Joe Whitt / Winston Moss FIRED - merged threads

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why just Joe Whitt? Team came out flat and has it appears no interest in this game. Half the team stayed in the hot tub and the other half said f*** it. Since the middle of 2014, this team refuses to play 4 quarters. It looks obvious MM has lost the team some time ago. They don't play 4 quarters, get epidemics of injuries and continue to make one dumb mistake after another.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why just Joe Whitt? Team came out flat and has it appears no interest in this game. Half the team stayed in the hot tub and the other half said f*** it. Since the middle of 2014, this team refuses to play 4 quarters. It looks obvious MM has lost the team some time ago. They don't play 4 quarters, get epidemics of injuries and continue to make one dumb mistake after another.

MM has nothing to do with the injuries to Cobb and Allison (among others).

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll tell you man, Whitt has ruined Ha Ha. I was thanking my yellow stars the refs didn't throw the yellow when Golladay breezed by him and just missed that TD type throw.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He should really get fired as soon as this game is done. He keeps on having our DBs do the same thing week in and week out.

bgrice91

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't even be mad at Whitt when you have first round picks who will miss action over a hang nail. King I'm talking about you

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't even be mad at Whitt when you have first round picks who will miss action over a hang nail. King I'm talking about you

King played all game today.

Whitt is a lousy DB coach and must be canned. Surely we could hire LeRoy Butler to coach these guys up, he knows what he's doing.

Conso

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am so tired of the Packers secondary breaking down. Guys getting lost in coverage, guys not covering, guys who cant tackle, interference calls, etc. How many years have we been seeing this and who is the one guy who has been in the organization since 2008? How many games are we going to see average or below average QB's and receivers have career games against the Packers?

Please, I don't want to hear that he made Sam Shields a Pro Bowler, every blind squirrel finds a nut!

We have secondary players leaving Green Bay and playing much better with other teams.

Time to get rid of Whitt before he finds a way to ruin King, Jackson and Alexander.

Every blind squirrel finds a nut, lol, never heard that one before but I like it. Also agree with you about ruining our CB's, Jaire would have what, 3 int's already if it wasn't for 2 deleted from penalties? Would love to see him become a Pro-Bowler.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Joe Whitt isn't going anywhere. Remember MM almost gave him the DC job? Whitt will be here for as long as MM is here.

GB2016

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am so tired of the Packers secondary breaking down. Guys getting lost in coverage, guys not covering, guys who cant tackle, interference calls, etc. How many years have we been seeing this and who is the one guy who has been in the organization since 2008? How many games are we going to see average or below average QB's and receivers have career games against the Packers?

Please, I don't want to hear that he made Sam Shields a Pro Bowler, every blind squirrel finds a nut!

We have secondary players leaving Green Bay and playing much better with other teams.

Time to get rid of Whitt before he finds a way to ruin King, Jackson and Alexander.
Especially HAHA...he's not very good. Terrible ball skills. Very seldom does he read the play and make any kind of movement towards the play. Also, does not like to hit. It's like playing with 10 men on defense.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Especially HAHA...he's not very good. Terrible ball skills. Very seldom does he read the play and make any kind of movement towards the play. Also, does not like to hit. It's like playing with 10 men on defense.

We definitely need a new free safety for sure. But we gotta send Whitt packing before he turns our two stud rookie corners into duds.

Get that goofball Whitt out of here.

D

Deleted member 6794

Stafford completed only 53.8% of his passes for a paltry 183 yards. The pass defense wasn't the reason the Packers lost the game.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Is this our standard response to bad runs ? Fire everybody ? Jeez.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont understand how this thread is going hot all of a sudden. People just wanting to blame things I guess?

Wanna blame something blame the turnovers from a hall of fame bound QB, missed kicks, and inablility to put the ball in the end zone. Everyone think we need new plays, how about Graham doesn’t trip and Rodgers throws a better ball for starters.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Joe Whitt isn't going anywhere. Remember MM almost gave him the DC job? Whitt will be here for as long as MM is here.

I'm thinking if Pettine isn't happy with the job Whitt is doing or has any bones about working with him, he'll be the first out the door. Not to mention the firing of Capers likely put him on notice that that secondary had better improve or he's gone.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wanna blame something blame the turnovers from a hall of fame bound QB, missed kicks, and inablility to put the ball in the end zone. Everyone think we need new plays, how about Graham doesn’t trip and Rodgers throws a better ball for starters.

Git outta this thread with that fancy logic talk...

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Posting here isn't blaming the loss yesterday on Whitt, although I will say there were plenty of mistakes made by guys in the Secondary that they shouldn't be making. This is the cumulative effect of seeing a group of guys that should be playing better and individually/collectively they just aren't. Did the secondary do anything big yesterday to pin the loss on them? Probably not and they were saved a few times by penalties on what would have been big plays. But I would also ask; Did the secondary do anything to help win this game? Nope.

One of the consistent things I have heard about guys that have played under Whitt are...."Gosh they looked really good last week, last season, what happened?" When you spend as much draft capital on the secondary, on players that do from time to time flash talent, but then it disappears, I have to start looking for a common thread and in my mind that is Joe Whitt.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stafford completed only 53.8% of his passes for a paltry 183 yards. The pass defense wasn't the reason the Packers lost the game.

Maybe you don't need to run up big stats when you're up by three scores.

Last edited:

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont understand how this thread is going hot all of a sudden. People just wanting to blame things I guess?

Nobody is blaming any one person or thing for yesterday's loss. Problem is an ongoing DB development and regression issue that the OP explained pretty well.

The team as a whole whether it's Rodgers, Crosby, the OL and especially our WRs and front 7 will get better, I'm certain of that. But there's a lot of ongoing bad habits in this secondary that are still going on despite multiple personnel changes.

Pettine is new and I have plenty of patience for him to get things rolling. Whitt is old news though and I'm certain when his old boss was fired he was told in no uncertain terms after Pettine got the job that he'd better pick his game up or he would follow his old boss out the door.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t know how many times announcers have said “HAHA was just a little late getting there.” I heard it at least 3 times yesterday alone!! If you actually watch the game and UNDERSTAND football and responsibilities HAHA is trying to jump routes and guess versus doing his responsibility. He’s trying to get interceptions which is costing us on the backend. HAHA isn’t foolish...ints are the sexiest stat for a DB, and with this being a contract year for him he’s taking more chances going for the big play so that he can get paid. He’s playing selfish and leaving the corners out to dry. King didn’t play that great yesterday but the first touchdown on his side was completely HAHAS fault running to try and jump a phantom fade route and vacating the middle of the field leaving it wide of for an easy touchdown. Undisciplined both him and Brice. I’d look to call Kansas Citu before the deadline and see if they’ll take him for a 2nd...if not then see if Dallas will.

H

HardRightEdge

This is odd timing in calling for Whitt's head.

So, this was a first half that included 3 turnovers, 3 missed FGs in the 75 - 85% range which equated to 3 additional turnovers, and a 24-0 deficit. That tells the story.

The D-backfield is vastly improved by any measure with 2 rookies and a starting perimeter corner chronically injured.

Shouldn't this have at least waited until the D-backfield is a clear culprit in a loss?

Last edited by a moderator:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Posting here isn't blaming the loss yesterday on Whitt, although I will say there were plenty of mistakes made by guys in the Secondary that they shouldn't be making. This is the cumulative effect of seeing a group of guys that should be playing better and individually/collectively they just aren't. Did the secondary do anything big yesterday to pin the loss on them? Probably not and they were saved a few times by penalties on what would have been big plays. But I would also ask; Did the secondary do anything to help win this game? Nope.

One of the consistent things I have heard about guys that have played under Whitt are...."Gosh they looked really good last week, last season, what happened?" When you spend as much draft capital on the secondary, on players that do from time to time flash talent, but then it disappears, I have to start looking for a common thread and in my mind that is Joe Whitt.

Maybe they have invested so much on the secondary while ignoring building a pass rush?

Matthew's is past done and the other guys are just average. They have to blitz to get any pressure whatsoever. I just feel they have put the cart in front of the horse here as far as building this defense.

D

Deleted member 6794

Maybe you don't need to run up big stats when you're up by three scores.

While that's definitely true for the number of total yards Staffprd threw for his completion percentage and yards per attempt (7.0) weren't impressive by any means.

Latest posts