Mike McCarthy Has Lost This Team

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ridiculous! Ridiculous allowing this dumpster fire scrub team to come into Lambeau Field and outplay us. And outcoached by the stupidest man in Cincinnati to boot. What is this? I don't want to hear about no injury excuses out there, this team is flat out playing flat and at the lowest level I ever seen in the McCarthy era. I don't want to hear about no run the table at the point of playoff elimination, how bout we run the table right now and the whole season.

I'm sorry, I've backed Mike McCarthy all through the years, but he's gotten stale on steroids. Start getting this team up to play or get tossed and promote Edgar Bennett to head coach and throw out Capers as well. Time to breathe some fresh air into title town.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It took OT to beat one of the worst teams in the league.
What is exactly your point? The broncos got beat by Buffalo, the Steelers got beat by the Bears, the undefeated Panthers got beat by the winless Saints, Atlanta almost lost to Detroit, it took a miracle for the patriots to beat the Texans today. Have you not watch football before? Even the best teams don't win every game and they certainly don't blow out the opponent in every game.

Jesus people need to learn to relax

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They got the W. That said, unacceptable. To barely scrape by that gongshow is unacceptable.

I can only hope this will be similar to that comeback game against the Jets 3 years ago that shook us out of apathy.

Ok, I admit between my bashing of Tony Romo (who I still think is a terrible commentator), and my calling out the coaches and players and stuff, I did get a little worked up.

The good news, we can at least take a little something confident into this short week and hopefully beat the bears who upset the Steelers.

But I still think this team has gotta take its game up a notch to be in contention for a high-seed playoff spot.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh s**t you're right. even though we won a game and have a winning record we should definitely FIRE THE COACH.

It's all good now, but when you've seen recent bad teams get handed wins in Lambeau Field like the 2015 Lions or 2016 Colts, you can understand why tempers were getting high today during this game.

Just like that thread about going for 2. When you've seen the other teams go down the field after winning the coin toss like the Seahawks and Cardinals, your first thought is "not this **** again." My other reason is because Del Rio pulled it off in his inaugural game as the Raiders head coach and it worked.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I mean he did call a flea flicker today which was pretty awesome to see. You need to remember there is no offensive line, he can't call many different plays when guys named Kyle Murphy and McCray are protecting the franchise. Aaron Rodgers couldn't use his hard count until the end of the game because they are too inexperienced. Have a beer. Enjoy the win. And move on to Chicago. This team always starts slow then AR runs house in December. The coach can't help the lack of player depth and injuries. Though he could pull some strings and hire me as a part of a new athletic training staff.

King of Jeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the flea flicker was f*****g awesome, can't remember the last time I saw them do that. if ever. Monty almost aired it clear over rodgers though which was funny.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean he did call a flea flicker today which was pretty awesome to see. You need to remember there is no offensive line, he can't call many different plays when guys named Kyle Murphy and McCray are protecting the franchise. Aaron Rodgers couldn't use his hard count until the end of the game because they are too inexperienced. Have a beer. Enjoy the win. And move on to Chicago. This team always starts slow then AR runs house in December. The coach can't help the lack of player depth and injuries. Though he could pull some strings and hire me as a part of a new athletic training staff.

I did get a little too rash and worked up when I started this thread and ... I'll take a little flack for that.

On a more calm note though, I'd like to see that start before December though so that we can get a first round bye and get Atlanta ... or whoever at home come NFCCG.

I owe a bit of an apology to Capers too. His D did finally make stops to prevent TDs and give the O a chance in OT. But ... sure hope starting next game we start making statement games the way we know how.

Last edited:

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously everyone here is disappointed that we haven't gotten a second title with MM and Rodgers, but the guy is a very successful head coach. Out of every coach in NFL history, he's FOURTEENTH in win percentage. Hall of fame quarterback or not, you don't get to that mark without some head coaching ability.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Calm down....Calm down....

On the bright side - Our rooks on D are getting reps and coming along. The team could use a vet back up OT. Lets pray for health.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously everyone here is disappointed that we haven't gotten a second title with MM and Rodgers, but the guy is a very successful head coach. Out of every coach in NFL history, he's FOURTEENTH in win percentage. Hall of fame quarterback or not, you don't get to that mark without some head coaching ability.

The worry was that those years had run their course and the team was on a downslide. Obviously ... we still got a lot to find out about this team this year and no telling what might be coming up against more AFC teams and the NFC South like those Jekyll Hyde Saints and Bucs. But ... hopefully today was the wakeup game. I think we got more talent than 10-6 so let's do better this season. Good news about today is maybe MM showed he does still have it.

Sometimes too I forget he lost his brother which I know even 3 years later can still be tough on a guy.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
What is exactly your point? The broncos got beat by Buffalo, the Steelers got beat by the Bears, the undefeated Panthers got beat by the winless Saints, Atlanta almost lost to Detroit, it took a miracle for the patriots to beat the Texans today. Have you not watch football before? Even the best teams don't win every game and they certainly don't blow out the opponent in every game.

I find this last statement extremely amusing. I spent the entire game lurking in the shoutbox. What a complete and total meltdown from the opening kickoff all the way into the 4th quarter. If I were a fan of a division opponent, I’d drop in just for amusement and drop a few troll bombs on days like today.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can only hope this will be similar to that comeback game against the Jets 3 years ago that shook us out of apathy.

Ok, I admit between my bashing of Tony Romo (who I still think is a terrible commentator), and my calling out the coaches and players and stuff, I did get a little worked up.

The good news, we can at least take a little something confident into this short week and hopefully beat the bears who upset the Steelers.

But I still think this team has gotta take its game up a notch to be in contention for a high-seed playoff spot.

Was that the game they fell behind 14-0 to the Geno Smith led Jets? I remember that game.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It's like some people have never been through a season before. The league is so crazy with its parity stuff that there are always tons of teams who were horrible the year before who are good now and visa versa. The only real exceptions for the last number of years have been the pats, steelers and Packers. WE DON'T KNOW WHO STINKS AND WHO DOESN'T YET PEOPLE. Get a grip.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Bottom line: The line that separates the best teams from the worst is very thin. I think the biggest difference this time was having a new OC which nobody was familiar with.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's like some people have never been through a season before. The league is so crazy with its parity stuff that there are always tons of teams who were horrible the year before who are good now and visa versa. The only real exceptions for the last number of years have been the pats, steelers and Packers. WE DON'T KNOW WHO STINKS AND WHO DOESN'T YET PEOPLE. Get a grip.

Well, the New York Giants and LA Chargers might beg to differ on that.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's like March Madness now.... play the regular season, get in the tourney, and hope you get hot at the right time. Let's face it, there's Bill Belechiks team, and then there's everyone else hoping to knock him off. We are one of a handful of teams that actually has a chance to do that.