Lacy doesn't want to get into reason for benching

mkonyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Someone needs to tell him that playing Madden does not equate to prep work.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think helping get his friend cut last week was a big wake-up call and we'll see him destroy the Cowboys for about 150 yds. & 2 TD's tomorrow. I also think he fell into "my prep is good enough" but will notch-it-up a bit from here through the playoffs.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think helping get his friend cut last week was a big wake-up call and we'll see him destroy the Cowboys for about 150 yds. & 2 TD's tomorrow. I also think he fell into "my prep is good enough" but will notch-it-up a bit from here through the playoffs.
Could be right.

Eddy isnt or wasnt really motivated to have football big part of his life.

So maybe he was the one not studying???

Last edited:

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could be right.

Eddy isnt or wasnt really motivated to have football big oart of his life.

So maybe he was ome not studying???
That's the problem with this team. He and and Adams are both gifted, but clearly have little love for the sport. That and/or they aren't being pushed enough by the coaches.

Le'Veon Bell cut his weight, and would likely give a detailed answer as to why he did so and how it will help his performance. Lacy is convinced that looking like an overweight middle-aged housewife in pads is a "cool" weight to be at, and not how being in better shape could help his performance and his team.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Again Lacy looked plenty motivated and looked to have the 'love for the sport' in his first two seasons and as recently as weeks 11 and 12 this season. I'm not sure how you can make either statement after watching the way he's run for the majority of his Packers career. Could he do more to prepare? Probably. But I don't see him obviously missing assignments and when he is handed the ball - or catches it - I don't see lack of effort. For example, McCarthy would prefer he not use his spin move because of ball security, and it probably exposes him more to injury. But he's used it to great effect IMO.

desertdog55

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, I didn't know Old Country Buffet was open that "late" in Detroit....lol.....jk I think he will be focused now.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has clearly put on weight this year, hasn't he? The idea that the extra weight hasn't had any effect on his ability to accelerate or change direction flies in the face of basic physics. I think the example of 10 games outweighs 2 games, especially since the problem resurfaced against the Lions.

Lacy sure lost weight pretty quickly....

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lacy sure lost weight pretty quickly....

Nah, he still looks heavy :laugh: Used that mass very, very well today though. Dragging fools everywhere. There was one shot when he got a high five from Starks and was a little bent over when his gut was legit sticking out and round. Maybe he wears a big flak jacket.

OP
OP
broguy

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did anyone catch the Joe Buck crack on his weight yesterday? After a big run, "and they'll keep feeding him...the football". I'm guessing he had that one teed up from the production meeting

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's face it. Some players need external motivation. Some are 100% self-driven. Lacy might be one of those guys, like Raji, who needs some external reason or motivation to play at full speed.

It's obvious that his weight has little to do with anything at this point.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
That's embarrassing. We should have a coach who can get the most out of players.

How is it embarrassing? Just asking.

Information is king. I would be more embarrassed if the information was there for the asking and the Packers coaches were too full of themselves to seek it out.

Last edited:

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be more embarrassed if the information was there for the asking and the Packers coaches were to full of themselves to seek it out.
The Packer coach(es) found the right button to push to get Lacy motivated and re-focused. IMHO doesn't matter what that button was, just that they were smart enough to find it. Welcome back, Eddie... just in time to help jump-start this offense for the playoff run.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
In 2013, Eddie Lacy was a Pro Bowler. In 2015, he was a disappointment. In both seasons, he averaged 4.1 yards per carry.

In 2013 Eddie Lacy was also a rookie and not as much was expected out if him. As far as a disappointment this year, I'm not sure I would place him that "high" in the negative column while he is playing in a dysfunctional offense.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Always agree, as above, on expectations (along with relativity and subjectivity). No only was he a rookie, but look at the Packer ground game that he was replacing. Had a very similar second season, too. This year, he's had three 100+ games, along with ten games under 50. Personal opinion, I'm disappointed.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers coach Mike McCarthy has put running back Eddie Lacy on notice. "He's got a lot of work to do," McCarthy said. "His offseason last year was not good enough and he never recovered from it. He cannot play at the weight he played at this year."

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
as if there were any doubts

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...thy-tells-eddie-lacy-to-shape-up-or-ship-out/

Packers coach Mike McCarthy has put running back Eddie Lacy on notice. "He's got a lot of work to do," McCarthy said. "His offseason last year was not good enough and he never recovered from it. He cannot play at the weight he played at this year."

what the crap, osponge. how did we both simultaneously dredge up this old topic?! lolol
posted like 1/2 second after you and happened to pick this old thread to do it too

Members online

Latest posts