My the season is over and I'm bored Mock Draft 2023

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey gang,

As the topic says..so here we go. Doing the draft on mockdraftdatabase.com So we're drafting currently at 13 not updated to I think another poster had us at 9.

13: To start Miami offers a 2 and a 4 in 2024 for #13. I can't do this, I need THIS years picks not next year so with the 13th overall selection of the 2023 draft our Green Bay Packers select Peter Skoronski Tackle Northwestern. Admit it's about a 5% sentimental pick but if you can get the grandson of a former multi-time Championship winning player and he's rated above the draft slot *he was 9th rated player* you take him

43: Offered a 3rd and a 6th in 2024 by Tampa for #43...not doing it. So with the 43rd pick of the 2023 draft our Green Bay Packers select Brian Branch Safety Alabama. I know the last time we drafted a Nick Saban coached safety it didn't go well, but we need Safety help, and this seems like a safer pick right now. Usually Saban's players do really well in the NFL

74: Offered a 4 in 2024 a 5 and 6 in 2023 by Dallas...seems a bit light for a third won't be taking it. Also offered a 4, 5, 6 and 7 in 2024 by Indy, not taking it for reasons mentioned above. Third trade offer is a 4th in 2024 and a 6th this year. I can't do this either. So with the 74th pick in the 2023 NFL Mock Draft our Green Bay Packers select Blake Corum running back Michigan. I've seen this kid play a lot, smaller guy can hit smaller holes easily. I'm wondering when Jones breaks down or skills recess, Corum is a good plan for the future.

111: Offered a 5 this year and a 5 and 6 next year by Buffalo, can't take it, not enough. Offered a 5th and 7th this year by Washington, can't take it because it's an early 7th and I'd like to get a pick in the 240s or 250s. Offered 2 5ths by Seattle this year, gonna take this next pick is now at 141.

141: Offered a 6th and 7th this year by the Rams, don't want to take this because there are players coming up soon I would rather have. Offered the same by the Pats, not taking it, same reasons. With the 141st in the 2023 Mock draft our Green Bay Packers select Sam LaPorta TE Iowa. If this kid didn't have Petras and the worst OC in the country he would be a 3rd or higher easily. Good skill set. Possibly an Tonyan upgrade?

145: Raiders offer 184 and 230, not taking it. Vikings offer 205 and 213, really not taking this trade. With the 145th pick in the 2023 Mock draft our Green Bay Packers select Mike Morris DL Michigan. Very surprised he is available this low. He is Michigan's pass rush this year. Suspect he'll be a 2nd rounder in a real draft situation.

154: Offered 198 and 233 by Patriots, not making this trade, doesn't seem like enough for a 5th. With the 154th pick in the 2023 Mock Draft our Green Bay Packers select Colby Wooden DL Auburn. Admittedly I'm a huge Auburn fan and I see this kid a lot. Like his motor, skills are a bit raw. Project maybe by year 3. Maybe a better Lancaster/Lowry guy.

171: Patriots offer 201 and 218. Intriguing but it leaves me without a 6th, so I can't do this. Also offered 216 and 242 by the 49ers, won't do this for the same reason. With the 171st pick in the 2023 Mock Draft our Green Bay Packers select Owen Pappoe LB Auburn. This is a need. I'm not thrilled with the linebacker play this year, especially last night it seems like Ty Summers could've outplayed Quay Walker last night. Pappoe is insurance at the very least. I KNOW he's better than McDuffie, and who knows maybe he's an Ahman Green type late round home run.

228: With the 228th pick in the 2023 NFL Mock Draft our Green Bay Packers select Ricky Stromberg IOL Arkansas. I like Stromberg, seen alot of him this year. Think he's not JUST a C, and from what I can tell he's better than Hanson. Is he a backup center? YES. Is he a starting guard. Possibly. Depth pick here

229: With the 229th pick in the 2023 NFL Mock Draft our Green Bay Packers selection Mohamed Ibrahim RB Minnesota. Same type of back as Corum, if not for a knee injury in 2021, probably is a 2nd round pick. If he's 2020-2021 Mo, he's the absolute STEAL of the draft. If not he's a depth guy that maybe ends up on Special Teams.

Thoughts?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand the engines do all these trade offers, however I'd ignore them for the most part LOL

In truth you ended up with some players I like.

Peter is legit arguably one of the top 3 tackles in the draft, so no one should reasonably be upset leaving Day 1 with him value wise.

I do grade some RBs with Day 2 grades, but I'm firmly in the camp of their draft value just isn't high enough to pick unless a bonafide future HOF type before Day 3. So I like the Michigan kid but cannot do it....only world I see this as palatable is if Jones gets cut for money.

I'm a fan of Sam in that early Day 3 range if there.

I know the others but haven't formulated a very strong personal opinion to argue for or against...I will say drafting Ibrahim after taking Corum is just not logical draft process. We have Patrick Taylor and Goodson both in house behind Dillon even if Jones leaves...that's arguably the only thought process of the draft I'd change.

OP
OP
R

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand the engines do all these trade offers, however I'd ignore them for the most part LOL

In truth you ended up with some players I like.

Peter is legit arguably one of the top 3 tackles in the draft, so no one should reasonably be upset leaving Day 1 with him value wise.

I do grade some RBs with Day 2 grades, but I'm firmly in the camp of their draft value just isn't high enough to pick unless a bonafide future HOF type before Day 3. So I like the Michigan kid but cannot do it....only world I see this as palatable is if Jones gets cut for money.

I'm a fan of Sam in that early Day 3 range if there.

I know the others but haven't formulated a very strong personal opinion to argue for or against...I will say drafting Ibrahim after taking Corum is just not logical draft process. We have Patrick Taylor and Goodson both in house behind Dillon even if Jones leaves...that's arguably the only thought process of the draft I'd change.
On Ibrahim if he's the guy he was before the injury he would be the best back on the roster. I live in B1G country and before the injury I was looking at him going 'he's gonna turn UW and Michigan's defenses into swiss cheese.'

Members online

Latest posts