Lacy doesn't want to get into reason for benching

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, yeh, quite agree. Just didn't get that out of 'intertia'. Thanks.

objects in motion tend to stay in motion, objects at rest tend to stay at rest. Its one of the few things I remember about last night. I mean about high school.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McGinn wrote the article about the TT and McCarthy not cutting players....and then bam. They cut Harris, demote Lacy, and bring in Montee Ball and four other WRs for workouts. Losing your paycheck motivates 98% of the population.

I wouldn't say 98% of the Packers players are worried about losing their paychecks. Maybe the bottom 5 on the roster but that's about it. Cutting Harris and not Lacy proves it. Two guys, same infraction (as far as we know) very different disciplinary actions. I seriously doubt, if it had been Starks and Lacy, that Starks would have been cut.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm guessing they were each other's wing men and they were hitting the clubs looking for gals. Pretty sure there were more eligible black women in Detroit than GB and they let something other than their brains do the thinking. :(. TT/MM took away Lacy's carousing-pal hoping he re-focuses on his job. Too bad Oprah's not still on TV for him to try finding a girlfriend (e.g. Dorsey Levens).

I'd just leave it at "eligible women" If they were out looking to get laid something tells me the color of the woman's skin wouldn't matter.

LarrysCrookedFinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, yeh, quite agree. Just didn't get that out of 'intertia'. Thanks.
Property of matter to remain in its existing state of motion unless acted upon by an external force. Increases in proportion to the amount of mass. Meaning since he has increased his mass, it requires either more force or more time for him to change direction. Sorry, didn't mean to get too technical or anything.

LarrysCrookedFinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no doubt he hasn't performed up to the level of his first two seasons with the Packers. His weight isn't one of the reasons for it though as he has proved to be productive vs. the Vikings and Bears.

He has clearly put on weight this year, hasn't he? The idea that the extra weight hasn't had any effect on his ability to accelerate or change direction flies in the face of basic physics. I think the example of 10 games outweighs 2 games, especially since the problem resurfaced against the Lions.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has clearly put on weight this year, hasn't he? The idea that the extra weight hasn't had any effect on his ability to accelerate or change direction flies in the face of basic physics. I think the example of 10 games outweighs 2 games, especially since the problem resurfaced against the Lions.

Considering there is a giant list of reasons a RB could perform poorly, it doesn't make sense to assume he gained weight simply due to poor performances.

Captain's point was that if it were a weight problem making him worse, he'd be affected every game as the weight wouldn't change much from week to week.

LarrysCrookedFinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Considering there is a giant list of reasons a RB could perform poorly, it doesn't make sense to assume he gained weight simply due to poor performances.

Captain's point was that if it were a weight problem making him worse, he'd be affected every game as the weight wouldn't change much from week to week.
And my point is that unless you're arguing against physics, there's no way his added weight hasn't cost him in acceleration and agility. Perhaps if he wasn't so tubby this year he would have gotten even more yards in those two games. You simply can't gain 15-20 lbs and it not have an effect.

D

Deleted member 6794

He has clearly put on weight this year, hasn't he? The idea that the extra weight hasn't had any effect on his ability to accelerate or change direction flies in the face of basic physics.

I'm not sure Lacy has put on extra weight though. He's always been a big back and with the team, according to reports, not fining him once this season for being overweight I think there are other reasons for him being ineffective.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And my point is that unless you're arguing against physics, there's no way his added weight hasn't cost him in acceleration and agility. Perhaps if he wasn't so tubby this year he would have gotten even more yards in those two games. You simply can't gain 15-20 lbs and it not have an effect.

How do you even know he gained weight? You're under the assumption he has for sure.

LarrysCrookedFinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How do you even know he gained weight? You're under the assumption he has for sure.

Well either that or he's shifted a lot of weight to his gut. He looks a lot bigger than 2 year ago and I'm not even close to being the only one to notice. I'm surprised you haven't.

mkonyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's just hiding the WR's hands under his shirt, that's why he looks bigger.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Such as?

I have a hard time thinking it's a weight issue considering he has had good games.
Putting on an extra 10-15 doesn't make you a completely useless runner. But he looks a bit flabby for a running back IMO. He can still contribute, though I do think he'd be playing Better with a little less weight.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO, any extra poundage Lacy may or may not have is not an issue.
He's a naturally thick guy; if he dropped below 200 lbs he'd probably look sickly.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone denying that Lacy has added weight probably also still disputes that the world is round. What is debatable is whether or not it has affected his performance.

Personally I believe it's his attitude that is sluggish. He is still an effective runner at this weight but only when he wants to be, and he's struggling to motivate himself each week.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Personally I believe it's his attitude that is sluggish. He is still an effective runner at this weight but only when he wants to be, and he's struggling to motivate himself each week.
I think it has more to do with the blocking in front of him and the number of carries he gets. He got back on track as recently as the Vikings and Bears games by running for a combined 205 yards on 39 carries (5.3 avg.) – he had 23 and 21 touches in those games compared to 6 vs. the Lions. I don’t think he found – and then lost motivation over that span.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone denying that Lacy has added weight probably also still disputes that the world is round. What is debatable is whether or not it has affected his performance.

Wait ... the world is what now?

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score

BLASPHEMY!!!!!