Mason Crosby in trouble?

Reaction score
Come on everyone. We ALL know the real reason Mason missed and who is the person that should be blamed. JOE "POS" BUCK. "Crosby has made 9 in a row bet there's no friggin way he will miss this kick der der" *misses*

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
EASILY! Im not kidding, as soon as those words came out I yelled dammit. And sure enough, snap, miss. Just like that. Wife goes, "its almost like he said that on purpose." Yup

Maybe it wasn't Joe Buck, but you yelling "Dammit" that made him miss! Damn YOU!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mason is 24th in the NFL in FG percentage and 28th in PAT percentage.

I just think people's expectations haven't caught up to how good modern NFL kickers are compared to the 90s and prior. Elite kickers on average hit about 9 out of 10 FGs. Average, just acceptable kickers hit about 6 out of 7. Kickers who hit 4 out of 5, where Mason is at for his career, are usually the ones on the streets fielding calls if a kicker gets hurt.

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mason is 24th in the NFL in FG percentage and 28th in PAT percentage.

I just think people's expectations haven't caught up to how good modern NFL kickers are compared to the 90s and prior. Elite kickers on average hit about 9 out of 10 FGs. Average, just acceptable kickers hit about 6 out of 7. Kickers who hit 4 out of 5, where Mason is at for his career, are usually the ones on the streets fielding calls if a kicker gets hurt.

Keep in mind he is currently the 5th highest paid kicker in the nfl.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup sucks he missed after what appeared to be a bad snap and Scott doing his best to try and get the ball down, but he isn't going to make every 40+ yard FG and considering it was in the 1st quarter and a lot happened after that, I'm not pinning this loss on Mason Fricking Crosby.
Yeah, we went on to build a 14-3 lead after that point.
The reason we lost is because we could only score three frigging points in the second half.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did anyone have even an ounce of faith that Mason was going to deliver from 49 today?

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He should of been gone awhile ago. We hold on to way too much dead weight. Top 5 paid kicker in league but bottom 1/3 in production, yep was time to bring in some competition months ago.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
this is the 4th non-win (1 tie & 3 losses) this year directly associated with crosby misses.
Same could be said about all the associated losses with a team that generally played bad. Sure Crosby missed some FG's, but I have a hard time saying that the Packers are an 8-4 team with a better FG kicker. If the Packers home loss against a team as bad as AZ, is pinned solely on Crosby missing that last FG, I think fingers are being pointed in the wrong direction.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love mason, but he’s one of the highest paid kickers in the league and has personally had a hand in 3 losses.

Would not be opposed to parting ways.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Same could be said about all the associated losses with a team that generally played bad. Sure Crosby missed some FG's, but I have a hard time saying that the Packers are an 8-4 team with a better FG kicker. If the Packers home loss against a team as bad as AZ, is pinned solely on Crosby missing that last FG, I think fingers are being pointed in the wrong direction.
i'm not excusing all the other crap this team has pumped out this year just pointing something else out.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is now. They better be actively looking for his replacement this offseason

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
i'm not excusing all the other crap this team has pumped out this year just pointing something else out.
While I understand Crosby has missed FG's and most of us aren't happy with that, your post included wording that seems to imply 4 non-wins are on Crosby. All I am saying is the Packer issues are much bigger than Crosby and I would hesitate to put those non-wins squarely on him.

this is the 4th non-win (1 tie & 3 losses) this year directly associated with crosby misses.

Reaction score
Leave no rock unturned. This loss was abysmal in nature. We struggled like we were playing the Patriots at Foxborough or the Saints in New Orleans. This loss should absolutely be used to set a new course of action going forward.
The same “winning attitude” that I hold the players to high regard.. I also hold the coaches.

Also Zook has zero control on this ST unit, they are pitiful in nature. Totally undisciplined and neglecting in leadership.
I’d like to see a new administration going forward, even at the expense of possibly losing a good DC like Pettine. Nobody is immune After this loss IMO

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Crosby will not be cut unless the Packers have a proven replacement for him so I see him at least playing into maybe not finishing next season if his kicking woos continue.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All true ... but based on what he is being paid measured against his production... I’d say it’s time to consider other options.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I understand Crosby has missed FG's and most of us aren't happy with that, your post included wording that seems to imply 4 non-wins are on Crosby. All I am saying is the Packer issues are much bigger than Crosby and I would hesitate to put those non-wins squarely on him.
i understand and agree. just saying that with some makes they'd in a much better place w/l wise...probably 500 (which is still crap lol).

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
All true ... but based on what he is being paid measured against his production... I’d say it’s time to consider other options.

i understand and agree. just saying that with some makes they'd in a much better place w/l wise...probably 500 (which is still crap lol).

I'm not defending Crosby and his salary and it would shock me if the Packers didn't bring in at least 1-2 kickers next year to unseat him. Maybe they won't even wait and they cut him before any bonuses kick in. All I am saying is, I find it difficult to pin loses on Crosby when the Packers as a whole have played so poorly all season long, that missed FG's were about the least of their concerns in the big picture.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not defending Crosby ...I find it difficult to pin loses on Crosby when the Packers as a whole have played so poorly all season long,
absolutely, positively, but...

last second miss vs min sent it to OT;
4 misses vs det were more than the difference in the score;
1 miss vs sea was the difference in the score (possible OT/win);
1 miss vs ari was the difference in the score (possible OT/win).

Last edited: