Jolly's attorney not helping the Packers

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://http://www.greenbaypressgaze...-leaves-Packers-guessing-on-2010-availability

Jolly's attorney is delaying the hearing, forcing the Packers to make a decision on Jolly's tender not knowing if he will be serving a suspension by the NFL next year or what his possible jail time will be.

Is Jolly playing hard ball with the Packers, or is this delay really in his best interest as far as his legal woes? I guess we are talking only 600,000 difference in pay.

Regardless of money I would like to know what Jolly's availability next year as soon as possible if I were TT. This would help as far as the Packers plans in the draft and free agency.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Jolly is charged with possession of at least 200 grams of codeine in the form of cough syrup, which is mixed with soda to make a mind-altering drink called “lean,” while in a parking lot of a Houston nightclub in July 2008."
WTF!?
It's not like he was hurting someone like an underage teenage baby sitter by ****** her like a former Packer player.
And he was using a legally sold drug to get high? So what!?
The drug laws in this country are seriously ****** up.
If I wanna get high on a drug that won't kill me, I'll go to prison.
But I can go out and buy all the cigs and booze that will kill me, and I can still be a free man.
Do drugs that give you pleasure. Go to jail.
Do drugs that make you dumb. No problem.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a lot of problems with drug policies in pretty much every country.

But I have a crazy theory, that those illegal drugs would eventually compete in the same market as the booze and cigarettes, had them be legalized.

It's a big hypocrisis, to say the least. Ban all health-damaging drugs, or permit all of them.

Because dependency of alcohol and cigarette is very real, if that is the point they want to make.

Anyway, what you're gonna do...

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I have a lot of problems with drug policies in pretty much every country.

But I have a crazy theory, that those illegal drugs would eventually compete in the same market as the booze and cigarettes, had them be legalized.

It's a big hypocrisis, to say the least. Ban all health-damaging drugs, or permit all of them.

Because dependency of alcohol and cigarette is very real, if that is the point they want to make.

Anyway, what you're gonna do...

They should at least legalize pot. I haven't smoked pot since I was in college, but they should legalize it and tax the **** out of it. Money problems solved.

A1MEANGREEN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They should at least legalize pot. I haven't smoked pot since I was in college, but they should legalize it and tax the **** out of it. Money problems solved.

you sure got that right. i just dont understand their way of thinking. oh yeah it leads to harder drugs. well if they had told the truth about pot to start with just maybe people would believe it when people said coke and crack was killer drugs. oh well thats the way it is:scratch:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to mention that if you make it exclusive for the government to sell, you finish with all drug lords, you regulate the use, every drug addict or anyone who wants to buy will have to do so in the government's term.

It'll end a big portion of organized crime, as well as generate profit for the government...