picture documentation that shows you've followed the laws on ownership, just like you would with a car. Those who violate the law would be dealt with under the law. Of course there would be violators. There are with cars. In some areas, enormous numbers of them. You just keep making arrests, and doing what you need to do.

Habiltual violators with guns would be just like habitual violators of DUI laws. Throw them in jail and let them rot for a while. Make it hurt enough, and you will reduce the number of morons with guns.

Yes. I would require an unlicensed gun ownership protection policy as well, just like vehicles. If you want to play, you gotta pay.

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course there would be violators. There are with cars. In some areas, enormous numbers of them.
ain't that the truth? about 23 years ago, my wife was driving our son to middle school, and was stopped by the crossing guard to turn left into the school parking lot. an uninsured motorist plowed into her from behind. our son was uninjured, but because my wife was turned in her seat to watch for an opening to move, the left side of her spine and the surrounding soft tissue were traumatized. while she had a relatively quick recovery, it wasn't a full recovery, and she continues to experience pain. there was a small settlement from our insurance company because we had uninsured motorist insurance. but believe me when i tell you that it wasn't enough to compensate our financial losses or her pain.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You sure are cranky today. Lol Just playing.
I've been working in downtown Milwaukee for over 30 yrs and never did I feel this unsafe and have been concealing for 5 yrs now. Been around guns all my life and never did I imagine i'd be concealing. first thing in the morning I put my gun in my desk and it's all business from there until I get off and have to conceal again when I walk to my car. Speaking of which it's almost time to conceal and go home. Hah.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You sure are cranky today. Lol Just playing.
I've been working in downtown Milwaukee for over 30 yrs and never did I feel this unsafe and have been concealing for 5 yrs now. Been around guns all my life and never did I imagine i'd be concealing. first thing in the morning I put my gun in my desk and it's all business from there until I get off and have to conceal again when I walk to my car. Speaking of which it's almost time to conceal and go home. Hah.
Sorry about that! I didn't want to sound cranky. It's just that I am bothered by the fact that people need to feel they have to carry fire arms to protect themselves. We shouldn't be living in a society like that. So much has gone by the wayside, and it's unsettling for everyone.

The insurance issue bothers me too. Those of us who carry insurance pay a higher premium because of those who don't have it. When they're caught, they slap their wrist, and we keep right on paying the price. Until they make it hurt those who violate these laws, they're nothing.

Then there's the issue on the police. As an ex-cop, I wonder what the hell is wrong with some of them. At the same time, I wonder what's wrong with people. No respect from either side of the issue dealing with law enforcement. There was a time we showed respect, and were shown respect. It's what people were.

Sorry again about sounding cranky. Didn't intend it to sound that way. Kind of ranting here.

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brother… if this woke stuff makes you sick and you conceal carry, let me tell you, you are not the most liberal member of this forum.

But I hope your bride gets her pistol and never has to use it!

Well, I'm a Harry Truman liberal, not a Nancy Pelosi liberal, if that helps. Most of my beliefs tend strongly liberal (by American standards, anyway) largely because on most issues, the more liberal policies tend to be the most beneficial to society in the long run. History shows, over and over again, that everyone does better in a society where everyone is doing better. By European standards, I'm pretty middle of the road or outright conservative (my ex was half German and half Russian, lived most of her life in Germany).

And yeah, I got her the Ruger LCP II a couple of years ago, and she's quite proficient. She's disabled, and when she's home she keeps it on her desk along with her pepper spray, which I encourage her to reach for first. She's never out in public without me going along to help her with her wheelchair and whatever, so in most situations I'm there to handle whatever needs to be dealt with. But I do worry about her when she's home alone. She's very attractive, and gets a lot of discomforting looks when she's outside. We really need to get the hell out of here when we can get her healthy enough to handle the move.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts