Lazard Situation...

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Can't be good for team morale if one of the displaced guys was well liked.
Agree. Everyone has an ego and just like posters here, some of the Jets players might have mixed emotions on what Rodgers brings to the table. Does he give them a better QB? For sure, but at what cost.

Now I know someone is going to spit back with "But, most of the players on the Packers loved the guy, never said anything bad." While true on the surface, how sure are you to say that? Also, we are talking about Players that played with Rodgers for several years and a team that Rodgers had been on since 2005.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree. Everyone has an ego and just like posters here, some of the Jets players might have mixed emotions on what Rodgers brings to the table. Does he give them a better QB? For sure, but at what cost.

Now I know someone is going to spit back with "But, most of the players on the Packers loved the guy, never said anything bad." While true on the surface, how sure are you to say that? Also, we are talking about Players that played with Rodgers for several years and a team that Rodgers had been on since 2005.
There were several reports that AR was not well liked by his teammates. I tend to believe this as he stated he didn't really hangout with the younger players. Also, when he did show up at TC last season, his behavior was different smiling and waving. Dressed like Nicholas Cage, chatting with young players.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
There were several reports that AR was not well liked by his teammates. I tend to believe this as he stated he didn't really hangout with the younger players. Also, when he did show up at TC last season, his behavior was different smiling and waving. Dressed like Nicholas Cage, chatting with young players.
I was listening to a talk show this morning (Bill Schmid). They were talking about Rodgers change in attitude in New York. One guy said "well, he needs to bond with these guys, because they are all new and things like learning his cadence and hand signals is very important." To which the other guy perfectly said "well, he didn't seem to care a whole lot about those things with the new, young receivers that showed up for OTA's in Green Bay last year."

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah...

"Hey Watson, I know you don't know the play xyzlmnop yet, but pay attention to my cadence because if I pause here and not there, it switches it to xyzlmnoq but only after a silent 3 count and the twitch of my right index finger"

That's what they work on in OTA's, i'm sure of it...

Reaction score
yeah...

"Hey Watson, I know you don't know the play xyzlmnop yet, but pay attention to my cadence because if I pause here and not there, it switches it to xyzlmnoq but only after a silent 3 count and the twitch of my right index finger"

That's what they work on in OTA's, i'm sure of it...
I like that play. I think Jordan could be really successful with that. Now that we don’t have NY Bozo anymore :coffee:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And let's not forget the Packers' trade for John Hadl. I know, too painful to think about even now.
Dan Devine. Left Starr who had virtually no coaching experience with a pretty empty gas tank.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah that's a good summary. It really does seem that the only reason Rodgers wants these guys on the team is because he likes them personally. I get the sentiment, but I never worked with someone whose job was otherwise saved because we were friends. (I also wasn't a future HOF QB, but should that matter?)

As for Bakh and Crosby - when healthy there's probably not a better LT than Bakh. but the long and spotty recovery from the knee issue, and age, is concerning. As for Crosby, I love the guy but a kicker in today's NFL has to have 90% touchbacks, or something like that. He had a great run in GB, but it's time to move on.
Unless you are lucky enough to have another roster player who has the distinct ability just to boom them out of the end zone and let the regular kicker put them through the uprights. But that is rare.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you have a link to a story in which a player actually said something like that?
Do you actually think a player is going to tell a reporter, "Rodgers is a real pl#$@@! and I don't like him."?

When you hear it from several sources in the media, you see a pattern of behaviors with his family, when you hear local talk, and when only 2 players speak out in his defense and other players "chose their words carefully", and when you see how he interacts with players on the sidelines and during practice, you can come to some conclusions.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
When you hear it from several sources in the media, you see a pattern of behaviors with his family, when you hear local talk, and when only 2 players speak out in his defense and other players "chose their words carefully", and when you see how he interacts with players on the sidelines and during practice, you can come to some conclusions.
If it isn't in PFF or direct quotes from Rodgers, it didn't happen. :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 6794

Do you actually think a player is going to tell a reporter, "Rodgers is a real pl#$@@! and I don't like him."?

I don't care about talking heads throwing Rodgers under the bus to create clicks for their websites. The players who actually played with him shared a completely different opinion (Keisean Nixon for example). Of course you don't care about that as it doesn't fit your narrative.

If it isn't in PFF or direct quotes from Rodgers, it didn't happen. :rolleyes:

Direct quotes from players or coaches who have actually shared the locker room with Rodgers would be a decent start. Of course we all know you won't be able to find any aside of Finley and Jennings.

Strange how they want direct quotes, but when they hear it from Gute, they don't believe him.

When did Gutekunst say that Rodgers wasn't liked by his teammates?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I believe Lewis was on the Packers due to Rodgers. He is not a play maker and his blocking ability went down last season. I'd be surprised if he made any squad besides the Packers last season and won't make any this year. That is, unless Rodgers gets the Jets to sign him.
Lewis is/was a very good blocker, for a TE, but he only had 57 receptions for the Packers in 5 seasons, Tonyan had 53 last season. So as much as I like Lewis, he has become a one dimensional player. Might as well just line up a 3rd Tackle, occasionally make him eligible and throw a few passes to him.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Lewis is/was a very good blocker, for a TE, but he only had 57 receptions for the Packers in 5 seasons, Tonyan had 53 last season. So as much as I like Lewis, he has become a one dimensional player. Might as well just line up a 3rd Tackle, occasionally make him eligible and throw a few passes to him.
Amen. While blocking is an important facet, The problem with it is I feel like we get complacent with our TE group and they turn into a fixed role in that capacity. Tonyan said that’s what happened to him a couple seasons ago in an answer to why his receiving production dropped significantly.

Imo. The best TE is one that keeps opponents guessing. They need to be just good enough to burn the Defense a few times per game for a nice receiving gain. Marcedes was gradually losing that ability these last couple seasons. I see Kraft as more universal. I see Musgrave leaning more relevant as a Pass catching TE. He’s too athletic not to send on receiving Routes very regular

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is correct. And when you do not have complementary talent at that position it limits what the offense can do. Recall that Lewis fumble in the 9er game was the turning point in that contest. We were about to go up 2 scores and we never recovered. In the open field Lewis had a tendency to carry the ball with one hand. Even for a monster like himself that is a fundamental flaw.

Reaction score
This is correct. And when you do not have complementary talent at that position it limits what the offense can do. Recall that Lewis fumble in the 9er game was the turning point in that contest. We were about to go up 2 scores and we never recovered. In the open field Lewis had a tendency to carry the ball with one hand. Even for a monster like himself that is a fundamental flaw.
Yes. I think having Lewis almost unintentionally gave us a false sense of security in covering up OL blocking Deficiencies. Instead of being able to work as an in-line TE, he became a Pseudo OT dedicated safety net.
That also similarly happened to Tonyan the other year and his Receiving capacity diminished rapidly. Tonyan mentioned that when being interviewed by Pat McAfee in his mobile trailer.

The Lewis bandaid has been ripped off and it’s time to address (or dress) the Wound with some fresh bandages

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes. I think having Lewis almost unintentionally gave us a false sense of security in covering up OL blocking Deficiencies. Instead of being able to work as an in-line TE, he became a Pseudo OT dedicated safety net.
That also similarly happened to Tonyan the other year and his Receiving capacity diminished rapidly. Tonyan mentioned that when being interviewed by Pat McAfee in his mobile trailer.

The Lewis bandaid has been ripped off and it’s time to address (or dress) the Wound with some fresh bandages
Makes you appreciate Bubba Franks while he was here. Blocked well for Ahman Green, caught passes down the seam from Favre, and in the red zone he was dangerous.

Last edited:

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Makes you appreciate Bubba Frank's while he was here. Blocked well for Ahman Green, caught passes down the seam from Favre, and in the red zone he was dangerous.

Don't remember him making many catches down the seam...i remember him being more of a lumberer than a seam splitter

Finley was a seam splitter thats what both Musgrave and Kraft could be like

Members online

Latest posts