Marquez Valdes-Scantling

D

Deleted member 6794

Shepherd has not done anything...yet, on punt returns. I always think he has a chance to break one though. I think he should make fewer fair catches. But I am not comfortable with Ervin. Kick-offs...OK. jmo

Ervin has looked better returning both punts and kickoffs than Shepherd. If I recall correctly he hasn't lost a fumble either yet.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shepherd has not done anything...yet, on punt returns. I always think he has a chance to break one though. I think he should make fewer fair catches. But I am not comfortable with Ervin. Kick-offs...OK. jmo
You keep saying you think followed by some sort of praise .... when talking about Sheppard and yet almost every play he has been involved in has been bad. I am just very curious what you see in him that the rest of us don’t.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man after last week with that costly fumble I wouldn't lose sleep if we cut him.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You keep saying you think followed by some sort of praise .... when talking about Sheppard and yet almost every play he has been involved in has been bad. I am just very curious what you see in him that the rest of us don’t.
I think he is very quick. I think he has good hands. I think he has gotten a bad rap several times. I don't think he has had much of a chance. I actually think Rodgers should look for him if he ever gets to run a play in the middle. Sending him on a go or to the outside would not be his forte.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers may have stuck him in the dog house this game because of what happened last week. Fortunately it didn't matter though.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers may have stuck him in the dog house this game because of what happened last week. Fortunately it didn't matter though.
He shouldn't be considering he also made that clutch catch to help get them into OT, plus he was the best receiver the previous week. I get he made a critical mistake with that fumble but that happens to the best of us. That's the nature of the game unfortunately. Hopefully this is something he'll learn from and he'll get better going forward.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He shouldn't be considering he also made that clutch catch to help get them into OT, plus he was the best receiver the previous week. I get he made a critical mistake with that fumble but that happens to the best of us. That's the nature of the game unfortunately. Hopefully this is something he'll learn from and he'll get better going forward.

That was then, and this week is this week. Could have been his injury as well that made him not targeted either.

For the record, I don't and nor should anyone dog him for the fumble last week. Adams did that VS the Jags and just about any other WR out there will also have mistake filled days.

But I stand by my belief that what we got now is as good as it will get with him.

A good deep threat? Yes

A complete WR? No

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was then, and this week is this week. Could have been his injury as well that made him not targeted either.

For the record, I don't and nor should anyone dog him for the fumble last week. Adams did that VS the Jags and just about any other WR out there will also have mistake filled days.

But I stand by my belief that what we got now is as good as it will get with him.

A good deep threat? Yes

A complete WR? No
Idk why anyone at this point would expect more from him tbh. He hasn't shown that. He's a deep threat.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not even a single reception?

And?

Why do so many folks expect him to be a world beater? We are not talking about a complete WR folks. What he does well he does insanely well (runs fast)...rest of his game is average. Yes, his routes are getting better this year finally, and he appears to be reading coverages better - but he still is NOT a complete WR, nor should we expect him to be the kinda guy to go out hang up 5-7 receptions a game, near 100 yards a game...

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting. MVS played a lot of snaps, no targets. Would be interesting to see the All-22 to see if they were trying to take that away or not.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting. MVS played a lot of snaps, no targets. Would be interesting to see the All-22 to see if they were trying to take that away or not.
He must be doing something the staff likes to get almost 80% of the offensive snaps, more than any skill player not named AR12 or DA17.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What would bother me is if he was getting targets but not catches or if we were losing and he couldn't help us. But last night? It just does not matter. He could have been doing his job.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What would bother me is if he was getting targets but not catches or if we were losing and he couldn't help us. But last night? It just does not matter. He could have been doing his job.
What seemed strange to me was that MVS got zero targets, but Rodgers and MFL were both saying they had complete confidence in him. haha! If confidence means zero targets, then who would want that kind of support. The truth is they have no confidence in him. Action speaks louder than words.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I officially apologize to everyone saying it was good not to pick up Fuller. I was wr-wr-wrong. Fuller has just been suspended for 6 games for PEDs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't get this logic....If he can't get a catch in a comfortable game, how would he be trusted in crunch situations?

If there was a game to boost confidence or develop sync, this was it.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not even a single reception?
I don't get this logic....If he can't get a catch in a comfortable game, how would he be trusted in crunch situations?

Its kind hard to catch a pass when they don't throw him the ball. I don't think Adams could do that either.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I kind of think the disgruntled this week have him on some fantasy team. Not saying that is you XPack. But really, I don't think your question has merit. jmo It just is not important.

D

Deleted member 6794

Its kind hard to catch a pass when they don't throw him the ball. I don't think Adams could do that either.

It's possible the reason MVS wasn't targeted once vs. the Bears is that he wasn't able to get open.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
How many snaps did he get. The staff likes his blocking so he is contributing in the run game. Everyone has their role to play each week. Don’t get caught up in the #2 or #3 WR stuff. It’s not important. Players correctly executing their roles consistently is all that matters. Will be interesting to see how quickly Austin can execute his role in the offense. We’ll need him in the playoffs.

Members online

Latest posts