Joe Mixon in the 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody will draft Mixon and Conley( both drafted by same team) I think Mixon is a bigger future problem the Conley, hope both go forward with no problems.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody will draft Mixon and Conley( both drafted by same team) I think Mixon is a bigger future problem the Conley, hope both go forward with no problems.

You mean you think they'll both make it to UDFA? Not a chance.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Mixon will be drafted. While I won't speculate as to what the future for Joe will be, Conley could find himself in jail and out of football. At least Mixon has an opportunity, at this point, to keep his nose clean and be the best that he can be.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, not one team would draft both. I think someone earlier said something about getting Mixon in the first and Conley later.

I gotcha. Bonus question then... if the Cowboys hadn't taken Zeke last year, would they draft both?

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mixon will be drafted. While I won't speculate as to what the future for Joe will be, Conley could find himself in jail and out of football.
What?!?! There's a video of Mixon breaking a woman's face & you think he'll get drafted, but there's only a 3AM elevator hook-up accusation against Conley and he won't be drafted? This girl met Conley on an elevator at 3AM, went to his room (with others in it), accuses him of ****, and is then uncooperative with the police... yet he's guilty enough to get taken off of all 32 teams' draft boards?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
What?!?! There's a video of Mixon breaking a woman's face & you think he'll get drafted, but there's only a 3AM elevator hook-up accusation against Conley and he won't be drafted? This girl met Conley on an elevator at 3AM, went to his room (with others in it), accuses him of ****, and is then uncooperative with the police... yet he's guilty enough to get taken off of all 32 teams' draft boards?

I was just predicting how I think the draft will roll with those 2 players. I base that on this:
  • Mixon: Teams are pretty much up to speed on the guy, so they have decided if they want him or don't.
  • Conley: Raw, new news. Nobody really knows how it's going to turn out. Could be nothing or could land him in jail. He may eventually get drafted, but I doubt in the first, as he was predicted to be. Not at all, wouldn't surprise me.
Personally, I would stay away from both players. Just my opinion, I don't expect or require anybody, including the Packers, to agree with me. The draft results, that is totally out of my control, I am just making my prediction on how I think it may go for those 2 players.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm Conley? I do what the lineman that Dallas got a few years back did. Threaten that if drafted after round 2, sit out a year, fix legal issues, and re-enter draft next year. Otherwise sign 1 year UDFA big $$$ {for UDFA} contract.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'm Conley? I do what the lineman that Dallas got a few years back did. Threaten that if drafted after round 2, sit out a year, fix legal issues, and re-enter draft next year. Otherwise sign 1 year UDFA big $$$ {for UDFA} contract.

Or start shopping for soap on a rope. :coffee:

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I was just predicting how I think the draft will roll with those 2 players. I base that on this:
  • Mixon: Teams are pretty much up to speed on the guy, so they have decided if they want him or don't.
  • Conley: Raw, new news. Nobody really knows how it's going to turn out. Could be nothing or could land him in jail. He may eventually get drafted, but I doubt in the first, as he was predicted to be. Not at all, wouldn't surprise me.
Personally, I would stay away from both players. Just my opinion, I don't expect or require anybody, including the Packers, to agree with me. The draft results, that is totally out of my control, I am just making my prediction on how I think it may go for those 2 players.
Couple of things. Conley says they have video evidence to prove the allegations false. For her sake, if she is not telling the truth and he falls in the draft because of her accusations he would have a valid lawsuit against her. Now, it will have to play out but my bet is that he falls at least to the second round since the police are not going to be saying anything before the draft starts.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Couple of things. Conley says they have video evidence to prove the allegations false. For her sake, if she is not telling the truth and he falls in the draft because of her accusations he would have a valid lawsuit against her. Now, it will have to play out but my bet is that he falls at least to the second round since the police are not going to be saying anything before the draft starts.

Nobody knows how the accusations will play out, until well after the draft. I read that the accuser will be releasing a statement tonight through her attorney, but she is standing by her accusations. Wondering what "video evidence" Conley would have to prove his innocence, I wouldn't want to speculate what that could be, short of her agreeing to have sex.

Anyway, teams have to be leery of investing a high pick on Conley at this point, not knowing which way the allegation will go. Innocent until proven guilty.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone who watches the video knows it's an absolute joke to argue that he was anywhere close to being in danger from her and her "attacking." Nothing she did in laying hands on him was right, but it also didn't pose any sort of threat to Mixon.

The fact is that a woman half his size was yelling at him, she pushed his chest, and then weakly slapped his jaw. He broke her face in the blink of an eye. Defending him on the grounds that he had to neutralize a "threat" is laughable.

I see. So if a man is bigger and stronger than a woman who is attacking him, then he better not even think about defending himself. Good to know! Now what if he's bigger and stronger than another man who is attacking him?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see. So if a man is bigger and stronger than a woman who is attacking him, then he better not even think about defending himself. Good to know! Now what if he's bigger and stronger than another man who is attacking him?
To have that reaction in that situation that he put himself in spoke volumes about his character whether it was a man sitting in that chair or a woman. Some ******* is popping off at me from some chair in a restaurant and I'm not even acknowledging them let alone going to look for a confrontation from a woman. Amazes me that people try and defend him using "self defense".

Much more respect for those that can at least admit what it was and he was wrong and think he can change rather than the bunk he was "attacked" and needed to "defend himself".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts