Logjam at WR

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep all of them. In case one gets hurt, another can step up. They can also use their talents in different packages to keep defenses guessing. Having this deep of WR's is lethal - lining up all 4 with Finley in a 5 - wide would really throw some teams off. Trading any of them would really set them back IMO because they are much more diverse with all 4 of them.

Plus, Driver is not getting any younger. He will have a great season, but you never know which one will be his last. You need the young guys for the future.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep them all. Easy question. Like others have said, it is a great weapon to use to confuse the d.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep all of them, all that depth is one of the things that makes our offense so lethal.

Also, I was just reading that Finley was training at Larry Fitzgerald's offseason receiver program... :)

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to keep all of them, but in the event or CB or LB depth show some uncertainties it leaves us in a questionable position. Realistically I doubt we trade Jennings, Driver, Nelson or Finley. Here are the reasons why they won't be traded: Driver has been a long time contributor and will retire with the Pack, Jennings got a contract extension, Nelson was a 2nd round pick and TT is never willing to admit failure and Finley is an up and coming star. I guess James Jones is tradeable, he could be a solid No. 2 on another team and he's looking for a long term contract. Havner and Lee are also options for a trade. Havner did get into some trouble this offseason but there's no denying his talent. Lee is falling off as age catches up to him, but is good depth or maybe even a starter somewhere else.

pluto

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i believe jones is ready to "explode" on the nfl when he gets his chance. that chance may come sooner than most people realize. remember that old qb that was in gb forever, then all of a sudden was playing in another city? who's to say that couldn't happen at wide reciever?

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Awesome! Finely at WR should be an event to behold! Not that it should happen frequently. But hot damn that will be fun to watch.

I loved it the first few time when the Big 5 took the field and watching defenses wonder WTF they should do! :D

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
Keep All of them, Next year Driver probably retires, You trade James jones, Jordy Nelson plays the #2 slot next year.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Keep all of them, especially with our pass happy QB. What we need and hopefully will have is an O-Line and a RB who can block the defense so A-Rod can make his passes, without too much pressure. Also keep Nelson from receiving kicks, and he should have good numbers. Jennings, Driver, and Finley may be the stars, but when our secondary isn't second class. Its as I see the Cardinals last year, Fitzgerald was the star, but if it wasn't for Boldin and Breaston their passing game wouldn't have been so good.

OP
OP
aaronqb

aaronqb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree we should keep all of them for the time being. But, it's also our "ace in the hole" in case we need to acquire someone at another position (due to injury). Driver's marketability is probably a bit limited because of his age, but both Jones and Nelson would probably bring us a pretty good player at another position, if needed. I like the Packer starters pretty much across the board, but there are a few positions where we are a bit thin and where we can't afford injuries (OLB, CB).

Eugene Robinson was the final piece to the puzzle back in 1996 and was acquired in a trade.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think its a logjam. Keep them all. Was reading about the depth at TE we have. Its a good position to be in.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to keep all of them, but in the event or CB or LB depth show some uncertainties it leaves us in a questionable position. Realistically I doubt we trade Jennings, Driver, Nelson or Finley. Here are the reasons why they won't be traded: Driver has been a long time contributor and will retire with the Pack, Jennings got a contract extension, Nelson was a 2nd round pick and TT is never willing to admit failure and Finley is an up and coming star. I guess James Jones is tradeable, he could be a solid No. 2 on another team and he's looking for a long term contract. Havner and Lee are also options for a trade. Havner did get into some trouble this offseason but there's no denying his talent. Lee is falling off as age catches up to him, but is good depth or maybe even a starter somewhere else.

I doubt Nelson would go anywhere either but I don't agree with your post on the part I highlighted. TT will "admit" failure and part with players he drafted if they don't pan out. Brohm is a prime example. Fortunately, Nelson is proving to be a much better player than poor Brian Brohm so JN won't be released any time soon.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordy Nelson is starter-worthy in the NFL, so is James Jones.
Does anyone else remember the glowing reviews of Jones when he was a rookie?

Some people compared him to Sterling Sharpe even. The guy is good, runs great routes, has velcro for hands catching it, and he's strong. He only lacks elite speed, but he still can get deep.

Our WRs are the strength of our team and we're solid 4-deep. If 80 goes down, I think we're okay. Jennings is another story because he's our deep threat.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordy Nelson is starter-worthy in the NFL, so is James Jones.
Does anyone else remember the glowing reviews of Jones when he was a rookie?

Some people compared him to Sterling Sharpe even. The guy is good, runs great routes, has velcro for hands catching it, and he's strong. He only lacks elite speed, but he still can get deep.

Our WRs are the strength of our team and we're solid 4-deep. If 80 goes down, I think we're okay. Jennings is another story because he's our deep threat.

Yup.......put Driver, Jennings, Jones, and Finley out there and defenses need to start taking anti-depressants!

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt Nelson would go anywhere either but I don't agree with your post on the part I highlighted. TT will "admit" failure and part with players he drafted if they don't pan out. Brohm is a prime example. Fortunately, Nelson is proving to be a much better player than poor Brian Brohm so JN won't be released any time soon.

Maybe I didn't phrase that correctly. You're perfectly right in the Brohm example but TT is never willing to part with a guy that he drafted so high and with tons of potential. For instance Justin Harrell is still on the roster and TT was eager to give the reigns to Aaron Rodgers for the starting QB job. Nelson is in the same position in that if he were to get a chance to show case his abilities, possibly with more playing time, he's worth the keeper.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its clear to me, we either keep all of them, or Driver is traded or cut. There is too much potential in Nelson and Jones to pass on them.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its clear to me, we either keep all of them, or Driver is traded or cut. There is too much potential in Nelson and Jones to pass on them.

Driver will retire a Packer. Seriously just keep all of them. This is a problem 31 other teams wish they had.

Members online

Latest posts