Mike McCarthy Has Lost This Team

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ridiculous! Ridiculous allowing this dumpster fire scrub team to come into Lambeau Field and outplay us. And outcoached by the stupidest man in Cincinnati to boot. What is this? I don't want to hear about no injury excuses out there, this team is flat out playing flat and at the lowest level I ever seen in the McCarthy era. I don't want to hear about no run the table at the point of playoff elimination, how bout we run the table right now and the whole season.

I'm sorry, I've backed Mike McCarthy all through the years, but he's gotten stale on steroids. Start getting this team up to play or get tossed and promote Edgar Bennett to head coach and throw out Capers as well. Time to breathe some fresh air into title town.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm willing to bet the chat boards of all three teams were pretty much interchangeable this week also. The Steelers fans don't get to say "phew, escaped with one."
To a degree, probably. There is a difference between packer and Steelers fans. For whatever reason, a larger chunk of Packer fans have difficulty with perspective. A bunch of whiney entitled complainers who not only expect to win every game but every play. And if we don't pick up at least 10 yards per play on offense or get a TFL on defense, then something is wrong and changes need to be made.

I recall being in a sports bar and hearing Steeler fans in another room cheering all game. Figure they were up big, nope. They lost by 3 scores. But they still appreciated the good plays when they occurred.

Some Packer fans seem to love to hate the Pack.

If you really want to understand football, follow the Lions. I think you are probably a little younger than who survived the 70s as Packer fans. Every year hoping we can get above 500 was the goal. Follow another team or teams and you will come to realize the Packers problems are really small compared to others. You may also realize that other teams are drawing from the same talent pool, usually have dibs on players, and are comprised of very good professionals who want to win just as much as we do.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It shows a complete lack of understanding and appreciation for what it takes to compete in the league. They cheapen everything about the game with almost every ill-informed comment they make.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean he did call a flea flicker today which was pretty awesome to see. You need to remember there is no offensive line, he can't call many different plays when guys named Kyle Murphy and McCray are protecting the franchise. Aaron Rodgers couldn't use his hard count until the end of the game because they are too inexperienced. Have a beer. Enjoy the win. And move on to Chicago. This team always starts slow then AR runs house in December. The coach can't help the lack of player depth and injuries. Though he could pull some strings and hire me as a part of a new athletic training staff.

My only comment is why didn't they design more plays for Rodgers to roll out? He was getting killed back there.

Ok. I have a few comments. Looks like the team showed up in the 2nd half. Good to see them settle down and get things done.

I was amused by what Rodgers said in his press conference regarding Booing. He said, "I would have booed too".:)

A win is a win. Glad to see that they can actually win in OT. Wasn't sure they could.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My only comment is why didn't they design more plays for Rodgers to roll out? He was getting killed back there.

Ok. I have a few comments. Looks like the team showed up in the 2nd half. Good to see them settle down and get things done.

I was amused by what Rodgers said in his press conference regarding Booing. He said, "I would have booed too".:)

A win is a win. Glad to see that they can actually win in OT. Wasn't sure they could.
Rodgers has always been diplomatic and mature beyond his years.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I recall being in a sports bar and hearing Steeler fans in another room cheering all game. Figure they were up big, nope. They lost by 3 scores. But they still appreciated the good plays when they occurred.

Thanks for the reminder. I have to admit that I get very frustrated at times and have to turn the channel for a second or two. Usually when that happens I miss something good.:rolleyes:

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Calm down....Calm down....

On the bright side - Our rooks on D are getting reps and coming along. The team could use a vet back up OT. Lets pray for health.
Maybe we could trade for Alejandro Villenueve since Mike Tomlin seems to be upset at him. He has a spot on my team any day.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe we could trade for Alejandro Villenueve since Mike Tomlin seems to be upset at him. He has a spot on my team any day.
You quit watching, so how would you know any of this? Stand up for what you believe in. Quit being a coward

Reaction score
Was that the game they fell behind 14-0 to the Geno Smith led Jets? I remember that game.
I remember. It was the home opener and the crowd was silent. Jordy scored on a double TE set GO route for like a 60+ yard TD. Davante was super green but he showed real athletic promise with several first down conversions strung together. The Jets had a player ejected after a brawl.. and we all gave him a standing ovation as he left the field! :laugh:

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To a degree, probably. There is a difference between packer and Steelers fans. For whatever reason, a larger chunk of Packer fans have difficulty with perspective. A bunch of whiney entitled complainers who not only expect to win every game but every play. And if we don't pick up at least 10 yards per play on offense or get a TFL on defense, then something is wrong and changes need to be made.

Some Packer fans seem to love to hate the Pack.

If you really want to understand football, follow the Lions. I think you are probably a little younger than who survived the 70s as Packer fans. Every year hoping we can get above 500 was the goal. Follow another team or teams and you will come to realize the Packers problems are really small compared to others. You may also realize that other teams are drawing from the same talent pool, usually have dibs on players, and are comprised of very good professionals who want to win just as much as we do.

Do some people get a little over entitled or post sillyness without thinking sometimes? I can say (myself included) yes that does happen sometimes in the heat of a game. Do I think the Packers should have 5 superbowls under Rodgers? No, I don't think that's realistic and there's plenty of years I could forgive MM for not getting there. But as has been stated, when you have a surefire Hall of Fame QB on your roster, I think you can do better than 1 superbowl win for his career, and probably better than 2 superbowls for having two back-to-back HOF QBs in the last 25 years. And at some points these last few years, let's not kid ourselves this team did look very done and like MM's best years were fading, and even some articles across ESPN and SI were starting to call on him to get more done.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What the hell are you talking about? Quit being an idiot.
you know exactly what I'm talking about. Now go. you hate the NFL, you're done with it. You don't have the guts to actually make a stand for what you "believe" in so you just watch online LOL. I'm trying to help you actually make a stand. Now turn off your TV, leave all things NFL related and go be a good little patriot. Later

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Attitudes and opinions discussed in the Asylum stay in the Asylum discussions. I really don't want to have to referee them here. [/mod mode]

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Attitudes and opinions discussed in the Asylum stay in the Asylum discussions. I really don't want to have to referee them here. [/mod mode]
Do you have to have some type of special status to get into the Asylum? Tried to go there this weekend and it wouldn’t let me in. Banned before I keystroked my first word? :)

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Do some people get a little over entitled or post sillyness without thinking sometimes? I can say (myself included) yes that does happen sometimes in the heat of a game. Do I think the Packers should have 5 superbowls under Rodgers? No, I don't think that's realistic and there's plenty of years I could forgive MM for not getting there. But as has been stated, when you have a surefire Hall of Fame QB on your roster, I think you can do better than 1 superbowl win for his career, and probably better than 2 superbowls for having two back-to-back HOF QBs in the last 25 years. And at some points these last few years, let's not kid ourselves this team did look very done and like MM's best years were fading, and even some articles across ESPN and SI were starting to call on him to get more done.
Honestly, the heat of the game just about every week exposes all types of ludicrous statements. I think that some people refuse to accept the fact that there are 32 teams all filled with professional football players and our guys are not going to win every play, quarter, half or game. A little bit of reality goes a long ways in understanding this game and league.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I may belong there, but I have never been to the asylum

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you have to have some type of special status to get into the Asylum? Tried to go there this weekend and it wouldn’t let me in. Banned before I keystroked my first word? :)
It's a sign from the Universe, better take heed :)

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
This shows up on the browser version of the board. I didn't see it on mobile.
Do you want to participate in adult conversation not suited for anywhere else in the forum? This is the forum to do it in. However, you have to join the "Adult Talker" user group in order to get access to this forum. Before posting in this forum, PLEASE read the posting policy inside this forum. Get Access to This Forum
The link should be to your personal profile which is where you make the changes.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I may belong there, but I have never been to the asylum
Sorry. Since we've moved most discussion of the anthem to that area because of its political nature, I assumed that your comments were a spillover from there. It is of a divisive nature prone to more emotional language. The Asylum is loosely moderated and a better spot to air opinions in.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I went to check it out, but it said I didn't have sufficient privileges to post there, and I was like, everyone says I belong in an asylum, what do you mean i don't have privileges?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I went to check it out, but it said I didn't have sufficient privileges to post there, and I was like, everyone says I belong in an asylum, what do you mean i don't have privileges?
My system says you haven't yet joined the correct "in" group. Follow the link a few posts up.
You have to join the "Adult Talker" user group which is under user groups in your profile.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
This shows up on the browser version of the board. I didn't see it on mobile. The link should be to your personal profile which is where you make the changes.
Thank you Poppa San. I don’t think I’ve ever accessed the forum from a computer. I’ll have to do that.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you Poppa San. I don’t think I’ve ever accessed the forum from a computer. I’ll have to do that.
Quite a few things show up in the browser version that aren't in the mobile version. My tablet shows both versions depending on the screen position. Portrait is mobile and landscape is browser.

NJPackfan..

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, but I blame injuries mostly.......Daniels....Perry.....Bulaga.....Bakhitari.....Cobb to name a few. I also noticed a few instances of miss communications. Blown coverages in the secondary.....Blocking assignments by the O line. I recall one play where two lineman blocked one DT and the DE walked in scott free. Growing pains of young players ? I think most were happy with the play in the Seattle game before the flood of injuries.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts