Lions at Broncos

Lions take the win or the Broncos pull off the upset?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
With the Packers bye this week my focus will be shifting to this game right here, The Lions at Broncos. The Packers have a 2 game lead in the division and it wouldn't hurt for the Packers to get a 2.5 game lead, do you think the Broncos can pull off the upset win in mile high stadium?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't bring myself to root for either team though I think the Lions will win.
I hate the Broncos because of Timmy Tbag and I don't want the Lions to win.
If the Broncs do lose, expect the most overrated QB to dominate the sports media airwaves anyway.
They will probably show all his TDs on the highlights reel anyway and find ways to spin it that it wasn't his fault for the loss.
I hope we get this game because I would like to see what happens when Tbag takes on a stronger team that's not in the cellar.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Denver is a tough place to play no matter how bad anyone thinks they are. I am not sure yet, I have picked against the Lions for two weeks. I feel as if I used up my Lions card for a while lol. Falcons/49ers are good teams though so I didn't consider it shocking.

If Tebow can pull another win out of his you know what though then I will lmao. That would be beyond embarrassing for Detroit.

Whats the status on Stafford though?

OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
Denver is a tough place to play no matter how bad anyone thinks they are. I am not sure yet, I have picked against the Lions for two weeks. I feel as if I used up my Lions card for a while lol. Falcons/49ers are good teams though so I didn't consider it shocking.

If Tebow can pull another win out of his you know what though then I will lmao. That would be beyond embarrassing for Detroit.

Whats the status on Stafford though?

"Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press guesses that Matthew Stafford (knee, ankle) will play in Week 8 against the Broncos."
"Lions coach Jim Schwartz said at his Monday press conference Matthew Stafford is "no more than day to day" with his ankle injury."

This is what I found for you, hope it helps.
Hopefully Tebow can pull off the upset along with Von Miller cause that would be a relief for the Packers if they were able to come of they're bye week not really having to worry about winning there game because they would still have a pretty good lead in there division.

OP
OP
thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
I can't bring myself to root for either team though I think the Lions will win.
I hate the Broncos because of Timmy Tbag and I don't want the Lions to win.
If the Broncs do lose, expect the most overrated QB to dominate the sports media airwaves anyway.
They will probably show all his TDs on the highlights reel anyway and find ways to spin it that it wasn't his fault for the loss.
I hope we get this game because I would like to see what happens when Tbag takes on a stronger team that's not in the cellar.

I think the Lions will win I'm just hoping for a Broncos win because it would give the Packers a 3 game lead in the division which is always a good thing.

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure who I can't stand more, Tebow or Suh. Tebow will be running for his life, but hopefully he finds a way to run for his life into the endzone a few times.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Stanford banged up,think the broncos will go after him a lot he will be off his game with best gone they have no running game,broncos have okay corners on the other hand lions defense,will get to Tebow before he can really do anything except maybe throw the ball to them,I'm guessing a win by broncos just a hunch .

Packers_89

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Lions will win I'm just hoping for a Broncos win because it would give the Packers a 3 game lead in the division which is always a good thing.

It would give us a 2.5 game lead in the division since we don't play this week.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I cannot see the Lions losing to Tebow, that is just unbelievable. He's not even going to complete 50% of his passes against their heavy blitzing pass rush, when he didn't even hit 50% against a bad Miami defense.

It's hard to pick teams here, but I would be thankful if all the Tebow hype just died one day, which I know is not going to happen. Andy Dalton comes into the NFL, wins 4 games, passes the ball really well, and he gets absolutely no credit at a rookie status, yet Tim Tebow can't even hit 50% of his passes and he's "the next John Elway."

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
All this is going to hinge on Stafford and how healthy the Lions are. If Stafford is healthy, then the Lions should win this game, not by a blowout but a pretty solid win. The Lions are still a good team, just not the great team some thought they were.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
All this is going to hinge on Stafford and how healthy the Lions are. If Stafford is healthy, then the Lions should win this game, not by a blowout but a pretty solid win. The Lions are still a good team, just not the great team some thought they were.
I don't know. Tebow might rack up 150yds rushing on that D. If Stafford not in the game could be a big issue. Air is a lot thinner up there, tends to throw QB's off a little bit in their passing. I think John Fox is going to adjust his playbook to suit Tebow. As much as I hate all the Tebow Hype I am going with the Bronco's. Of course why wouldn't I. Would be nice to come out of the Bye with a 21/2 game lead.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know. Tebow might rack up 150yds rushing on that D. If Stafford not in the game could be a big issue. Air is a lot thinner up there, tends to throw QB's off a little bit in their passing. I think John Fox is going to adjust his playbook to suit Tebow. As much as I hate all the Tebow Hype I am going with the Bronco's. Of course why wouldn't I. Would be nice to come out of the Bye with a 21/2 game lead.

I'm just not buying all this Tebow hype. I'm a lot more willing to believe in Newton or even freakin Ponder. Tebow is being rammed down out throats by the announcers and media. I'm not saying he sucks, I'm just saying I don't think he's going to live up to all that hype. In that sense all those people hyping up Tebow are doing him a disservice by making him out to be better than he is proven to be. When you inflate somebody's head like that it can give them a complex and when they fail, all those good intentions could do Tebow more harm than good. On the other paw, if he comes out and blows the Lions out, I'd be the first person to admit my doubt in him and congratulate him on a game well played. But to be honest, I think Tebow is no more than the QB flavor of the month as Newton was last month and Ponder is going to be next month.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I'm just not buying all this Tebow hype. I'm a lot more willing to believe in Newton or even freakin Ponder. Tebow is being rammed down out throats by the announcers and media. I'm not saying he sucks, I'm just saying I don't think he's going to live up to all that hype. In that sense all those people hyping up Tebow are doing him a disservice by making him out to be better than he is proven to be. When you inflate somebody's head like that it can give them a complex and when they fail, all those good intentions could do Tebow more harm than good. On the other paw, if he comes out and blows the Lions out, I'd be the first person to admit my doubt in him and congratulate him on a game well played. But to be honest, I think Tebow is no more than the QB flavor of the month as Newton was last month and Ponder is going to be next month.
We just need him to be the QB Flavor of the day this Sunday:D

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score

100% agree.

I hated Newton with a passion, anybody down here would after that heart breaker in Tuscaloosa when Auburn came back and beat Alabama, but overall I can't throw dirt on Newton anymore, and I'll be a better man to admit I was wrong at calling him a bust, and I am happy that he managed to get one of my favorite QB's of all time to mentor him, over the years I feel like Warren Moon has been forgotten among all the greats.

The problem with Tebow is, ESPN and all the media is to blame. They pumped this kid up, hyped him so bad, that he had the #1 top selling jersey in the league last year. That is pathetic to the point where he sells more jersesys than Rodgers, Brees, and Brady, something is really really wrong. At the top of his hype, he should be out playing those 3 guys, whom I think are the best quarterbacks in the game today, and instead we get this. Snap the ball, and try to run to the left. Play action, overthrown pass, below 50% completion rate. Tebow plays like a 3rd string quarterback, and that is why he was a 3rd stringer at that. The Bronco's showed just how much they really care about winning when they decided to bend over for their fan base (which is 75% Tebow bandwagon today), but at the same time I think they were trying to show those fans why he was a 3rd string quarterback. There's a reason they were trying to run the ball almost every down against the Dolphins, and it's because you can't depend on Tebow.

Packers_89

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you at all worried about the Packers heading into Qualcomm stadium after the bye week?

A little bit. I think we are the favourites to beat the Chargers but they are probably the second toughest game for us so far. If the defense doesn't step it up it could turn into a gunslinger show like it did against the saints. I think the defense will step it up and Arod and the offense will do their thing, which should lead to a win.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
100% agree.

I hated Newton with a passion, anybody down here would after that heart breaker in Tuscaloosa when Auburn came back and beat Alabama, but overall I can't throw dirt on Newton anymore, and I'll be a better man to admit I was wrong at calling him a bust, and I am happy that he managed to get one of my favorite QB's of all time to mentor him, over the years I feel like Warren Moon has been forgotten among all the greats.

The problem with Tebow is, ESPN and all the media is to blame. They pumped this kid up, hyped him so bad, that he had the #1 top selling jersey in the league last year. That is pathetic to the point where he sells more jersesys than Rodgers, Brees, and Brady, something is really really wrong. At the top of his hype, he should be out playing those 3 guys, whom I think are the best quarterbacks in the game today, and instead we get this. Snap the ball, and try to run to the left. Play action, overthrown pass, below 50% completion rate. Tebow plays like a 3rd string quarterback, and that is why he was a 3rd stringer at that. The Bronco's showed just how much they really care about winning when they decided to bend over for their fan base (which is 75% Tebow bandwagon today), but at the same time I think they were trying to show those fans why he was a 3rd string quarterback. There's a reason they were trying to run the ball almost every down against the Dolphins, and it's because you can't depend on Tebow.

Exactly, all I've seen from Tebow is media hype. I haven't seen anything conclusive from Tebow himself to overturn my thoughts on him. Until he starts playing at even half the level they make him out to be, I'm going to consider him all hype and no play.

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
A little bit. I think we are the favourites to beat the Chargers but they are probably the second toughest game for us so far. If the defense doesn't step it up it could turn into a gunslinger show like it did against the saints. I think the defense will step it up and Arod and the offense will do their thing, which should lead to a win.

Nope, the Bolts are in a tailspin. Something is off with Rivers. Tom Jackson said it best, on Sunday he said something is off with Rivers, either disconnect with his coach, divided locker room, or physiologically. I called it at the start of the season talking to my Bolt fan co-workers at best they go 8-8 most likely 7-9. The lose to KC this week in Arrowhead, and get smashed by the world champs on 11/6. P.Rivers couldn't throw a pea in the pacific ocean right now, and it's not like one type of D has given him fits, he's looked horrible EVERY game his season.

Packers_89

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope, the Bolts are in a tailspin. Something is off with Rivers. Tom Jackson said it best, on Sunday he said something is off with Rivers, either disconnect with his coach, divided locker room, or physiologically. I called it at the start of the season talking to my Bolt fan co-workers at best they go 8-8 most likely 7-9. The lose to KC this week in Arrowhead, and get smashed by the world champs on 11/6. P.Rivers couldn't throw a pea in the pacific ocean right now, and it's not like one type of D has given him fits, he's looked horrible EVERY game his season.

I honestly hasn't watched the chargers too much or paid attention to them. From what I have seen they have beaten crappy teams and lost to the Pats and Jets. Rivers has been terrible too. But my main issue is that Rivers has had no injury or anything to really slow him down, which means it is mental. Maybe he has a great week next week against the chiefs and he gets some confidence. But going up against Arod might depress him right back down lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts