1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

"KUUUUUUUUUUUUHN' to become an echo?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Packerlifer, May 13, 2016.

1. Packerlifer

Packerlifer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +517
  2. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,795
    I don't think this comes as a surprise.

3. C-Lee

C-Lee Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +378
    Kuhn is a Packer legend.

4. SoonerPack

SoonerPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +376
    I hate seeing JK go but drafting RIP last year served as the proverbial writing on the wall. Kuhn was over appreciated by some and greatly under appreciated by others. What I will remember him most for was his team first mentality and more times than not finding a way to get the chains moved. As a 30+ year Okahoma resident and proud Sooner fan I feel good about the torch being passed to Ripkowski. He has many of the same positive attributes JK has and a motor that won't stop. He's a load to bring down, a fantastic run blocker, pretty good in pass pro and possesses under rated hands. 22 has a lot to live up to but I for one think he's going to be the next solid, if not great, Packer FB. Thanks for all the memories and for one last time...KUUUUUUUUUUHN!

5. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Ratings:
    +2,941
    Always interesting to read articles that are written based on "from a source". Especially, when one articles "source" contradicts another articles "source" and both articles released on the same day. So do you believe Greg Matzek's or Ryan Wood's source in regards to Kuhn?

Wood's article: http://www.packersnews.com/story/sp...ations-ongoing-between-packers-kuhn/84244522/

Personally, I don't think the Packers have completely shut the door on a fan favorite and lunch pail kind of guy like Kuhn. However, they may just be waiting to see if they actually need him and that might not be until Sept.

• Like Like x 1
  6. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,640
    Ripkowski showed a lot of promise on special teams last season but didn´t play a lot of snaps on offense. It´s possible he will develop into a decent fullback but the Packers still showing interest in Kuhn makes me believe the coaching staff isn´t convinced so far.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,640
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. tynimiller

tynimiller Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +331
    If Rip can't pass protect like Kuhn...I think the chance is ever present for Kuhn to be back.

I will forever remember his block on Peppers....

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Pokerbrat2000

Ratings:
    +2,941
    That block not only won us the NFC North Title but according to Peppers himself, cost him his job in Chicago. So I guess we have Kuhn to thank for bringing JP to GB too :tup:

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-locker-room-report/article-1/Julius-Peppers-says-John-Kuhn-‘cost-me-my-job’/e128fbda-504f-409a-96af-5ff59fdb9cea

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,042
    I'll miss him. A great team player.

11. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,795
    I don't think the door is shut on Kuhn either, but it's going to be a situation where he's available, and the Packers circumstances have changed considerably from what they are now. I do not expect him to be signed unless someone cant' do the job, or someone is injured and Kuhn is still available.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Pokerbrat2000

Ratings:
    +2,941
    I also don't think there are a lot of teams lining up to sign Kuhn. Sure he is a decent fullback, but his ultimate value is his knowledge of the Packer system, being in tune with AR and of course....us fans love to shout his name! Been working on my "Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip" but let's see what happens.

Last edited: May 13, 2016
  13. SoonerPack

SoonerPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +376
    He is one year in with limited snaps so naturally he isn't going to be to the level of JK yet. For the right price why would they not show interest in a proven guy, well versed in the system? I don't think that's an indictment of RIP rather a testament to how solid a pro John is/has been.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,640
    The Packers currently don't have a good blocking tight end being a lock to make the team which in my opinion increases Kuhn's value to the team.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. alien visitor

alien visitor Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    What a great prospect to climb the coaching ladder.

• Like Like x 1
  16. mongoosev

mongoosev Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +102
    the main reason why we go the to games is so we can yell "Kuuuuuuuhn!" haha

17. sschind

sschind Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +509
    According to one post I read, it may have been on another site, It wasn't that great of a block. Kuhn essentially tripped and fell in front of Peppers on that play. It looks a little more than that to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Pokerbrat2000

Ratings:
    +2,941
    LOL.....never believe a post written by a butt hurt Bear fan....Kuhn tripped?? LOL

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,640
    I don't know where you read it but I would never ever go back to that site. It's completely stupid to suggest Kuhn tripped on that play.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    He's been our most successful 3rd and 4th down short yardage option, even though he wasn't used much. And he showed up every week. Good man. He'll be missed.

21. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +653
    one of my alltime favorites, see profile pic. was hoping for one more season. he has a nose for football, is reliable, and great in must get short yard situations. not to mention, pure packer material, no bad headlines from this guy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Twiddlemylobes

Twiddlemylobes Fat Tuesday Orleans

Ratings:
    +521
    There's something about Kuhn's gametime reliability and his non game positive influence that he brought to the GB community that will always be cherished.
    He's been a rock and these decisions are tough. Tough leaders have to make tough decisions and that's what this year has become regarding him.

23. PackerDNA

PackerDNA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +941
    I still believe Kuhn ends up on the roster opening day.

24. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,042
    I Do hope so :tup:

25. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,640
    A lot of Packers fans tend to forget that Kuhn has a higher percentage of first downs in short yardage situations on third and fourth down than Lacy and Starks. I don't see any reason to not bring him back on a veteran minimum deal.