Joe Whitt / Winston Moss FIRED - merged threads

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I am so tired of the Packers secondary breaking down. Guys getting lost in coverage, guys not covering, guys who cant tackle, interference calls, etc. How many years have we been seeing this and who is the one guy who has been in the organization since 2008? How many games are we going to see average or below average QB's and receivers have career games against the Packers?

Please, I don't want to hear that he made Sam Shields a Pro Bowler, every blind squirrel finds a nut!

We have secondary players leaving Green Bay and playing much better with other teams.

Time to get rid of Whitt before he finds a way to ruin King, Jackson and Alexander.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can take a horse to the pool, but can't make him drink. It's ridiculous to blame House and Brice on Joe. They are just hopeless.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Samuel George Shields III!!!

Game, set, match.

You can't take a horse to the pool, but can't make him drink. It's ridiculous to blame House and Brice on Joe. They are just hopeless.

You want me to list all the players that HAVEN'T been successful under Whitt's coaching?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'm curious, go ahead.
  1. Randall
  2. Rollins
  3. Hayward
  4. Brice
  5. Waters
  6. House
  7. Jones
  8. Dix
  9. Goodson
  10. Every other UDFA CB not named Shields.
Whitt was the CB coach from 2009-2017 and this year he is promoted to being in charge of the Secondary. I have no clue what crossover he has had in the past with Safeties prior to this year.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
  1. Randall
  2. Rollins
  3. Hayward
  4. Brice
  5. Waters
  6. House
  7. Jones
  8. Dix
  9. Goodson
Whitt was the CB coach from 2009-2017 and this year he is promoted to being in charge of the Secondary. I have no clue what crossover he has had in the past with Safeties prior to this year.
Randall is good, and was good. Rollins was good and never played another meaningful healthy snap again. Hayward was good, and then injured for 2 years and then good and then gone. UDFA, UDFA, House has never been great anywhere, Jones has barely seen the field, Dix sucks and another UDFA?

now show me the list of all the other coaches that are taking UDFA and turning them into pro bowlers.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Randall and Rollins were good for the Packers? That's news to me. Hayward is a much better player in San Diego than he ever was in Green Bay. House actually played much better his 2 years in Jacksonville.

If people want to say Joe Whitt is a great CB/Secondary coach strictly because of what he did with Shields, I really don't think they have been watching the countless other guys that Whitt has coached through the years.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Randall was pretty good his rookie year and Rollins was better than pretty good. How soon you forget. Do I really need to post the same articles again from 3rd party rating sites, beat writers and former NFL players on the state of the packers DB's after their rookie seasons? House got ****ing benched his 2nd year in Jacksonville and that was what 4 years ago? he's not hitting his prime

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
  1. Randall
  2. Rollins
  3. Hayward
  4. Brice
  5. Waters
  6. House
  7. Jones
  8. Dix
  9. Goodson
I don't see them having great career elsewhere. Most are failures, end of.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Randall was pretty good his rookie year and Rollins was better than pretty good. How soon you forget. Do I really need to post the same articles again from 3rd party rating sites, beat writers and former NFL players on the state of the packers DB's after their rookie seasons? House got ******* benched his 2nd year in Jacksonville and that was what 4 years ago? he's not hitting his prime

Randall and Rollins both looked promising as rookies, but they were also first and second round picks and had Sam Shields playing at the same time. Then what happened to them after that? I know that you are going to say injuries, but based on the way that they played when healthy, I would say poor coaching is more to blame.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't see them having great career elsewhere. Most are failures, end of.

Yes Hayward has sucked in San Diego.

I wish it was the end of the story, yet we just saw poor play again in the secondary today. With the amount of draft resources that the Packers have invested in the secondary during Whitt's tenure, he should have had more to show for it then just turning Shields into a Pro Bowler. But if you are of the thinking that his one success story gives him a free pass for the rest of his career in Green Bay, I'm not going to try and change your mind.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I agree. Whitt is keeping the Capers stink in this unit and preventing Pettine from unleashing the machine that stifled Tom Brady back in the day. I also think HHCD needs to go join Randall on the Browns.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes Hayward has sucked in San Diego.

I wish it was the end of the story, yet we just saw poor play again in the secondary today. With the amount of draft resources that the Packers have invested in the secondary during Whitt's tenure, he should have had more to show for it then just turning Shields into a Pro Bowler. But if you are of the thinking that his one success story gives him a free pass for the rest of his career in Green Bay, I'm not going to try and change your mind.
Not really we lost Hyde and Hayward to from t office decisions. Shields was lost to injury. And the new set of CBS absolutely sucked till this past 2 drafts. I just don't see Joe to be held responsible for these.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
i think a player that has worked with joe knows how he handles the job...

https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/Bolt/Charles-Woodson-wants-Joe-Whitt-to-be-Green-Bay-Packers-new-defensive-coordinator--113085241/

\

Jason Wilde of ESPN Wisconsin believes if the Packers are looking for an in-house candidate to replace Capers, it should be Joe Whitt who's the team's cornerbacks coach. Wilde asked Woodson to back him up on this and the former Packer 100 percent agreed with the suggestion.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Ryan Roessler @RyanRoessler

· Dec 31, 2017

Replying to @jasonjwilde and 2 others
If Joe Whitt is an option, wish they would’ve given him the reigns this week and fired Capers earlier

Charles Woodson @CharlesWoodson

% agree

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I sure hope at a bare minimum that Ha Ha gets shipped out at the end of this season, his instincts and play recognition are beyond bad.

D

Deleted member 6794

It's close to impossible for fans to fairly evaluate the work of a position coach but the performance of the secondary over the past few seasons has been abysmal. That is especially concerning considering the fact that the team has spent seven (!!!) first or second rounders on either cornerback or safety over the past five drafts. At some point Whitt should be held accountable.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Joe Whitt has got to go. Our guys are getting lost out there with Tate and Golladay and are not getting any effective communication.

I really don't believe it's the scheme, I think it's the way they're being coached to recognize plays. And I'm in no way attempting to let Capers off the hook or say that his firing was unjustified, but Whitt has practically coached every DB in his and now Pettine's scheme.

To me, these results are damning on Whitt and if I'm Mike McCarthy, I'm firing Whitt and letting Pettine advocate bringing someone in that he's worked with either from his days in New York or Cleveland.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah never liked Whitt. He’s not a coach, he’s “one of da boyz” that’s why the players like him.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why just Joe Whitt? Team came out flat and has it appears no interest in this game. Half the team stayed in the hot tub and the other half said f*** it. Since the middle of 2014, this team refuses to play 4 quarters. It looks obvious MM has lost the team some time ago. They don't play 4 quarters, get epidemics of injuries and continue to make one dumb mistake after another.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts