Klemm article from CBS Sportsline

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guard Adrian Klemm went back to New England in early June to take part in the Patriots' ring ceremony. In Foxboro, Klemm collected the third of his three Super Bowl rings.

It wasn't long, however, before Klemm high-tailed it back to Green Bay. Having missed 54 of a possible 80 games during an unfulfilled five-year stint in New England, he desperately sought a change of scenery when he became an unrestricted free agent in March.

"I had been through a lot over the years there and I was the first pick under coach Bill Belichick, and it was a lot of pressure," said Klemm, who signed a two-year, $2.6 million deal March 16 to join the Packers. "I really don't think the media understood that most of the injuries I had weren't from me not training hard or anything like that. They're just kind of things that were out of my control. So it was a frustrating situation."

Klemm is ticketed to start at left guard, the position which Mike Wahle played with distinction for the last four seasons.

After being drafted in the second round out of Hawaii in 2000, Klemm missed 11 games of his rookie season with a knee injury and dislocated elbow.

In 2001, he missed the entire season with a torn calf muscle.

In 2003, he went on injured reserve early in the season with an ankle injury.

Last year, he suffered a broken foot two weeks into the season and spent the rest of the year on injured reserve.

As bad as the rehabilitation was, Klemm felt equally frustrated that he was unable to explain the extent of his injuries to reporters because of Belichick's nonsensical policies regarding injury dissemination.

"The way this team (Green Bay) handles injuries and the media here is entirely different than the way they handle it in New England," he said. "They don't tell the press anything. I had major knee surgery and they thought I sprained my knee. When I broke my foot two years in a row, and this last break I had was actually a fracture, it was a rare bone break. They really didn't know how to diagnose it so I had to go to New York for them to take care of it.

"None of that ever came out. They said, 'He injured his foot," and so that's what kind of makes it difficult on the player's part. They see your stuff in your locker but they never really see you because they kind of hide us from everybody. So you never really get to explain your side of the story."

At this point, Klemm says he is completely healthy. The Patriots still liked his potential and tried to sign him.

"Only time will tell," he said. "I expect to become the starter. I'm not trying to disrespect anybody else but I didn't come here to be a second stringer or a backup or anything like that."

Copyright (C) 2005 The Sports Xchange. All Rights Reserved.

----

I'm not concerned....at all....about the Packers offensive line.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've said it before but this guy's injuries tend to happen fro the stronger guy who hold there position on the line and get rolled into.

I compare them along the lines of Gilbert Brown's injuries.

Some say injury prone and broken down. So be it.

Between Flanagan, Wells, Ruegamer, Tauscher, and the new guys Coston and Whittaker, we will have an effective line.

This guy keeps saying he is happy to be in Green Bay.

He can either be the best pick up of the off season or one of the worst.

Pray for his health.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully the change of scenery will change his luck and he can stay healthy all season. Sounds like he has had some bad breaks in the past(pun intended) but has some talent. Obviously him playing well would go a long ways towards solidifying our O line.

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys that are happy to be in Green Bay...

And eager to PLAY.

God bless'em.

Nice pick up by, TT. Good up side. Take a shot.

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks the Packers offense will not suffer with the loss of Mike Wahle and Marco Rivera is just kidding themselves.

Matt O'Dwyer and Adrian Klemm have a lot to prove.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good story Net. I can't go everywhere and read a the articles this sure helps.

I love a player who is still hungry after getting 3 rings (No doubt he doesn't feel he has earned them.) and really wants to prove his worth.
Now if he could only long snap too. :wink:

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:
Anyone who thinks the Packers offense will not suffer with the loss of Mike Wahle and Marco Rivera is just kidding themselves.

Matt O'Dwyer and Adrian Klemm have a lot to prove.

good replacements, not a lot of money, guard is the easiest position to replace, and with flanagan back this line could take off again...not to mention grey ruegammer on call just in case...

uwbadger12000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:

Honestly, are you actually a Packer fan? The losses of the two O-Linemen won't hurt as much as you think they will. I am not kidding myself when I say that you are overrating the losses of the guards. The Packers O may go from top five to six or seven. And the D got better, so I see another division championship coming our way. Everybody is overrating the signing of Williams for Minny. Nobody tested the Vikings inside because ig #93 was waiting for them, so they ran outside and were successful. Williams can't help the LB's tackle. The LB's got worse, even with the pickups of Harris and Cowart. I think they suffered a big loss with Claiborne. They still don't have a kicker or punter that is any good (and don't say Edinger is good).

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks the Packers line will have a huge drop off is kidding themselves and has no respect for Flanigan's talents returning or Brieghtol's talent for coaching.

It is common knowledge that team feel guards are easier to replace and put less importance on them. Teams won't hesitate to pick a tackle as high as the first overall player picked in the draft and are commonly in the top ten. Guards are lucky if they get picked in the top twenty five. I feel that is one area teams make a mistake because it is a basic principle in sport that teams have to be strong up the middle to win. So I certainly hope we have good solid play up the middle and I believe we will. It may not be Pro Bowl level, but I believe it will be solid. Flanigan's will make up for the loss of one player at least. So as a whole we will be fine.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
net said:
I'm not concerned....at all....about the Packers offensive line.

I was worried at first when I heard of Rivera and Wahle leaving, after reading more and more expert opinions stating the Guard position is the easiest to fill on a roster I felt more at ease. It does make sense that the Tackles and Center are the more difficult to replace with quality. Correction, for me it makes sense

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts