Minnesota Football Team?

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
‘Indian’ is a term used in Canada but also the term Native and Métis. Métis are halfbreeds of French and Indian decent and Natives is more of a general term including all Indians, Inuit, Métis or any other mixed descendants.
can't say halfbreeds. It was a derogative term used against Native Americans. Cher needs to drop it from all her concert tours.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

‘Indian’ is a term used in Canada but also the term Native and Métis. Métis are halfbreeds of French and Indian decent and Natives is more of a general term including all Indians, Inuit, Métis or any other mixed descendants.

I also heard the term first Nation when I was there. Much more respectful I thought.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In reference to the Minnesota Vikings, if they ever have a renaming contest, I intend putting in a plug for Minnesota Cream Puffs! They could use a modified picture of the Pillsbury Doughboy for their helmets, and have a mascot the team could relate to.

I

Isn`t this political correctness gone mad ? I get the fury about the "Redskins" debacle, even though I couldn`t for the life of me understand quite how it was offensive but, the Viking logo ? How can that be remotely offensive to anybody ? Seriously stupid.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought the biggest crybaby generation was the one where they threatened a young black girl with death for going to an all white school?
LOL
That would be the hardest working and wealthiest generation and did more for this country than you could ever imagine.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it weren't for the Norse I wouldn't exist...therefore, I say the name Vikings stays.
Skål!

I'm not Norwegian, but I have been known to tip quite a few with a bunch of them. Kind of like brothers from another mother, in Northwestern Wisconsin.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did more for this country, but also turned a blind eye to what they knew was wrong. We have to face our faults, and right them.
Yup. And that is where the civil rights movement opened many eyes to help MLK’s push for equality. Speaking of which its MLK day tomorrow. Sadly many have used/using this movement for their own political gains. Cue the PC movement to change these names like the “Vikings” to something they think is more appropriate.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, maybe each generation has some hits and some misses?
Of course. With that said this country is falling apart. Highest crime rate, public schools in disarray, defunct politicians, store looting, etc etc.

I

Isn`t this political correctness gone mad ? I get the fury about the "Redskins" debacle, even though I couldn`t for the life of me understand quite how it was offensive but, the Viking logo ? How can that be remotely offensive to anybody ? Seriously stupid.

If it weren't for the Norse I wouldn't exist...therefore, I say the name Vikings stays.
That argument alone makes me change my mind. Damn those Norsemen.

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course. With that said this country is falling apart. Highest crime rate, public schools in disarray, defunct politicians, store looting, etc etc.
all of those things have been true for decades, and in fact some of them (like crime rates) were much worse in the past. in the long term, violent crime in the us has been in decline since colonial times. the homicide rate has been estimated to be over 30 per 100,000 people in 1700, dropping to under 20 by 1800, and to under 10 by 1900.

after ww2, crime rates increased in the us, peaking from the 1970s to the early-1990s. violent crime nearly quadrupled between 1960 and its peak in 1991. property crime more than doubled over the same period. since the 1990s, however, contrary to common misconception, crime in the us has declined steadily, and has significantly declined by the late 1990s and also in the early 2000s.

after 1994, crime rates began to fall. this trend lasted until 2015, when crime rates began to rise slightly. this reversed again in 2018 and 2019, but violent crime increased significantly again in 2020. despite the increase in violent crime between 2020 and 2021, the quantity of overall crime is still far below the peak of crime seen in the us during the late 1980s and early 1990s, as other crimes such as property crime and robbery continued to decline.

the more recent decline of public education i blame a lot on the obama administration. many of their programs and objectives succeeded in catering towards the lowest common denominator (if an idiot can't figure it out, don't teach it). the only refuge is private education.

we've always had corrupt politicians, and if you think looting is bad today, you should look back to the 1960s and 1970s. the economically disadvantaged have always used riots and protests as an opportunity to pillage.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Métis loosely translates to Halfbreed which is what Cher and I am.
Being French/Canadian on one side of my family, there's probably some Native blood in my family. Our known history goes back nearly 400 years in Canada. My wife is 1/16th Native American. So, we would probably be called Métis as well, if we allow for all North American Natives to be one family, which I believe is what Munch is saying.

I

Métis loosely translates to Halfbreed which is what Cher and I am.
Can I ask what nation ? When I visited Canada I visited a fantastic museum in Ottowa and met Mohican natives and visited St Marie among the Huron and were taken around by a fantastic lady who was native Huron. Beautiful country.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all of those things have been true for decades, and in fact some of them (like crime rates) were much worse in the past. in the long term, violent crime in the us has been in decline since colonial times. the homicide rate has been estimated to be over 30 per 100,000 people in 1700, dropping to under 20 by 1800, and to under 10 by 1900.

after ww2, crime rates increased in the us, peaking from the 1970s to the early-1990s. violent crime nearly quadrupled between 1960 and its peak in 1991. property crime more than doubled over the same period. since the 1990s, however, contrary to common misconception, crime in the us has declined steadily, and has significantly declined by the late 1990s and also in the early 2000s.

after 1994, crime rates began to fall. this trend lasted until 2015, when crime rates began to rise slightly. this reversed again in 2018 and 2019, but violent crime increased significantly again in 2020. despite the increase in violent crime between 2020 and 2021, the quantity of overall crime is still far below the peak of crime seen in the us during the late 1980s and early 1990s, as other crimes such as property crime and robbery continued to decline.

the more recent decline of public education i blame a lot on the obama administration. many of their programs and objectives succeeded in catering towards the lowest common denominator (if an idiot can't figure it out, don't teach it). the only refuge is private education.

we've always had corrupt politicians, and if you think looting is bad today, you should look back to the 1960s and 1970s. the economically disadvantaged have always used riots and protests as an opportunity to pillage.
Crime in terms of murder rates at record highs for many cities. Granted overall crime has steadily decreased since the 80s. I still don't feel safe as I did growing up in the 70s and 80s. Ironically.
The new term for shoplifting is "looting." If you know what I mean.
Corruption is very synonymous with politicians throughout history but today they are more inept which is even scarier when you have corruption along side a politician kowtowing to every demand just to appease the, as you said, the lowest common denominator.

We have come to this juncture to meed demands to appease so many groups which has led to now allowing men to compete in sports with women participates. Where does it end?

Soon a certain color will be deemed offensive and teams will have to change their jersey colors. If people think that is absurd and laugh just look at this topic and were we are today.

Munch

NFL Owner
Reaction score
That would be the hardest working and wealthiest generation and did more for this country than you could ever imagine.
Oppression is tiring work I hear you. It’s really hard to keep your boot down on people while you are getting rich off of it. The only thing they did was slow the progression of humanity.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can I ask what nation ? When I visited Canada I visited a fantastic museum in Ottowa and met Mohican natives and visited St Marie among the Huron and were taken around by a fantastic lady who was native Huron. Beautiful country.
Was the museum in Ottawa the Canadian Museum of History (formerly called the Museum of Civilization)?

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oppression is tiring work I hear you. It’s really hard to keep your boot down on people while you are getting rich off of it. The only thing they did was slow the progression of humanity.
Lets all be humble and not enjoy the anything that has been established by that generation because it was all due in part of oppression. Lets not be hypocritical about idealizing a movement then still enjoy the riches of someone's else's wicked labor. You lead.

Also, when they pass down the greatest wealth transfer in history, I hope this humble and tree hugging generation that sure love equality, hugging, and rainbows and unicorn, equal pay, free college, etc donates all their inheritances to a cause of their liking.

Munch

NFL Owner
Reaction score
Lets all be humble and not enjoy the anything that has been established by that generation because it was all due in part of oppression. Lets not be hypocritical about idealizing a movement then still enjoy the riches of someone's else's wicked labor. You lead.

Also, when they pass down the greatest wealth transfer in history, I hope this humble and tree hugging generation that sure love equality, hugging, and rainbows and unicorn, equal pay, free college, etc donates all their inheritances to a cause of their liking.
I’m trying to figure out what is wrong with the things you stated above? You seem to hate the environment, equality, hugs, equal pay, free college and rainbows and unicorns .
Why?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts