Lions - Studs and Duds

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was one of the worst games of Rodgers' career. I think you could even make an argument it was the singular worst. Terrible decisions much of the game, and missed several throws. And I do not get the play calls on that last series. Why try four shots to the end zone? It wasn't working. With timeouts, you can try shorter passes over the middle.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds:
Coaching. All of it.
Rodgers. Still taking bad sacks, still looking for the long ball when we only need 7-10 yards.
Offense: yes, I know we had long drives today for a change -- against one of the worst teams in the league.
Front office. For receivers we have Lazard and a bunch of rookies who might be decent someday.

Defense looked okay today, but mostly because the Lions have nothing on the offensive side.

Studs: uh . . . Crosby?

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was one of the worst games of Rodgers' career. I think you could even make an argument it was the singular worst. Terrible decisions much of the game, and missed several throws. And I do not get the play calls on that last series. Why try four shots to the end zone? It wasn't working. With timeouts, you can try shorter passes over the middle.
Yeah, I don't get three straight shots to the EZ. No patience.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Studs: really only 2, Crosby, and everyone who testified to this S*** Show
Duds: there are too many to list here, so all except the stud

OP
OP
PikeBadger

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Duds:
Coaching. All of it.
Rodgers. Still taking bad sacks, still looking for the long ball when we only need 7-10 yards.
Offense: yes, I know we had long drives today for a change -- against one of the worst teams in the league.
Front office. For receivers we have Lazard and a bunch of rookies who might be decent someday.

Defense looked okay today, but mostly because the Lions have nothing on the offensive side.

Studs: uh . . . Crosby?
I wouldn't even give Crosby a stud. Couldn't get the kickoff to the endzone on a couple of kicks. And the game was in doors.

Reaction score
9 points?

The Rodgers supporters will try to convince everyone of every possible excuse except saying he is the engine that makes this run and he is responsible.

THIS is why we wanted his FULL commitment this offseason. This year started with #12 getting a FULLY guaranteed (FULLY COMMITTED) contract. He starts by skipping OTA’s and that was all the proof I needed that he was NOT committed back to his Employer. This is what happens when you keep one foot in the locker room and one foot out. 9 points?? Really?

Force his retirement now. I don’t even care about a trade get him out now.

Start Love and see what we have and possibly go after 1 of the top 3 QB’s this draft also. I’ve had Enough excuses to last a lifetime. No more drama let’s cut ties and get back to Winning in a couple seasons.

When MM left he was the last variable to why we could not finish. Now #12 is the last one standing and he’s clearly the problem. I’ve had enough drama. Enough of the Arrogance and enough of the lies. I’ve had enough and as Packer fans we expect better than pathetic level of Offensive play.

Last edited:

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I wouldn't even give Crosby a stud. Couldn't get the kickoff to the endzone on a couple of kicks. And the game was in doors.
But that dud was on the bottom of the list of problems today. Sure he could have kicked it better but he had no effect on this loss today.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, not being able to get touchbacks is a problem. I don't understand why it hasn't been addressed. Unless they tell him to kick short on purpose. Which would be insane.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
If there were any real studs in the Packers organization they would, get all their a*** in front of the mic and apologize to all the Packer fans for not living up to a winning standard were use too, if some were to quit Greyhound is running out of GB..

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers and LaPew. Rodgers threw a lot of bad passes. LaFleur...what a horrible 2pt conversion call. Doesn't he have a 2 pt. conversion play? That was it? Roll right and take away half of the field. And what were those first two plays when we needed a TD at the end? Yeah, we wanted to snap the ball but that doesn't mean you just throw away a down. He is a great offensive coach in his own mind maybe. He can't even teach receivers to hold off on their blocks. Way too many bs pass plays to the flat anyway.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It bugs me that the team looks so disorganized and unready on so many snaps. The communication seems to be terrible. Too many blown assignments. Too many times the play clock runs to nearly zero because guys don't know where they should be. Too many wasted timeouts when the offense can't get on the same page. Who's to blame? Rodgers for waiting to long to make up his mind? MLF for not getting instructions in quickly enough? Lack of focus by the players?

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: COACHING!! All the way around!!! The first 2 trips to the red zone pound the ball in..I don't care if you need to put 9 olinemen in..just get in the ****ing end zone! You want to be a power running team..can't do it with 5 olinemen!!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
It bugs me that the team looks so disorganized and unready on so many snaps. The communication seems to be terrible. Too many blown assignments. Too many times the play clock runs to nearly zero because guys don't know where they should be. Too many wasted timeouts when the offense can't get on the same page. Who's to blame? Rodgers for waiting to long to make up his mind? MLF for not getting instructions in quickly enough? Lack of focus by the players?
Well…Considering play clock stuff happened with MM , what is the common theme

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Duds: COACHING!! All the way around!!! The first 2 trips to the red zone pound the ball in..I don't care if you need to put 9 olinemen in..just get in the ****ing end zone! You want to be a power running team..can't do it with 5 olinemen!!
So Aaron didn’t audible to the run?
Until you know exactly what plays were called and what Rodgers did you can’t blame just the coach

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Aaron didn’t audible to the run?
Until you know exactly what plays were called and what Rodgers did you can’t blame just the coach
Maybe LaFleur needs to grow a pair then and tell Rodgers to stick with what's called!

OP
OP
PikeBadger

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
9 points?

The Rodgers supporters will try to convince everyone of every possible excuse except saying he is the engine that makes this run and he is responsible.

THIS is why we wanted his FULL commitment this offseason. This year started with #12 getting a FULLY guaranteed (FULLY COMMITTED) contract. He starts by skipping OTA’s and that was all the proof I needed that he was NOT committed back to his Employer. This is what happens when you keep one foot in the locker room and one foot out. 9 points?? Really?

Force his retirement now. I don’t even care about a trade get him out now.

Start Love and see what we have and possibly go after 1 of the top 3 QB’s this draft also. I’ve had Enough excuses to last a lifetime. No more drama let’s cut ties and get back to Winning in a couple seasons.

When MM left he was the last variable to why we could not finish. Now #12 is the last one standing and he’s clearly the problem. I’ve had enough drama. Enough of the Arrogance and enough of the lies. I’ve had enough and as Packer fans we expect better than pathetic level of Offensive play.
We're out of the race. Team makes too many mistakes every game in every facet of the game. Time to bench the QB, have LaFleur call all the plays with Love on a very short leash to audible. Run a lot of 12,13 and 22 personnel groupings and run 60% of the time. Let's see what Love can do for at least three weeks and see if he can provide the offense with a spark. Jones and Dillon are two of our best playmakers. Time to make use of them.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two things that were good (even though they were only 3 plays). Rodgers looked good on his punt return. He accelerated really well. And he made a good fair catch. And Q made a big stop by running into the hole for an important tackle.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're out of the race. Team makes too many mistakes every game in every facet of the game. Time to bench the QB, have LaFleur call all the plays with Love on a very short leash to audible. Run a lot of 12,13 and 22 personnel groupings and run 60% of the time. Let's see what Love can do for at least three weeks and see if he can provide the offense with a spark. Jones and Dillon are two of our best playmakers. Time to make use of them.
Agree that we're out of the race. But we already have very good reason to believe that Love is not the quarterback of the future. If Rodgers is to be benched I'd rather bring in somebody off a practice squad. Might get lucky with an undiscovered talent.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts