Mccarthy has he lost his team?

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy came down on jolly from what the word is and jolly stated "its not like it cost us the game" Sounds like the team maybe haveing some internal problems. Mccarthy got pissed at Jolly's remark as a bonehead play so who knows. I would think Murphy, Thompson and Mccarthy will be in some trouble if the Pack is left out of the playoffs again. To go from 13-3 with favre and then 6-10 without so this year is crucial. Packer fans are passionate about their team and they will not let this ride out. I expect changes to be made if the Pack does not get in.

DoubleC4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i would really hope there are changes if we arent in the playoffs. if we arent even in the wild card hunt then i really hope tt and mm are gone. if we get into the playoffs though with some miracle wild card birth then i cant see them goin and probably here for another couple years.

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He was stoned 'rightious on 'Purple Drank.....

(Come to think of it...so am I!)

Don't bogart tha' bottle, Jolly...we're "Packer People".

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya I can understand Jenkins frustration, he talked out of line after the game was over. Johnny Jolly does the biggest bone head thing during the game, sits out 2 plays and goes back in. After the game defends himself and said that will happen again because thats the way he plays.

Yes, I would say what Little control MM had on the team has been lost.

A bold move would be to firer MM and put Kevin Green in as temporary head coach, now that would be exciting.

OP
OP
S

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Troy Aikman said that Aaron Rodgers got most of the blame for the 8 sacks during the first game. It kinda of sounded like MM threw Rodgers under the bus on 6 of those sacks. That just sounds like that should be kept inhouse with the team. McCarthy said that 6 of those sacks were not coached sacks or something like that. Penaltys show an undisclipine team and that has to fall on the coaches in my book.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Concussion Greene as head coach? Don't know if I agree with that. Winston Moss was a HC candidate last year. That would be a bold move...but too bold right now. Only senile Al Davis would can a HC that has a winning record and a chance at the playoffs.

I know that was a joke, but Winston Moss would be a bold move or even Edgar Bennett. If you look at what happened last season and what is occurring this year little has changed, except player discipline is getting worse. We have beaten the NFL's worst and Chicago was not ready on opening day.

A good shake up of the Packers with a coach who can take control of the team will lead us farther than MM will this year. As a Packer fan I look at the remaining games and want to believe we are a wild card team, but being in denial does not change the facts. If had to bet my life savings we will go no better than 8-8 this year with MM running the show.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope they dont fire him I love hearing "we are going to clean this up (house)" every week when there are a ton of penalties and blown coverages.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really think this week will be very telling as to how much the players are buying into what the coaches are preaching. They should win this game handily they are talented all around but if they come out flat against them then the writing is on the wall.

Just listening to all the comments after the game from the players they were all absolutely crushed by the defeat from the Vikings.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure what I'm about to type has to do with this thread. I'll let the rest of you decide. The day #4 signed with MN I was at the morning practice (8.18.09, I have pictures) & several players & assistant coaches were wearing purple #4s. Not actual jerseys but the pull-over style like the red ones the QBs wear in practice to prevent them from being hit.

Were MM & others allowing a certain arrogance to resonate through the locker room & onto the practice field? I thought at the time it was kind of cool, like they were anticipating the opportunity to put some hits on #4. Now it just seems like the indignant attitude was directed toward a player, from the top of the organization on down, who maybe still deserved some respect.

I'm sure some of the older players were a little uncomfortable with that atmosphere & now it's the 800-lb. gorilla in the locker room that must be addressed.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure what I'm about to type has to do with this thread. I'll let the rest of you decide. The day #4 signed with MN I was at the morning practice (8.18.09, I have pictures) & several players & assistant coaches were wearing purple #4s. Not actual jerseys but the pull-over style like the red ones the QBs wear in practice to prevent them from being hit.

Were MM & others allowing a certain arrogance to resonate through the locker room & onto the practice field? I thought at the time it was kind of cool, like they were anticipating the opportunity to put some hits on #4. Now it just seems like the indignant attitude was directed toward a player, from the top of the organization on down, who maybe still deserved some respect.

I'm sure some of the older players were a little uncomfortable with that atmosphere & now it's the 800-lb. gorilla in the locker room that must be addressed.
You have photos of that? Please show'em!

I think it's like this: if it was a request from the players (which I doubt), then I find it nothing more than a motivational factor.

If it was a direct approach from the coaches, however, it's really worrisome. The organization and the management should be above all this. Their intent should be to win the SB, and not to win from a past player, despite who that is or what he's done. The Green Bay Packers is not a mean to execute revenge (unlike another club in the vicinity). And if it that was the case, and they still lost to him twice, well, that doesn't bode well for them. I mean, Lovie came to the bears saying that his #1 motive was to beat us, but he actually did it, and that propelled them to one SB. Had he not done it, their morale would be crushed.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Definitely would like to see those pics.

So the Packer people put #4 things on? Definitely arrogant and underestimated a guy they had been around for a very long time.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
8.18.09 morning practice with purple #4s

Definitely would like to see those pics.

So the Packer people put #4 things on? Definitely arrogant and underestimated a guy they had been around for a very long time.

Jordy Nelson is the player wearing the purple #4 in these photos, the asst. coach I'm not sure who that is.

How the heck can I put images in a post if they're not published on the web somewhere? If I try to insert a photo it asks for the web address. I tried to add them to this post but it's just showing them as attachments. I guess you'll have to trust me & download them for yourselves. Sorry.

I put them on my facebook page but I wouldn't want to bore you with that.

Attachments

• 08.18.09 Packers practice 001.jpg
    08.18.09 Packers practice 001.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 85
  • 08.18.09 Packers practice 006.jpg
    08.18.09 Packers practice 006.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 107
  • 08.18.09 Packers practice 007.jpg
    08.18.09 Packers practice 007.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 121
  • 08.18.09 Packers practice 008.jpg
    08.18.09 Packers practice 008.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 114
  • 08.12.09 Lambeau 001.jpg
    08.12.09 Lambeau 001.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 106
OP
OP
S

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordy Nelson is the player wearing the purple #4 in these photos, the asst. coach I'm not sure who that is.

How the heck can I put images in a post if they're not published on the web somewhere? If I try to insert a photo it asks for the web address. I tried to add them to this post but it's just showing them as attachments. I guess you'll have to trust me & download them for yourselves. Sorry.

I put them on my facebook page but I wouldn't want to bore you with that.
Nice! That is also quite funny. Way to man up and bring the questioned photo's forward as there seem to be some non-believers amongst us:shock:

Pack_Attack_Is_Back

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Dumb and Dumber thing is excellent. Personally, I don't think anything described the Packers management much more accurately. There needs to be some serious changes made. I'm sick of hearing from McCarthy how serious he is on fundamentals, and yet the same stupid mistakes are made. Change is in the air and it should be directed at MM and TT.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There won't be any change before the season ends, IF THAT MUCH...

I'm willing to bet my lunch on that ;)

My concept on the subject is pretty clear:

Don't make the playoffs: Both go.

Make the playoffs but don't pass the first round: MM needs to go. Maybe TT.

Make the playoffs, show improvement, and win at least the first round, only losing to a really though team (except Minnesota): Both stay.

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There won't be any change before the season ends, IF THAT MUCH...

I'm willing to bet my lunch on that ;)

My concept on the subject is pretty clear:

Don't make the playoffs: Both go.

Make the playoffs but don't pass the first round: MM needs to go. Maybe TT.

Make the playoffs, show improvement, and win at least the first round, only losing to a really though team (except Minnesota): Both stay.

i agree with your statment ... if we dont make playoffs they bolth need to go ... however i doubt Murphy really wants to fire bolth or even one ,,, they are friends we cant forget ... as of right now i really dont see us in the playoffs ... i think we will win tommrow ,, maybee 1 or 2 more wins the rest of the season but thats all i can really see us winning ... lets be real here ,, the rest of our season will be tough .. aside from detroit and tampa bay i think we may be able to sweep the bears ... thats all i believe we got ... i may be wrong but this team hasnt shown much ... IMO

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts