Linsley Q n A

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, no better test then the seahawks. He played well in the middle of that chaos w/ Sitton & Lang

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought he played well. I wonder how much he enjoyed being dressed down by Rodgers in the middle of the field in front of the entire country. Now he has done something that Tretter has never done and that is play in a regular season NFL game.

D

Deleted member 6794

I thought he played well. I wonder how much he enjoyed being dressed down by Rodgers in the middle of the field in front of the entire country.

At least he said all the right things about it to the media after the game.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It didn't sound like the Rodgers tirade was a big deal, at least as he told it to the media. It's natural too. Rodgers had an off night and the D was feasting on us, so mix in some communications and crowd noise to create an angry QB.

Linsley played extremely well. He said that Bruce Irvin's soundbite about "praying" for Linsley threw him for a little loop. Maybe that was the case mentally but it didn't show up in the game. That was a great first showing for a rookie center.

If Tretter can't beat out Linsley he could turn into a valuable backup at both center and guard.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Linsley can put together even 3 or 4 decent games in a row, I'm all for putting Tretter on the back burner and using him as a rotational guy at C/G. Poor ARod has gone through way too many centers in his career already. Just... let this one play. Let him get used to one *** and one *** alone.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Rodgers talked about him in his weekly radio show with Jason Wilde..

Rodgers really liked how he played--said not surprised, knows he can handle the job.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought he played well. I wonder how much he enjoyed being dressed down by Rodgers in the middle of the field in front of the entire country. Now he has done something that Tretter has never done and that is play in a regular season NFL game.

According to Rodgers he said Lindsey handled it fine, Rodgers seemed a tad embarrassed in how he acted.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I don't listen to his talk show so I like when others talk about what Rodgers says in it. If anything, it's probably a positive. Linsley got screamed at, possibly even unjustly, and then Linsley answered by continuing his good play. That might have caused some players to crack. It shows that if Linsley gives up a bad sack or makes a bad play that he shouldn't get rattled.

Should listen to the podcast...Lot of valuable info in them..

Why did he throw over the head of Jordy (on the left sidelines) and not run for the 1st down..Was very sure he wouldnt make it, as he saw a flash of Jordy streaking down s/l..Saw 1 also bearing down on him..Was sure he wouldnt make the 1st, so he tossed to Jordy but over tossed it.

The across the body throw 55 yards in the air, he under threw it, he thought he had enough to get to Jordy...He claims he still could have added more to it and Jordy would have scored.

Members online

Latest posts