Mason Crosby in trouble?

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ohhh boy, man I have defended our kicker many times over the years believing he'd snap out of what ails him and get it right, but this year he seems to be going full 2005 Longwell. Old Ryan Longwell completely lost his nerves that year after successfully keeping on pace with the team since 1997, and since 2008 Mason has been reliable, but today he's looked completely like his edge is gone. 0-3 is bad and right now is why it's still a 3-possession game and not a one. With a hobbled Rodgers and the offense still trying to get back on track, FG kicking has gotta be better.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Well if the second half is anything like the first half, Mason Crosby is only one of many issues with what is wrong with the Green Bay Packers. The whole team looks lifeless to this point, especially #12.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well if the second half is anything like the first half, Mason Crosby is only one of many issues with what is wrong with the Green Bay Packers. The whole team looks lifeless to this point, especially #12.

True, but on that last fumble Linsley completely whiffed on his block, he's missing Cobb and Allison and has been limited in practice which makes it tough to build chemistry with the young guys.

I have enough faith that even as bad as things have been today, Rodgers and McCarthy will get the offense going as Rodgers is able to get more practice time.

Crosby on the other hand, really can't excuse shanking easy money FGs and costing us key points damaging the whole team's confidence.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lifeless. Well said. We’ve seen too much of that this year.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True, but on that last fumble Linsley completely whiffed on his block, he's missing Cobb and Allison and has been limited in practice which makes it tough to build chemistry with the young guys.

I have enough faith that even as bad as things have been today, Rodgers and McCarthy will get the offense going as Rodgers is able to get more practice time.

Crosby on the other hand, really can't excuse shanking easy money FGs and costing us key points damaging the whole team's confidence.
Hope you’re right. I don’t have an answer for Crosby, especially indoors.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's also pretty telling that MM waved him off the field and seemed to not trust him to make the FG even while still in the 3rd.

As well as going for 2. I know the team is trailing, but I rarely ever see McCarthy go for 2 like this.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cracking me up!missed field goals our the least of our problems

You do realize right that if he had hit those that our last TD would have tied it?

9 points is very significant.

Offense needs some help sure, but Crosby is a dud today.

If there is one silver lining itsi that at least MM is going for 2 more often now. I like that.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now he misses an extra point.

AWFUL!!

He's definitely in trouble and looking like we may need to go for 2 on nearly every next TD we score.

Mason, sorry but you are done.

Conso

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know what is wrong with him today but anyone remember the Mason Crosby season where he choked all season long? I don't remember the year, but damn that man needs to get his head in the game and out of wherever it is. He literally cost us the game, make all those FGs and we win, hell make 3 of the 4 missed ones and we would've won. I just seriously hope this was a fluke choking and not something that will stay with him in future games, can't have a kicker miss that many FG's in a dome, in range, against a division opponent. let alone a division opponent that has such a crappy record, it's embarrassing. I didn't get to see the game but it looks like everyone else on offense had a good day stat-wise at least.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah back when he was Missin Crosby. I don’t remember exactly, maybe 4 or 5 years ago. But I still have faith in the ol dog.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know what is wrong with him today but anyone remember the Mason Crosby season where he choked all season long? I don't remember the year, but damn that man needs to get his head in the game and out of wherever it is. He literally cost us the game, make all those FGs and we win, hell make 3 of the 4 missed ones and we would've won. I just seriously hope this was a fluke choking and not something that will stay with him in future games, can't have a kicker miss that many FG's in a dome, in range, against a division opponent. let alone a division opponent that has such a crappy record, it's embarrassing. I didn't get to see the game but it looks like everyone else on offense had a good day stat-wise at least.
Rodgers's fumbles were pretty costly as well...

TornSolace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The packers seem off this season. Rodgers is off and the whole offense is off. But yeah crosby has got to go he's been horrible this season.

bgrice91

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should've made that kick against Minnesota too. Skip was right....Mason Crossbar

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like i stated in another post after the first fg attempt either good or bad outcome everything after that changes. Every play every second every down is now different.

Members online

Latest posts