Mason Crosby in trouble?

D

Deleted member 6794

Good kickers are hard to come by. Crosby is far from perfect, but he's better than most.

Geez, it's really not that hard to understand that Crosby hasn't been better than most kickers in the league. Unfortunately Thompson paid him elite money to keep him around.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Missed FG to win at MN first time around. Missed FG to tie AZ. 4 missed FG and 1 PAT in 8 pt loss to Det. Missed FG in 3 pt loss to SEA. Now I'll give credit where it's due and acknowledge his game winner vs SF. And it's in no way fair to solely blame him for these losses, but if he comes through and 2 of those 4 performances and GB wins, we're still looking pretty good to make the postseason.

I know Tucker is the best of the best but he also plays in a cold weather city and he has missed 6 FG and 1 PAT IN the LAST 3 SEASONS.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Missed FG to win at MN first time around. Missed FG to tie AZ. 4 missed FG and 1 PAT in 8 pt loss to Det. Missed FG in 3 pt loss to SEA. Now I'll give credit where it's due and acknowledge his game winner vs SF. And it's in no way fair to solely blame him for these losses, but if he comes through and 2 of those 4 performances and GB wins, we're still looking pretty good to make the postseason.

I know Tucker is the best of the best but he also plays in a cold weather city and he has missed 6 FG and 1 PAT IN the LAST 3 SEASONS.

Good stuff, now I implore upon you to find us the next Justin Tucker and not the next Roberto Aguayo.

If nothing else, the lyrics to this crack me up.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since I posted Missin's rankings earlier and since I like comparing to Tucker (4th highest pd btw, just one slot above Crosby) here are his rankings:

7th in 2018
6th in 2017
1st in 2016
3rd in 2015
8th in 2014
1st in 2013
7th in 2012 (rookie)

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lest we forget, our long time rival to the south Robbie Gould is ranked 2nd all time in FG%. Last I checked (sticks my finger outside) Northern IL gets pretty cold this time of year too. Not to mention he played a season for NYG.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Yup, lots of success stories with NFL Kickers and quite a few failures too. So much like replacing any player, the desire is to improve the position in relation to production and salary. There will be all sorts of options for the Packers to save money on a FG kicker next year, even after eating $1.25M of Crosby's dead cap hit. However, there is never really any guarantee that you will improve the position in the process.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lest we forget, our long time rival to the south Robbie Gould is ranked 2nd all time in FG%. Last I checked (sticks my finger outside) Northern IL gets pretty cold this time of year too. Not to mention he played a season for NYG.
and they got rid of him and now have some guy doinking 4 in a row of the uprights LOL

i really don't know how he's doing, but that game was funny

Members online

Latest posts