Lions At 4-0

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Is it a miracle?

Are they TRULY BLESSED this season?

When I seen them down 3-20 to Dallas, I was worried cause I had money on the Lions. But of course, who's the best quarterback to depend on when you're up by 17? Tony Romo, that's right! Now I want to hear every Cowboys fan this week at work tell me how wrong I am to down Romo, cause Dallas had this game won, and what does he do? He starts throwing them picks.

ROMO WAS A MIRACLE!!!

Jerry Jones is an idiot.
And yeah, I have no doubt Romo will be in Dallas yet again next year. Anyone else would have moved the hell on by now after all these blown games.

Detroit surely is our biggest threat this season. I am more worried about playing them than the rusty Chargers.
San Diego is vastly overrated. Games they should blow out, they barely have been winning. Yet we have the Lions, who would have ever guessed you'd live to see the Lions come back from 20 points down and win, and then down by 17 to come back to win, back to back?
Calvin "Megatron" Johnson is who I am really worried about. It's been a long long time that I've seen a receiver that good to jump so high to catch a pass in double coverage.

Looks like we are finally going to get a Pack/Lions rivalry renewal cause both teams are playing so damn good, best in the league, and this has been well needed. Rodgers vs Stafford will be better than watching Favre go head to head against all the bust quarterbacks they had, even when they had Barry Sanders, the guy handing off to him wasn't elite (Rodney Peete, Scott Mitchell)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Detroit is looking better than they did last year, but I'm still not convinced. Two games in a row they should have lost if their opponent had been somewhat better than mediocre.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Let me also say, Dallas had them beat when it was 27 to 3.

Instead of being yard hogs and trying to increase their stats, they should have been running the ball instead of thinking of being in the top teams on stats.

I like Jason Garrett, but wow, they totally blew that game by trying to run up stats.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
If the Packers can start playing 4 quarter football I think we can take the Lions pretty well.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
The Lions played 1 quarter, I would say at 100%. Waited till the game was on the line to get their stuff together.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've now watched all the Lions games.

They're a good team, their DL is very disruptive, Megatron is a beast, Stafford has great touch on jump balls, and their coaching staff is excellent, their playcalling is very good.

But they did fall behind on all those games. They did come back, but those teams had a meltdown.

This Lions team is good. Not even close to the Packers. Their OL is bad, their secondary is terrible. Stafford is not in the same league as Rodgers, not even close.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Colts fan here. I posted before the SB I had you guys winning. I honestly have you guys winning it all again this year and did before the season started.

I watched the Lions/Cowboys. Lions are a good team but Romo had a complete meltdown. Eventually the Lions will have to get going earlier in games and against good teams it will cost them. They have talent but I don't sense they are quite there just yet. Even if you guys split with them I don't see them taking the division.

The Packers will certainly be pumped to play them with the media hype.

I watch a lot of Packers since last year, mostly because of Rodgers. He is incredible. Best QB in the game. He honestly gives me chills at times.

With the way the NFC is shaping up I am not sure. After the Packers I would say Saints but only if they are in the dome. Outside of them it gets tough. Possibly the Giants if they keep it up since it up and that division is open.

In the AFC there are a lot of frauds. The majority of them won't stop your offense indoors in my Colts stadium. Your D is good enough so don't worry about it.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm happy for the Lions fans, but I don't think this is going to last forever. The Lions have played the Buccaneers, Chiefs, Vikings and Cowboys - only the Buccaneers of those is a real contender. They've got a similar schedule to us, so look out when they play the Bears, the Saints, the Chargers and oh, yeah, us. I think Detroit will be back to around 9-7 when the dust settles.

But please, let's not lose this division to the Lions... or else we'd be the only team to not win the division since 2008.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I don't even consider the Bucs a contender. I think the Saints after the Packers are my only contender in the NFC right now and I am still iffy over the Saints at times. But, Brees is Brees so I have them second.

I could see the Lions losing a few soon enough. I thought it may happen today. Romo can't be trusted though.

I don't see a lot of teams I am high on though.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
I think the lions are a little better than people on this board seem to be giving them credit for. No their not as good as us right now. But they do have some things that you need to win games in this league, one of those being an elite quarterback, and stafford sure seems like he's getting to that point. You also need good O and D lines-their o-line is pretty awful, but they do have a great d-line which can get more pressure than us when we blitz 5 men.
And while they haven't beaten the best of teams and have fallen behind, anytime you come from behind on the road you build character, and thats what they're doing in detroit. I don't know if its because we already beat the saints this year, but I honestly am more scared to face the lions than any other team in the NFC, and I happen to think they are the second best team in the NFC as well.
Maybe i'll be proven wrong as the season goes on, but I don't see the lions falling off at some point like I think say maybe, the bills who got off to a hot start might. I do still see us winning the division but I think detroit is good enough to win a wildcard spot.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I don't consider Stafford an elite QB, I think that term gets thrown around too loosely. Rodgers and Brees are the only elite QBs in the NFC to me. Stafford is young and on the rise but he has a ways to go to join the elite ranks.Calvin Johnson is a beast though. Lions were not running the ball very well in the first 3 games, don't remember how they did today in that regard.

What suprised me most was the first half with the Cowboys o line vs. their d line. An area I expected the Lions to manhandle and they didn't.

The Saints will be tough to beat in the dome. You have the tiebreaker over them and you need to keep homefield away from them.

A Saints at Packers title game has been my prediction since week 1. I can see the Lions in the playoffs though but they have to prove more to me all season. Saints/Packers opening game reminded me a lot of the Colts/Patriots SB opener a year after the Pats won one SB.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have serious concerns that megatron will wreck havoc on our secondary.

But have no doubt that we can out score them.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
We've got over 7 weeks before we play them. Things will be better by then. Besides, if the Pack has a 24 point lead at halftime do you think there is a chance in hell the lions will be able to come back on us.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I'm happy for the Lions fans to have something to cheer about for a bit. I'm not concerned or scared or worried about them at all. I don't mean to sound like a complete homer, but the truth is the Packers are the best team in football. The only teams I feel play at our level are New Orleans (Not sure about Giants yet), San Diego. Baltimore and New England. All the other teams up there are 2nd tier to these teams.
So just like the power rankings say, until someone beats us, this is the most dominant team in football and it's the fan bases of all the other 31 teams to be worried about our team. Just ask yourself this question: without major injuries to either team, who would you bet $100 bucks on if you had to place a wager? In either team's stadium? Pack or Lions?
Yea, me too.

LionsFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ive seen you guys throw around that we havent played great teams.

Denver and Carolina are not great at all, the bears are on dallas' level as far as over-achieving hype/let down, and ill give you the saints, even though i think they get to much respect(not impressed with their D). Keep in mind, we have only played 1 home game this season. Still 7 left on the schedule!

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Things that will kill us: nonexistent pass rush, busted coverage, poor protection for Rodgers, and Megatron.

Things that will save us: Aaron and his entourage, and turnovers.

This is all it comes down to.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Colts fan here. I posted before the SB I had you guys winning. I honestly have you guys winning it all again this year and did before the season started.

I watched the Lions/Cowboys. Lions are a good team but Romo had a complete meltdown. Eventually the Lions will have to get going earlier in games and against good teams it will cost them. They have talent but I don't sense they are quite there just yet. Even if you guys split with them I don't see them taking the division.

The Packers will certainly be pumped to play them with the media hype.

I watch a lot of Packers since last year, mostly because of Rodgers. He is incredible. Best QB in the game. He honestly gives me chills at times.

With the way the NFC is shaping up I am not sure. After the Packers I would say Saints but only if they are in the dome. Outside of them it gets tough. Possibly the Giants if they keep it up since it up and that division is open.

In the AFC there are a lot of frauds. The majority of them won't stop your offense indoors in my Colts stadium. Your D is good enough so don't worry about it.

Great analyzing, you're right on the money.

I like the Saints but sadly, you are correct. Their defense has been getting shredded this season. Even worse watching them today let Jacksonville hang around when they had them beat. It's specifically the passing game. Their corners have been getting burned every week. They do shape up in the 4th quarter though.
Saints could go all the way, only if they have the dome. I don't think they would have beat Houston last week playing on the road.

The Giants probably will win the NFC East. I am not sold on Washington, for one reason. Rex Grossman will blow their season, and then we will all be laughing at how Dan Synder has no idea how to run a team.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score

Denver and Carolina are not great at all, the bears are on dallas' level as far as over-achieving hype/let down, and ill give you the saints, even though i think they get to much respect(not impressed with their D). Keep in mind, we have only played 1 home game this season. Still 7 left on the schedule!

We do have an easy schedule, I noticed that today. The toughest opponent we may have to face yet, may indeed be your Lions. That is really going to be an interesting game. Of course a lot can happen between now and then to either team but it's going to be interesting.

You guys seem to be able to protect Stafford in the pocket, the one thing I was really worried about. I don't know who the hell had the bad sense to wake up a bunch of sleeping Lions, but I can tell you if not this year, in the next few years, they will profoundly regret it.

Congrats on your season so far and the way the Lions have turned things around, you have much to be proud of. Keep your heads up, keep Stafford healthy and I think we may be seeing a lot of one another.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score

I have yet to badmouth the Lions.

I was impressed with all their wins so far this season, even having to come back and win it.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Great analyzing, you're right on the money.

I like the Saints but sadly, you are correct. Their defense has been getting shredded this season. Even worse watching them today let Jacksonville hang around when they had them beat. It's specifically the passing game. Their corners have been getting burned every week. They do shape up in the 4th quarter though.
Saints could go all the way, only if they have the dome. I don't think they would have beat Houston last week playing on the road.

The Giants probably will win the NFC East. I am not sold on Washington, for one reason. Rex Grossman will blow their season, and then we will all be laughing at how Dan Synder has no idea how to run a team.

Saints at home will be brutal to get by. Yeah on the road they remind me of the Colts at times. We dominate at home a lot and you took us out and we are not built for it. Not that I like building a team meant for indoors, I hate it actually.

I can't ever count out the Giants. Not since 2007. They could get in and make serious noise but I don't see them winning it all right now but they could be the ultimate darkhorse the NFC is looking for if they keep it up. I am semi into the 49ers just based on Harbaugh.

I see the Lions as a playoff contender but not a SB contender yet. They will win games and get hyped to the max based on the story they have going on. And they should get praised but that is not the best team around either. They realistically should make the playoffs right now but it's still a long season.

Your passing D has gotten some flack but nobody is playing great defense to me. Your D has a clutch factor though that reminds me of some of the old Patriots D's of the last decade and can make big plays/stops when needed. I think they will be better when it really matters later on.

Members online

Latest posts