1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Linsley Q n A

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Sep 4, 2014.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
  2. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +297
    I agree, no better test then the seahawks. He played well in the middle of that chaos w/ Sitton & Lang

3. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +1,232
    He did a good job on Thursday.

Can he play ILB?

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,069
    I thought he played well. I wonder how much he enjoyed being dressed down by Rodgers in the middle of the field in front of the entire country. Now he has done something that Tretter has never done and that is play in a regular season NFL game.

5. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,597
    At least he said all the right things about it to the media after the game.

6. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,990
    It didn't sound like the Rodgers tirade was a big deal, at least as he told it to the media. It's natural too. Rodgers had an off night and the D was feasting on us, so mix in some communications and crowd noise to create an angry QB.

Linsley played extremely well. He said that Bruce Irvin's soundbite about "praying" for Linsley threw him for a little loop. Maybe that was the case mentally but it didn't show up in the game. That was a great first showing for a rookie center.

If Tretter can't beat out Linsley he could turn into a valuable backup at both center and guard.

7. Twiddlemylobes

Twiddlemylobes Fat Tuesday Orleans

Ratings:
    +511
    Bahaha. Nice call sir. I swear that crossed my mind!

8. thisisnate

thisisnate Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +504
    If Linsley can put together even 3 or 4 decent games in a row, I'm all for putting Tretter on the back burner and using him as a rotational guy at C/G. Poor ARod has gone through way too many centers in his career already. Just... let this one play. Let him get used to one *** and one *** alone.

9. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,477
    Rodgers talked about him in his weekly radio show with Jason Wilde..

Rodgers really liked how he played--said not surprised, knows he can handle the job.

10. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,477
    According to Rodgers he said Lindsey handled it fine, Rodgers seemed a tad embarrassed in how he acted.

11. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,477

Should listen to the podcast...Lot of valuable info in them..

Why did he throw over the head of Jordy (on the left sidelines) and not run for the 1st down..Was very sure he wouldnt make it, as he saw a flash of Jordy streaking down s/l..Saw 1 also bearing down on him..Was sure he wouldnt make the 1st, so he tossed to Jordy but over tossed it.

The across the body throw 55 yards in the air, he under threw it, he thought he had enough to get to Jordy...He claims he still could have added more to it and Jordy would have scored.