"KUUUUUUUUUUUUHN' to become an echo?

D

Deleted member 6794

In 2014, when our line was ranked no. 8 in the league in run blocking (by DVOA), we ranked only 25th in "power"(success on 3rd or 4th w 2 yds or less to go), and 24th in "stuffs" (number of times stopped at or behind LOS). Much of that failure is due to blocking. Campen's lines have averaged 17th in run blocking over the last 9 years. The only outstanding line he's been in charge of was the line he inherited in 2007, which had been in the top 1 or 2 under Beightol.

As I've said before I mostly like Football Outsiders stats but I don't agree with their method of evaluating offensive lines.

I don't know. I never quite understood why they keep bringing him back, other than him being a fan favorite. His value is not what it used to be, and he's getting older.

The coaching staff still puts a lot of value into Kuhn's talent and knowledge of the offense as evidenced by his increased number of snaps during the last few weeks of the 2015 season.

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i hope he doesn't go quietly into the night myself. i think he proved last year that he is still an asset to this team. his knowledge of the offence helped later in the season when he got more snaps after the O had been struggling for some time

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was an addition to the team, that was easily overlooked. In fact, I'd have to double check this, we carried 3 FB's on the roster around then and pretty sure he was among the 3. Korey Hall, Kuhn, and I'm not sure whom else.

What a contributor, still hope he finds his way back

It's kind of funny to me, that a FB wearing #30 was that much of a factor enough to "forget" who wore #30 previously (Ahman Green).

http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...ce-Squad/9e93f4d5-5aa4-11df-a3b6-528cc843f916

D

Deleted member 6794

In fact, I'd have to double check this, we carried 3 FB's on the roster around then and pretty sure he was among the 3. Korey Hall, Kuhn, and I'm not sure whom else.

You´re right about that. The third fullback on the Packers 2010 Super Bowl winning team was Quinn Johnson.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
The coaching staff still puts a lot of value into Kuhn's talent and knowledge of the offense as evidenced by his increased number of snaps during the last few weeks of the 2015 season.
It could be that the coaching staff and Rodgers are starting to feel the same way about Starks.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Possibly, but Starks increased snap count in 2015 was a result of Lacy being out of shape.
I think the organization feels that Starks is a valuable contributor and understands the offense well. I think he's a good guy to have on the roster.

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't know if Quinn was the 3rd...I'd have to look it up later

You don´t have to look it up because I know it was Quinn Johnson. I realize that you have a hard time believing other posters though so here´s a link to the Packers 2010 roster.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/102501654.html

I think the organization feels that Starks is a valuable contributor and understands the offense well. I think he's a good guy to have on the roster.

I agree that Starks is a good guy to have on the roster but he´s not worth $3 million a season.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree that Starks is a good guy to have on the roster but he´s not worth $3 million a season.

Well the signing took place at a time when it is still uncertain as to Lacy's long term physical status. Starks is a known and trusted professional. Perhaps staff and mgmt don't have the same faith in Lacy yet. Also, with Kuhn's contract expired, the plan all along may have been to not re-sign Kuhn leaving Starks as the only known entity in the backfield. In that context, 3 million/year for two years seems ok imo.

Reaction score
I'm happy for Kuhn getting on another program. Football is his life and he's probably got a couple years in the tank still

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While Kuhn was good at pass protection his short yardage
Running was abysmal. He has absolutely no burst and ran up the *** of his blockers when he got the ball because his vision was like he couldn't turn his neck. I never got the the whole Kuuuhn thing either by some of the fans. While Kühn was a decent guy he certainly wasn't the dynamic player that would ordinarily be a crowd pleaser. I wish him luck in NEW Orleans and he still can be a valuable player protecting a qb when the O line is bad or banged up.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
any name fans can say that sounds like they're booing, but they're not really booing will get chanted on every play regardless of how impactful it was. it's an unwritten rule of sports

D

Deleted member 6794

While Kuhn was good at pass protection his short yardage
Running was abysmal.

Kuhn converted 65.2% of his short yardage runs into a first down over his tenure with the Packers. That number is only slighty below the team average of 66.7% since 2007 and far from abysmal.

Members online

Latest posts