Lacy doesn't want to get into reason for benching

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know Lacy's limited role last night has been discussed elsewhere, but I think his quotes in this article are somewhat ominous.

[http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-p...cy-declines-to-reveal-reason-for-limited-role

Something happened between Eddie Lacy's two most productive performances of the season and Thursday night’s game against the Detroit Lions.

But no one was willing to say what it was.

“I don’t feel as though that’s something I should get into yet,” Lacy said during his brief comments following the Green Bay Packers' 27-23 victory at Ford Field.

[...]

As for Lacy -- who admitted earlier in the week his third season has been“a bit of a roller-coaster, [but] it’s starting to level out" -- he said after the game that he wasn’t sure where he stands with his coaches.

“Man, that’s something I don’t know about,” Lacy said. “We’ll see as the season goes on.”]

What do you think? Is there something going on here besides inconsistent games and practices? Or am I reading to much into those quotes?

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I don't know but the first thing that came to mind is he fumbled in practice. BTW, I think the blocking was terrible on the few times he got the ball last night.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[QUOTE="TJV, post: ]I don't know but the first thing that came to mind is he fumbled in practice. BTW, I think the blocking was terrible on the few times he got the ball last night.[/QUOTE]

He seemed to me to be running hard, but there was nowhere to go.

OP
OP
broguy

broguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[QUOTE="TJV, post: ]I don't know but the first thing that came to mind is he fumbled in practice. BTW, I think the blocking was terrible on the few times he got the ball last night.

He seemed to me to be running hard, but there was nowhere to go.[/QUOTE]

I agree. And he was visibly upset with the blocking after one of his first half carries

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but i think it's obvious there is something going on. I don't think it's effort, last night he didn't get much of a chance in terms of holes to hit or number of carries to even get going so it's hard to gauge. I gotta think it's assignments or ball security in games and practice and how he's approaching it during the week or during the game. I don't want to speculate too much because I'll most likely just be wrong anyway :)

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He didn't practice hard enough or he just didn't look good.

He'll bounce back, but we should also give this new guy some carries.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I rarely trust anything said in Minnesota about the Packers, but this morning one of the radio guys said that there were rumors that Lacy was out late partying either before or after the Packers win two weeks ago. If that is true and if the team didn't find out until after the Bears game, it could be a factor. It's too far out there to hang your hat on.

My strong guess is practice and preparation.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thought Eddie was kind of a goofy introvert, not a partying type. Sounds like a bogus rumor to me, but who knows.

D

Deleted member 6794

McCarthy said that nothing happened with Lacy last week. According to the head coach it was an internal football decision with his reps.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Whatever happened it probably happened well before the game. I only conclude this because of the move and activation of Crockett.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I doubt Lacy is in the doghouse (or not a big one), or he wouldn't have seen any action. Have to then assume an injury of some sort that maybe nobody was sure of, which is why Crockett was not only promoted but active.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I gave my opinion on this in that Montee Ball thread. I'll quote it here:

Something is up with Lacy. I'm beginning to wonder if its some kind of behind the scenes drama that hasn't been leaked yet? To me, from the naked eye, it appears that he is falling out of favor with the coaching staff. I don't buy the overweight/out of shape/injury crap one bit. There is something else going on IMO. This has been going on for the whole year, sheesh!

Luckily good RB's are a dime a dozen. So it wont be any sweat off my back if Lacy's days are numbered here. Crockett looked promising and Starks is Starks. Hell, we won a damn SB with Brandon Jackson at RB. Maybe Montee Ball can bring something to the table and get revived being back in Wisconsin.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think whatever is going on Lacy is divorce type material, but that's just a guess. I think Eddie is a professional and will stick his nose to what it needs to be stuck to and the staff will give him ample opportunity to get back on track. At least that's my hope. I think he's better than either of the other guys we have and when running like we've seen him capable of he's clearly the starter for this team.

Not sure what Ball brings. The fact that nobody has him on a roster all year worries me. I thought he'd do a bit more in the NFL, but I think he had an issue with ball security and that won't win him any snaps here.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's why I think something's up. We have 3 HB's and 2 FB's- and we bring in another HB for a workout a day after bringing in Crockett, who played and played well. In and of itself , makes no sense. Ulterior motive, anyone?

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Missing curfew may be part of last week's story regarding not preparing enough. Young guys, different town, more fun to go out than stay in and study game-plan. Harris is gone, and Lacy is semi-benched until there's a better option for him. Not looking good that he continues to require disciplinary attention. :tdown:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
One guy gets cut and another semi-benched. I realize you don't cut Lacy, but would have been more impressed with coaching if they had made him inactive. Maybe Lacy was the designated driver?