Mike McCarthy Has Lost This Team

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I follow along perfectly and that the last thing I have to say about that.

On a completely unrelated note I am completely against the Govt bailout of General Motors I will never have anything to do with them again. You'll never see me in one of their vehicles for as long as I live. Now Excuse me while I go take the emblems off my truck so I can still drive to work. I'm making a stand and a statement LOL

ShockwaveRider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do some people get a little over entitled or post sillyness without thinking sometimes? I can say (myself included) yes that does happen sometimes in the heat of a game. Do I think the Packers should have 5 superbowls under Rodgers? No, I don't think that's realistic and there's plenty of years I could forgive MM for not getting there. But as has been stated, when you have a surefire Hall of Fame QB on your roster, I think you can do better than 1 superbowl win for his career, and probably better than 2 superbowls for having two back-to-back HOF QBs in the last 25 years. And at some points these last few years, let's not kid ourselves this team did look very done and like MM's best years were fading, and even some articles across ESPN and SI were starting to call on him to get more done.

Yep, here's the thing.

As a child of hardcore Packer fans who grew up in the 1960s, I was blessed with being able to actually watch, live, on black-and-white teevee, the 1965, 1966 and 1967 NFL Championships, and, of course, the first two Super Bowls.

I think I probably watched the 1961 and 1962 Championship games too, sitting on my father's lap (2-3 years old). So I sure don't consider myself "entitled" nor a "bandwagon jumper" or anything like that.

But if you had told me back in 1967 that the future would hold not one, but two additional NFL HOF Packer QBs, I sure as heck would have guessed the Packers would have won more than two more championships in my lifetime.

I don't see anything wrong with "expecting to win". And personally I do think the Packers could use fresh coaching leadership on both sides of the ball. The Packers fundamentals such as "tackling" even appear to be lacking.

Green and gold in my veins, bred in the bone Green Bay Packer fan.

Shockwave