"KUUUUUUUUUUUUHN' to become an echo?

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kuhn's time with the Packers was up. He was a fan favorite, but very replaceable. Good luck this year, but not heart broken in any way. Can't say I'll miss the fullback inside handoff on 3rd-and-3.

D

Deleted member 6794

Kuhn's time with the Packers was up. Can't say I'll miss the fullback inside handoff on 3rd-and-3.

The Packers handed off the ball to Kuhn on third or fourth down with three yards to go exactly once during his tenure with the team with that play resulting in a first down.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers handed off the ball to Kuhn on third or fourth down with three yards to go exactly once during his tenure with the team with that play resulting in a first down.

WOW! Let me simplify my previous statement:

I have no idea if that stat is true and really don't care. I'm excited to never see the football in Kuhn's hand ever again.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Not sure how someone can not miss John Kuhn, with or without the ball in his hands? but ok.

280 carries (including receptions), 23 TD's and only 1 fumble. Beside what he did with the ball when given the chance, his blocking and chemistry with AR is going to be missed. Hoping Rip is ready to fill some big shoes.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kuhn's time with the Packers was up. He was a fan favorite, but very replaceable. Good luck this year, but not heart broken in any way. Can't say I'll miss the fullback inside handoff on 3rd-and-3.

I liked Kuhn from a sentimental viewpoint, and he made some heady plays for the Pack. I am, however, quite ready to move on and develop a younger guy. It's time.

Kuhn was the kind of back that if you needed a yard, he could get you a yard. And if you needed three yards, he could get you a yard.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the bond between Kuhn and Packers fans is something only a Packers fan will understand. It's strange one of the things I will miss the most is hearing the crowd yell KUUUUUUHNNN at away games. I will miss him on the field as well for short carries. I understand the changing of the guard and wish both Kuhn and Rip the best respectively. I'll still take a moment to lament a Packer legend leaving the field but certainly not quick to fade from our hearts. I'd love to see him back in a Packers uniform but even if that day never comes no matter the uniform I will remain a Kuhn fan and may he also never forget us.

So one last time....

KUUUUUUHNNN!!!!!!

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FB is really a dying position. Hope Kuhn does well with the Saints this year though, what a great teammate and locker room guy.

D

Deleted member 6794

I liked Kuhn from a sentimental viewpoint, and he made some heady plays for the Pack. I am, however, quite ready to move on and develop a younger guy. It's time.

Hopefully Ripkowski performs on a higher level when his number is called during the season compared to his play against the Browns. Otherwise the Packers might regret letting Kuhn walk away.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watched him score a TD for the Taints.

Didn't hear the obvious Kuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhnnnnn that usually followed.

I miss him.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not only did he score but made that nice catch that would have probably been dropped by the intended receiver to save the Paints!

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know I shouldn't unearth this thread, but I am sitting here watching the Saints / Vikings game. I suddenly realized what jubilation I would feel if John Kuhn would be the one to run the ball in for a TD to win the game! Just saying'.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
now he had two seasons with the saints, so how can it work that he retires "as a packer"

i was a Kuhn fan, but this just seems to be one of those american wierdisms, like calling the superbowl winners the "world champions"

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Time to re-resurrect this old thread as we say goodbye to Kuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhn.

John Kuhn announced his retirement today and he will retire as a Packer.

Thanks John, will always remember the chant!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...er-green-bay-fb-john-kuhn-retires-as-a-packer

How could any football fan not love this guy? A real throwback to the era of three yards and a cloud of dust.

And the block he made on Julius Peppers that allowed the Rodgers pass to Cobb against the Bears.....That will live in Packer lore forever.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
one of those american wierdisms, like calling the superbowl winners the "world champions"

Well if you stop and think about it, what other "Football" team is going to beat the American Super Bowl winner? But yeah, I can see where that could rub non-Americans the wrong way, especially "Soccer" fans. :whistling:

Much like American Baseball calls it "The World Series". When in reality, except for the Blue Jays, its just American Teams. Oddly enough, a "World Champion" in Baseball is crowned each year in the World Baseball Classic.

https://www.worldbaseballclassic.com/

D

Deleted member 6794

Well if you stop and think about it, what other "Football" team is going to beat the American Super Bowl winner? But yeah, I can see where that could rub non-Americans the wrong way, especially "Soccer" fans. :whistling:

Much like American Baseball calls it "The World Series". When in reality, except for the Blue Jays, its just American Teams. Oddly enough, a "World Champion" in Baseball is crowned each year in the World Baseball Classic.

https://www.worldbaseballclassic.com/

The World Baseball Classic is played every four years only. Actually I don't care about the NFL, MLB or NBA crowning their championship as World Champions as no other team in the world would stand a chance against either of them.

BTW there's a world championship being held in American football every four years as well with the USA having won the title all three times when participating although having to abide by extremely restrictive criteria that make most American football players ineligible for the team.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts