If the Amish were running the draft

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe the strength of this draft is from 20 to 50ish. Therefore, I would try to get as many picks in this are as possible – as the players are all about the same level. I rank our needs as TE, S, WR, OT, DT

TRADE Aaron Rodgers and 4.116 for NYJ 2.42, 2.43

I would stay at 15 and pick
DT Jalen Carter
ED Anderson, Wilson
OTs Johnson, Skoronski, Jones
WR JSN

But they are all gone

1.15 TRADE
GB trades 1.15 and 5.149 for New Orleans 1.29 and 2.40

Much to Packer fans chagrin, we completely trade out of the first round.

1.29 (Saints) TRADE
GB trades 1.29 and 3.78 for Seattle’s 2.37 and 2.52

2.37 TE Darnell Washington (RAS 9.78) Not sure he lasts this long. He is unbelievable size and speed. But he didn’t play as smooth in the passing game, however, at the combine he looked really good movement wise. I think there is a lot of possibilities there in the passing game. At the moment, he is an elite blocker and will pick up where Mercedes Lewis drops off.

2.40 OLB Isaiah Foskey 6’5” 260 (RAS 9.32) An ascending player who should continue to elevate his game. Very athletic lots of leadership traits. Holds the all time sack record for Notre Dame. Loves football and is dedicated to improving his game. With his physical skills and his attitude – could develop into a force at the next level. There is a group of OLBs, 7 or 8, who are right there with Foskey. There should be a good one still here, a few have already gone off the board: McDonald, White, and Adebawore. Ojulari, Tuli, and Anudike are also available and are about to go.

2.42 OT Cody Mauch 6’5” 302 (RAS 8.77) – Very athletic and an aggressive blocker with good run blocking technique. Very raw in the passing game. A lot to work with here. If he can develop as a pass protector, put 10-15 lbs of good weight on him – he could be a force. Needs a good dentist.

2.43 WR Cedric Tillman – 6’3” 213. (RAS 9.22) Very big and very physical. Has excellent hands and is the master of the contested catch. Is very aggressive, but didn’t test as fast as he plays. Had a horrible 3 cone, but seems very good in his breaks when running routes. Very reliable hands and will be appreciated by Love.

2.45 DT Keeanu Benton – 6’4” 315 (RAS 8.65) Great run stuffer and was making strides in the pass rush department. Very powerful and plays with leverage – a former wrestler. This is a projection that he will continue to develop as a pass rusher. Changed from Mazi Smith (6’3” 337) because Benton has more upside and could do 5T.

2.52 Jartavius ‘Quan’ Martin 6’0” 195 (RAS 8.95)– Quan is an impressive athlete with 4.46 speed and a 44” vertical. He is an excellent all-around secondary player – having played CB, Slot, Free and Strong safety. We know the Packers like flexibility. He is a sure tackler who is aggressive in the run game. His coverage skills improved significantly in his last 2 season and finishing with a defensive QB rating of 70.2.

4.117 Traded

5.149. Traded

5.170 TE Josh Whyle 6’6” 248 (RAS 8.98) In a TE heavy draft, some are bound to stick around later than one could reasonably expect. Good athlete, good hands, and will aggressively fight for the ball. Will help Love. Was a teammate of Deguara.

7.232 RB Evan Hull 5’10” 205 (RAS ?) – Very athletic scat back but will need to learn to block in pass protection.
7.235 S Josh Proctor 6’2” 205 (RAS ? ) – Should do better than he does given his physical skills – but he gave up a lot of yardage. But – he will get a shot in the NFL because he is fast and a very aggressive hitter. Sounds like a good ST pick, the first of 3.
7.242 CB Terrell Smith 6’0” 204 (RAS 8.57)– Wasn’t going to be drafted – got beat deep too often, but had a great Shrine bowl. Not sure where he ends up. But Should be good on STs.
7.256 S Brandon Hill 5’10” 193 (RAS ?) Special teamer. Fast and usually hits people hard – but sometimes appears soft. Will likely be continually aggressive if just on STs.

There you have it.

I think I got 2 probable starters in Washington and Martin.

Foskey (until Gary gets back) and Mauch (at guard) may get some starts

Benton and Tillman will start getting snaps early in the season and progressively get more. Tillman starts in 3 receiver sets.

Whyle makes the team and sees the field. He will be a year or two away.

The 7th rounders? – bound to be a good Special Teamer in the bunch. Anything beyond that is a pleasant surprise.

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My unofficial amateur list of my top non QB 12 guys is on another thread. My next tier QBs (& 1 RB) included reaches 40 total players. Tier 3 adds 20 more. So my goal would be to have 2 picks in the top 40 and another 3 before #60 assuming they get a 2nd from the Jets.

Last edited:

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe the strength of this draft is from 20 to 50ish. Therefore, I would try to get as many picks in this are as possible – as the players are all about the same level. I rank our needs as TE, S, WR, OT, DT

TRADE Aaron Rodgers and 4.116 for NYJ 2.42, 2.43

I would stay at 15 and pick
DT Jalen Carter
ED Anderson, Wilson
OTs Johnson, Skoronski, Jones
WR JSN

But they are all gone

1.15 TRADE
GB trades 1.15 and 5.149 for New Orleans 1.29 and 2.40

Much to Packer fans chagrin, we completely trade out of the first round.

1.29 (Saints) TRADE
GB trades 1.29 and 3.78 for Seattle’s 2.37 and 2.52

2.37 TE Darnell Washington (RAS 9.78) Not sure he lasts this long. He is unbelievable size and speed. But he didn’t play as smooth in the passing game, however, at the combine he looked really good movement wise. I think there is a lot of possibilities there in the passing game. At the moment, he is an elite blocker and will pick up where Mercedes Lewis drops off.

2.40 OLB Isaiah Foskey 6’5” 260 (RAS 9.32) An ascending player who should continue to elevate his game. Very athletic lots of leadership traits. Holds the all time sack record for Notre Dame. Loves football and is dedicated to improving his game. With his physical skills and his attitude – could develop into a force at the next level. There is a group of OLBs, 7 or 8, who are right there with Foskey. There should be a good one still here, a few have already gone off the board: McDonald, White, and Adebawore. Ojulari, Tuli, and Anudike are also available and are about to go.

2.42 OT Cody Mauch 6’5” 302 (RAS 8.77) – Very athletic and an aggressive blocker with good run blocking technique. Very raw in the passing game. A lot to work with here. If he can develop as a pass protector, put 10-15 lbs of good weight on him – he could be a force. Needs a good dentist.

2.43 WR Cedric Tillman – 6’3” 213. (RAS 9.22) Very big and very physical. Has excellent hands and is the master of the contested catch. Is very aggressive, but didn’t test as fast as he plays. Had a horrible 3 cone, but seems very good in his breaks when running routes. Very reliable hands and will be appreciated by Love.

2.45 DT Keeanu Benton – 6’4” 315 (RAS 8.65) Great run stuffer and was making strides in the pass rush department. Very powerful and plays with leverage – a former wrestler. This is a projection that he will continue to develop as a pass rusher. Changed from Mazi Smith (6’3” 337) because Benton has more upside and could do 5T.

2.52 Jartavius ‘Quan’ Martin 6’0” 195 (RAS 8.95)– Quan is an impressive athlete with 4.46 speed and a 44” vertical. He is an excellent all-around secondary player – having played CB, Slot, Free and Strong safety. We know the Packers like flexibility. He is a sure tackler who is aggressive in the run game. His coverage skills improved significantly in his last 2 season and finishing with a defensive QB rating of 70.2.

4.117 Traded

5.149. Traded

5.170 TE Josh Whyle 6’6” 248 (RAS 8.98) In a TE heavy draft, some are bound to stick around later than one could reasonably expect. Good athlete, good hands, and will aggressively fight for the ball. Will help Love. Was a teammate of Deguara.

7.232 RB Evan Hull 5’10” 205 (RAS ?) – Very athletic scat back but will need to learn to block in pass protection.
7.235 S Josh Proctor 6’2” 205 (RAS ? ) – Should do better than he does given his physical skills – but he gave up a lot of yardage. But – he will get a shot in the NFL because he is fast and a very aggressive hitter. Sounds like a good ST pick, the first of 3.
7.242 CB Terrell Smith 6’0” 204 (RAS 8.57)– Wasn’t going to be drafted – got beat deep too often, but had a great Shrine bowl. Not sure where he ends up. But Should be good on STs.
7.256 S Brandon Hill 5’10” 193 (RAS ?) Special teamer. Fast and usually hits people hard – but sometimes appears soft. Will likely be continually aggressive if just on STs.

There you have it.

I think I got 2 probable starters in Washington and Martin.

Foskey (until Gary gets back) and Mauch (at guard) may get some starts

Benton and Tillman will start getting snaps early in the season and progressively get more. Tillman starts in 3 receiver sets.

Whyle makes the team and sees the field. He will be a year or two away.

The 7th rounders? – bound to be a good Special Teamer in the bunch. Anything beyond that is a pleasant surprise.
Love it! My only question is, are we moving Watson or Doubs to the slot or we depending on Touri or Melton to take that spot? I feel like we should add someone to address that wide receiver position specifically and this is a strong draft for that type of receiver.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love it! My only question is, are we moving Watson or Doubs to the slot or we depending on Touri or Melton to take that spot? I feel like we should add someone to address that wide receiver position specifically and this is a strong draft for that type of receiver.
Thanks!

I think we need a veteran brought in. And not Davis from the NYJ. A strong lockerroom guy who can mentor our young WRs.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My unofficial amateur list of my top non QB 12 guys is on another thread. My next tier QBs (& 1 RB) included reaches 40 total players. Tier 3 adds 20 more. So my goal would be to have 2 picks in the top 40 and another 2 before #60 assuming they get a 2nd from the Jets.
I recall a study a while back that showed that round 2 was the best value in the draft. I believe it. Also a bit of the adage of not putting eggs all in one basket. Spread the risk!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I recall a study a while back that showed that round 2 was the best value in the draft. I believe it. Also a bit of the adage of not putting eggs all in one basket. Spread the risk!
I was going to agree with your first post, but this post is exactly what I agree with, at least in this draft. Like many drafts, that first round will depend on how many QB's go and just how early. If a lot are selected prior to our #15 pick, then I say grab one of the top 10 guys who fell because of that, if it fills a big need. Otherwise, yeah, trade back and accumulate as many picks in the 30-60 range.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't imagine them actually pulling that off to accrue 6 picks in round two, but I love your taste in prospects.

Btw...

Evan Hull: 9.32
Brandon Hill: 8.55
I was getting confused. I would find multiple RASs for the same player. Updating for pro days? Different formulas?

All the trades were in the chart realm. But yeah, everyone realizes the tier level and the chart will go out the window.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just am not a Cody Mauch guy but it is not because he isn’t good it is because I think his best position is actually center with his T. rex arms lol.

Dude has a tenacity which is gonna serve him well

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just am not a Cody Mauch guy but it is not because he isn’t good it is because I think his best position is actually center with his T. rex arms lol.

Dude has a tenacity which is gonna serve him well
I think he could be a monster RG. He's ferocious when run blocking... pass blocking... ya.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually think Hullseventh is less likely than Darnell in that spot - love both prospects though.

As a whole really appreciate the prospects here.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I was getting confused. I would find multiple RASs for the same player. Updating for pro days? Different formulas?

All the trades were in the chart realm. But yeah, everyone realizes the tier level and the chart will go out the window.

Probably pro days. RAS.football has all of Kent Lee Platte numbers up to date.

I don’t have a problem with any one of your trades. We just never see a team actually be that active up and down the board and accumulate that many picks in one round.

Reaction score
I was going to tell you my ideas. Then I remembered the you were running the draft.. and it made me feel very small and unworthy :coffee:

D

Deleted member 6794

We just never see a team actually be that active up and down the board and accumulate that many picks in one round.

I agree that it's unrealistic to happen but the Ravens ended up with six selections in the fourth round last year. Of course that included two compensatory picks as well.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I agree that it's unrealistic to happen but the Ravens ended up with six selections in the fourth round last year. Of course that included two compensatory picks as well.

Yes, it’s more common in the middle to late rounds.

Reaction score
Yes, it’s more common in the middle to late rounds.
It’s a really fun concept. I’ve been moving around (especially back) and if the board fell closer to the Consensus, we’d be wise to stop at #29

It would be pretty neat to have a 29th and 40th plus likely a 2nd Rounder from the Jets (42nd) and our natural 45th and only lose our #116.
I’d stop there though. I really feel like there will be a prospect that was top 20-25 area sitting at our #29. We get a bonafide 5th year option, Day 1 player.
There’s going to be some really dynamic players in that 25-45 area that are strong prospects, however we’d be getting the leftovers at 40,45. I’d use our late 4th rounder to move up. If a 4th let us move up 4 spots for Jordan Love yo #26, then a late 4th should get us roughly ~6 spots here. I’d use our 45,149, 7th and move up to get the Raiders 38 overall. I’d then use 78 in a slight trade back with Bengals (92) and garner a later 4th area stab.
So we’d have a better lock on that earlier clump.

29 OT, Darnell Wright

38 TE, Darnell Washington
40 DT, Mazi Smith
42 Edge, Will McDonald IV

92 WR, Jonathon Mingo

131 S, Brandon Joseph

170 QB, Thompson-Robinson

235 LB, Mohamoud Diabate
242 RB, “CanRun” over Peoples
256 TE, “Quick 1step” Davis Allen

That’s 10 stabs with 5 earlier and 5 later. I might add, think we’ll bring in 1 veteran WR on the cheap to bring some experience to that group.

Last edited:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
It’s a really fun concept. I’ve been moving around (especially back) and if the board fell closer to the Consensus, we’d be wise to stop at #29

It would be pretty neat to have a 29th and 40th plus likely a 2nd Rounder from the Jets (42nd) and our natural 45th and only lose our #116.
I’d stop there though. I really feel like there will be a prospect that was top 20-25 area sitting at our #29. We get a bonafide 5th year option, Day 1 player.
There’s going to be some really dynamic players in that 25-45 area that are strong prospects, however we’d be getting the leftovers at 40,45. I’d use our late 4th rounder to move up. If a 4th let us move up 4 spots for Jordan Love yo #26, then a late 4th should get us roughly ~6 spots here. I’d use our 45,149, 7th and move up to get the Raiders 38 overall. I’d then use 78 in a slight trade back with Bengals (92) and garner a later 4th area stab.
So we’d have a better lock on that earlier clump.

29 OT, Darnell Wright

38 TE, Darnell Washington
40 DT, Mazi Smith
42 Edge, Will McDonald IV

92 WR, Jonathon Mingo

131 S, Brandon Joseph

170 QB, Thompson-Robinson

235 LB, Mohamoud Diabate
242 RB, “CanRun” over Peoples
256 TE, “Quick 1step” Davis Allen

That’s 10 stabs with 5 earlier and 5 later. I might add, think we’ll bring in 1 veteran WR on the cheap to bring some experience to that group.
I think Wright, Washington and McDonald are all gone before you have them slotted.

Reaction score
I think Wright, Washington and McDonald are all gone before you have them slotted.
I do to. I’m just California Dreaming.
I once Projected myself replacing Tommy and dating Pamela Anderson but that didn’t work out too good!

I always use Aaron Rodgers as an example. He was slotted potentially going #1 overall. I’m at least being reasonable as I’m not slotting a Top 10 player in the 30’s etc.

Good chance both TE Darnell and OT Darnell go in the back side of Day 1. I see McDonald open Day2. Although there’s another 6-7 other players I can say the same thing, someone won’t get picked that early though

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts