Joe Mixon in the 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I would distance myself from this guy in round 7. He clearly came in agitated trying to pick a fight. We all make mistakes, sure, but punching a woman in the face with your fist hard enough to knock her out cold??

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I wonder how all the people who are somehow defending this guy and saying the Packers should draft him would feel if their daughter or niece brought Mixon home and said "Dad/Uncle, I love this man, we are getting married!". If no hairs rise on the back of your neck or something doesn't feel right, chances are, all you are concerned with is your own life, not that of your daughters, niece's or future children of. For Mixon's sake, I hope this one event changes his life in a positive way, but if the mere nature of it and his lack of remorse since isn't a red flag to you, than nobody but you has the ability to change how you perceive things.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Not sure why you are pointing this out. Do you want posters to respond only on those Joe Mixon threads or are you just pointing out the redundancy of Joe Mixon news, even on the News Bots posts?

While I appreciate the "New Bots" postings, since they are usually new and pertinent information, I have found that replying to them is somewhat meaningless for a few reasons. Typically, nobody else replies and the thread ends there. Two, someone usually has already or quickly makes a new thread with that information. If the news is a topic of interest, it than gets commented on.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure why you are pointing this out. Do you want posters to respond only on those Joe Mixon threads or are you just pointing out the redundancy of Joe Mixon news, even on the News Bots posts?
The second point mainly but also that other teams are also willing to let his past slide at the moment. When the clock starts ticking at their turn is when we'll see who blinks.
FWIW I think Ted is throwing a smoke screen on this.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
FWIW I think Ted is throwing a smoke screen on this.

Possibly, to feign interest in order to trade back with someone who might want Mixon with the #29 pick? If that is the case, I would have prefered that the Packers didn't spend any money or time bringing Mixon into GB. Even if it turns out to be a grand ploy by TT that improves his draft, to the average reader, it still looks like the Packers are possibly considering Mixon.

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they do draft Mixon then everyone who hates him can either get on board or just go find another team to cheer for. However, most teams have a player or two that have a suspicious background.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
If they do draft Mixon then everyone who hates him can either get on board or just go find another team to cheer for. However, most teams have a player or two that have a suspicious background.

Lol...

Support the guy who hits women or get lost!

Man, sometimes you really see true colors coming out on the internet.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder how all the people who are somehow defending this guy and saying the Packers should draft him would feel if their daughter or niece brought Mixon home and said "Dad/Uncle, I love this man, we are getting married!". If no hairs rise on the back of your neck or something doesn't feel right, chances are, all you are concerned with is your own life, not that of your daughters, niece's or future children of. For Mixon's sake, I hope this one event changes his life in a positive way, but if the mere nature of it and his lack of remorse since isn't a red flag to you, than nobody but you has the ability to change how you perceive things.

Just playing devil's advocate here. If Joe Mixon had punched a man ... Does this change anything for you? For me the gender of the victim is not as significant as the fact that there was a victim in the first place.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live in Oklahoma. I attend many Sooner games every year. I knew about Mixon when OU was recruiting him out of Cali. He made a tremendous mistake that night. It will haunt him for a lifetime and rightfully so. However, anyone saying he isn't sorry for what he did or hasn't taken steps to make things right is clueless. I don't mean to offend in saying that but it's the truth. Whether it's the Daily Oklahoman, The Tulsa World or local sports talk radio, this topic has been discussed and dissected 6 ways from Sunday here in OK. Joe had no issues coming to Norman. He was highly thought of and it was well known he wasn't a party guy. He doesn't drink and do much of the other stuff most kids like to partake in. All that changed the night he hit Ms. Molitor. The kid did the worst thing you could do in that situation. It doesn't matter what sort of racial slurs she was dropping on him. It doesn't matter how hard she slapped him. Joe should've walked away and he now knows that. He's been working with kids, telling his story and how it was dead wrong for him to hit that woman. He has been doing tons of community stuff since the incident but that doesn't get reported. I know from beyond credible sources the young man has been and will continue to do everything he can to grow from this mistake and hopefully keep a few others from doing the same. From a talent standpoint, Mixon is the most talented RB in this draft. Period. He has size, speed, moves, vision and hands good enough to be put in the slot on a regular basis and blend in seamlessly. I don't foresee Joe having any further issues in the league. His track record tells me this and his actions since the event do too. Again, what he did was despicable. I am a Christian and believe in forgiveness and second chances. I hope Joe can continue on the proper path and reach his full potential both on and off the field. Whatever team lands this kid is going to be getting a Top 10 talent.

Feel free to flame me if you disagree but I thought it was time someone close to and very familiar with all the details said something about this kid. Be good y'all.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Just playing devil's advocate here. If Joe Mixon had punched a man ... Does this change anything for you? For me the gender of the victim is not as significant as the fact that there was a victim in the first place.

I consider the act more or less heinous to the degree that that the victim was able to defend him or herself. Had he been pushed by a man his size and he slugged him, I wouldn't care. If he struck a little kid, I would want him locked up 5 minutes ago. A woman half his size is somewhere between those two. If it was a man, but that man was disabled, it would be even worse.

The reason why gender is often such a factor in people's thinking is that (generally speaking) women are physically more vulnerable than men. It's about defending the weaker people in society from the abuse of the stronger (in terms of physical strength, and again speaking in broad terms).

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I live in Oklahoma. I attend many Sooner games every year. I knew about Mixon when OU was recruiting him out of Cali. He made a tremendous mistake that night. It will haunt him for a lifetime and rightfully so. However, anyone saying he isn't sorry for what he did or hasn't taken steps to make things right is clueless. I don't mean to offend in saying that but it's the truth. Whether it's the Daily Oklahoman, The Tulsa World or local sports talk radio, this topic has been discussed and dissected 6 ways from Sunday here in OK. Joe had no issues coming to Norman. He was highly thought of and it was well known he wasn't a party guy. He doesn't drink and do much of the other stuff most kids like to partake in. All that changed the night he hit Ms. Molitor. The kid did the worst thing you could do in that situation. It doesn't matter what sort of racial slurs she was dropping on him. It doesn't matter how hard she slapped him. Joe should've walked away and he now knows that. He's been working with kids, telling his story and how it was dead wrong for him to hit that woman. He has been doing tons of community stuff since the incident but that doesn't get reported. I know from beyond credible sources the young man has been and will continue to do everything he can to grow from this mistake and hopefully keep a few others from doing the same. From a talent standpoint, Mixon is the most talented RB in this draft. Period. He has size, speed, moves, vision and hands good enough to be put in the slot on a regular basis and blend in seamlessly. I don't foresee Joe having any further issues in the league. His track record tells me this and his actions since the event do too. Again, what he did was despicable. I am a Christian and believe in forgiveness and second chances. I hope Joe can continue on the proper path and reach his full potential both on and off the field. Whatever team lands this kid is going to be getting a Top 10 talent.

Feel free to flame me if you disagree but I thought it was time someone close to and very familiar with all the details said something about this kid. Be good y'all.

If it was an isolated mistake and he truly wants to make it right, then I hope that he earns his way in the league and creates a platform to decry the kind of violence he was responsible for that night.

Others may disagree, but I do think he should see his draft stock fall as a message to others that there are real consequences for those actions. I'm not saying that he shouldn't be allowed to play-- but I think that video and then a 1st or 2nd round draft slot is just terrible optics.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
I'm starting to think that this Mixon conversation is as divided as our country is in politics.... there is no middle road, either your for him, or your not. There is no independent side, and playing or seeing points on both sides is not allowed.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never said anything about Mixon not being a good football player. I don't want him on the team for obvious reasons though.

So then at what point does a man have the right to defend himself against a female who is obviously attacking him with everything she has? Does he have to get a broken nose first? Maybe a gouged eye from a ring? Exactly what is the threshold in your mind? You are allowed to use whatever force is necessary to neutralize the threat, and that's exactly what he did. He didn't continue to wail on her. He punched her back once and walked away. It's not as if we're talking about aggravated battery here.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm starting to think that this Mixon conversation is as divided as our country is in politics.... there is no middle road, either your for him, or your not. There is no independent side, and playing or seeing points on both sides is not allowed.

Probably only slightly less divisive than the Adrian Peterson case and that's because the AP case involved a child and in the Mixon case she did strike him. Still, there were a lot of AP defenders feeling AP had the right to discipline his own child. Any acts like this are going to be split between two camps. However, I don't quite see it as seeing points on both sides not being allowed as much as I'm right and you are wrong and there is no other point.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
So then at what point does a man have the right to defend himself against a female who is obviously attacking him with everything she has? Does he have to get a broken nose first? Maybe a gouged eye from a ring? Exactly what is the threshold in your mind? You are allowed to use whatever force is necessary to neutralize the threat, and that's exactly what he did. He didn't continue to wail on her. He punched her back once and walked away. It's not as if we're talking about aggravated battery here.

Anyone who watches the video knows it's an absolute joke to argue that he was anywhere close to being in danger from her and her "attacking." Nothing she did in laying hands on him was right, but it also didn't pose any sort of threat to Mixon.

The fact is that a woman half his size was yelling at him, she pushed his chest, and then weakly slapped his jaw. He broke her face in the blink of an eye. Defending him on the grounds that he had to neutralize a "threat" is laughable.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
He broke her face in the blink of an eye.
She don't hit the table on the way down, is her face still broken up? My niece lost her eye when her brother hit her. She caught the corner of a table with her eye socket. He was four, she was two. Basic childhood pushing.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll admit to not knowing anything about the case really, i have no idea what he did or didn't do since, or before. I've said if they pick him, they pick him. Just point out my thoughts that I don't think was self defense, i don't think it was just "stupid act" because i've been around a lot of stupid stuff growing up, nothing even remotely touches this situation. I don't think taking a readshirt year in football is punishment. The kid can make ammends, but I can't get what I saw out of head.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
She don't hit the table on the way down, is her face still broken up? My niece lost her eye when her brother hit her. She caught the corner of a table with her eye socket. He was four, she was two. Basic childhood pushing.

Her face was broken in four places. I don't think that's all up to the table. Especially when you watch the video and see the force of the actual blow. It was hardly childhood pushing, though parenthetically I'm sorry about your niece.

But here are a couple different questions: if he doesn't smash his fist into her face, does she hit the table on the way down? If I body slam someone onto the concrete and they break some ribs when they hit the ground, is it the cement's fault?

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I have to take a RB in the 2nd I would take Alvin Kamara over Mixon. I also think Kareem Hunt will be better than Mixon at next level, and he will be a bargain in 4th. Mixon is overrated, I have him mocked to the Saints in 2nd... Sorry Saints!!

Reaction score

On one hand, I absolutely appreciate your Christian sentiment because you are correct in that we all need to be quick to forgive one another.
Forgiveness, however,does not mean we have to practice martyrdom and directly associate ourselves with those who we personally deem to have done something morally, legally or unethically wrong. IMO, I believe the behavior in question covers all 3.
The first question a judge will ask in nearly any court case is if anyone has suffered any injury in that particular case. There is a reason for this.
While his recent actions sound commendable let me remind you that Torts are rarely first offenses. Probability wise, there are multiple incidents that occur before an individual gets caught in the act, much like a DWI etc.. This may be the one case in 20 where he has never been violent before, not once.
Im proud That I can truthfully say that I have never hit a woman in my lifetime. I'm not perfect, I'm just fortunate to be disciplined early and often by my dad. Heck, I got scolded firmly for putting my shoes on the couch, now I get why my dad did that.
I'm just not interested in finding out whether or not he's learned his lesson while he's wearing a Packer Jersey.
I do truly hope he had an epiphany and hes a completely changed man.. I really do...because he clearly needs to be and he'll eventually go to jail or worse if he can't control that temper.

Last edited:

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On one hand, I absolutely appreciate your Christian sentiment because you are correct in that we all need to be quick to forgive one another.
Forgiveness, however,does not mean we have to practice martyrdom and directly associate ourselves with those who we personally deem to have done something morally, legally or unethically wrong. IMO, I believe the behavior in question covers all 3.
The first question a judge will ask in nearly any court case is if anyone has suffered any injury in that particular case. There is a reason for this.
While his recent actions sound commendable let me remind you that Torts are rarely first offenses. Probability wise, there are multiple incidents that occur before an individual gets caught in the act, much like a DWI etc.. This may be the one case in 20 where he has never been violent before, not once.
Im proud That I can truthfully say that I have never hit a woman in my lifetime. I'm not perfect, I'm just fortunate to be disciplined early and often by my dad. Heck, I got scolded firmly for putting my shoes on the couch, now I get why my dad did that.
I'm just not interested in finding out whether or not he's learned his lesson while he's wearing a Packer Jersey.
I do truly hope he had an epiphany and hes a completely changed man.. I really do...because he clearly needs to be and he'll eventually go to jail or worse if he can't control that temper.
Well said.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That's totally different. he's not marrying your daughter he's gonna score touchdowns for your team and extend your favorite qbs career

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
That's totally different. he's not marrying your daughter he's gonna score touchdowns for your team and extend your favorite qbs career
Like I said and as you quoted me....."nobody but you has the ability to change how you perceive things." I stand by my words and convictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts